X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SRK
    Roadie
    • Jan 2004

Wdve Pittsburgh Talks About Poor Ticket Sales

I was driving to work today listen to DVE and the DJs were saying about how the concert season was going slow this year and how many shows have been canceled for lack of interest and slow ticket sales namely Lollapalooza. They said bands such as KISS and VAN hagar are having slow sales everywhere. The one DJ said its sad how many tickets VAN hagar has left since its been so long since they toured. This is the PITTSBURGH Post-Gazette Pavilion show where they are running the special $25 FLAT LAWN TICKETS AND A COUPON FOR $10 OFF YOUR FOOD PURCHASE. The VAN hagar tour and "reunion" is not making the big splash the brothers and sam have talked themselves into. WAKE UP BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.

THERE IS NO VAN HALEN WITHOUT DAVID LEE ROTH
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

But we already knew this was going to happen.

Comment

• tobinentinc
      Head Fluffer
      • Apr 2004

I heard that too. Pittsburgh is a DLR VH town, not some faggy Van Hagar town.
      http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...hics/sines.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...m/kissarmy.jpg http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...ve/vhlogo1.gif

Comment

• RogueHorseman
        Commando
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by SRK
        I was driving to work today listen to DVE and the DJs were saying about how the concert season was going slow this year and how many shows have been canceled for lack of interest and slow ticket sales namely Lollapalooza. They said bands such as KISS and VAN hagar are having slow sales everywhere. The one DJ said its sad how many tickets VAN hagar has left since its been so long since they toured. This is the PITTSBURGH Post-Gazette Pavilion show where they are running the special $25 FLAT LAWN TICKETS AND A COUPON FOR $10 OFF YOUR FOOD PURCHASE. The VAN hagar tour and "reunion" is not making the big splash the brothers and sam have talked themselves into. WAKE UP BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.

THERE IS NO VAN HALEN WITHOUT DAVID LEE ROTH
        ahhhhh, but town idiot sez pollstar proves it just isn't true!

Such a proper name for the boy, stuck just like superglue.
        <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• classicdude
          Foot Soldier
          • Apr 2004

$10 off food!?!?

Sammy will be there.....which way to the CHEESE??

Comment

• julia
            Head Fluffer
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by tobinentinc
            I heard that too. Pittsburgh is a DLR VH town, not some faggy Van Hagar town.
            you damn right
            people that don't have dreams don't have much

Comment

• degüello
              Sniper
              • Mar 2004

Every year there's media coverage going on and on about summer concert sales going slowly; I remember reading the same articles the past two summers.

Either it's a steady trend that's growing, or an easy news topic without much substance...
              "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• Mezro
                Full Member Status

• May 2004

Every show that sells slow, each food incentive the promoters invent, every half full crowd Sam stares out is a nice, meaty slap in the face.

Van Hagar falls into that whole "washed up 80's hair band" category that gains its little bit of drawing power from the past reputation of Van Halen. Many of the sheep that crawl to these shows cite seeing EVH live as the main reason..not Sammy "false sense of history/security" Hagar.

It is all over kids; the Hagar mess has finally been exposed for what a joke it really is.

Mezro...back to massage therapy Sam...don't worry...there are plenty of fat men looking for your meat mitts
                Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Big Train
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

THe concert business as a whole has been going down the shitter for the last 5 years, even though they have made more money than ever, mostly by charging boomers gazillions to the see the magic of Springsteen, Simon & Garfunkel etc...The "Your still hip cause you saw CSNY" crowd eats that shit up. Likewise with hair pacakage tours. The new bands can barely fill a skate park and thats with 40 on them of the fucking bill.

VH was considered one of the last pillars of the "Shed circuit" but this tour proves that you can't trade in on a good name forever. It is testament to Daves VH that they got a free pass for 20 years.

Comment

• pkolb
                    Groupie
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Big Train

VH was considered one of the last pillars of the "Shed circuit" but this tour proves that you can't trade in on a good name forever. It is testament to Daves VH that they got a free pass for 20 years.
                    Good point.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Just imagine how huge a full reunion with Dave wouldve been back in 96'.........would've made the Kiss tour look like nothing.

Comment

• livendallas

Yeah! I Bet The First Pre-Season Home Pittsburgh Steeler Game Outsells More Tickets Than Gay Fagar And The Tampon Brothers , Plus The Dallas Cowgirls Will Outsell Them Here In Dallas / Me A Pittsburgh Steeler Game On T.V. Or Go See Van Fagar ? No Contest It's Got To Be Pitt. Besides Where Will All The American Idols Be In Twenty Years From Now? Asking Simon Can "We Do A Where Are THey Now American Idol" Just So That They Can Be Remembered. Oh And Look Out It's "Sniper Kitty , Shooting All Street Poopers, Including U Turd Dropping Van Hagar Fans!!!!"

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

I remember thinking a few months ago that we would have some huge fun disputing the crappy ticket sales with the Spamsters...
                          They all gave up.. They have had the realization that Van Hagar
                          is not in the middle of a sellout tour...

We tried to tell them all along.....
                          BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...