2012 Annual Guitar World Poll - Congrats To Ed And Van Halen!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

2012 Annual Guitar World Poll - Congrats To Ed And Van Halen!!!

Got the new issue the other day.

Ed got "Most Valuable Player".

Van Halen got "Best Comeback Of The Year".

DKOT was second place to Rush's Clockwork Angels for Best Rock Album.

VH was second place to Iron Maiden in "Best Live Act".

Favorite Magazine Cover went to the April edition with Ed on it.
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I saw it in the store. VH also ranked in the disappointment category for there tour cancellation. I guess that's a positive disappointment, though. Peeps wanna see their DLRVH!!

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

I'd certainly have to say that Ed was focused and played well, both on the ADKOT album and on the tour date I saw them at. Thought the guy pulled it together and gave a potent demonstration of what made him so spectacular in the first place, which when considering the condition he was in at the end of the 2008 tour is kind of miraculous. I'll tell you straight out, that guy looked and played like he was fairly washed up in Tampa in 2008, and I left that show thinking it was a pitiful way to end a career but in no way shocking because he had clearly been on the decline for years prior to that.
      It was a really good night out in 2012 seeing Van Halen and hearing Eddie play up to his abilities again.
      Should I never see the band again, that show last year was a good one to have been my last.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Terry
        Should I never see the band again, that show last year was a good one to have been my last.
        I'll back that up. My greedy-ass self would like some more new recorded music, though. Once they pick up with touring again, I'd like them to stay strictly outside the U.S. of America. So many people in here deserve to see with their own eyes what we've seen last year.

Comment

• Zing!
          Veteran
          • Oct 2011

Congrats to Ed and VH - they deserve any and all accolades they get for ADKOT!
          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• ZahZoo
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

If Ed and Al questioned their relevance in today's market... Last year should have sealed it for them. Now all they need to do is keep workin and not go park their asses for another 10 years.
            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
              I'll back that up. My greedy-ass self would like some more new recorded music, though. Once they pick up with touring again, I'd like them to stay strictly outside the U.S. of America. So many people in here deserve to see with their own eyes what we've seen last year.
              Hopefully with 2008 Dave and 2012 Eddie.

Comment

• mh5150
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2010

2007-8 DLR + 2012 EVH = 2013 VH tour to be seen ..

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  Hopefully with 2008 Dave and 2012 Eddie.
                  2008 Dave had his shit wired down TIGHT.

Yeah, 2008 Dave and 2012 Eddie onstage together would have been the FUckin' BOMB!
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                    1996/1997 was the best missed opportunity to have the whole magilla: original lineup, new music, band in a overall physical condition that would have lent itself to a sustained tour.

It sucks to have to say it, but in many ways Van Halen now as a contemporary proposition is a crapshoot in terms of existence from one day to the next, and not really due to how well the band is getting along, either: Roth ain't no spring chicken and Eddie has a multitude of health problems that he has to contend with regardless of how much he is or isn't drinking at this point.

Since 2007, I've looked at each tour and the new music as gravy we were lucky to even see at all, and I'm gonna carry that attitude forward: I'd like to think the band has a bit of road left to travel, but I ain't gonna wager much money on it.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Blacklisted
                      Banned
                      • Sep 2004

Ford and nickdfresh
                      Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-15-2013, 04:33 PM. Reason: content

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Blacklisted is a homo? Whoda thunk? Fucking tool....

Comment

• WARF
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Banned in 5 minutes with a career of over 500 posts and not even one single THANKS!

He must be in the record books tonight!

Comment

• WARF
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Blacklisted
                            Ford and nickdfresh [ATTACH=CONFIG]9392[/ATTACH]
                            As much as I would like to see Nick and FORD break the record for the world's longest kiss (12 hours)

Maybe it's time we remove this gayness...

Comment

• Anonymous
                              Banned
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                              Got the new issue the other day.

Ed got "Most Valuable Player".

Van Halen got "Best Comeback Of The Year".

DKOT was second place to Rush's Clockwork Angels for Best Rock Album.

VH was second place to Iron Maiden in "Best Live Act".

Favorite Magazine Cover went to the April edition with Ed on it.
                              ADKOT was a weirdly valid & relevant album, soundwise, in this day & age. I was expecting something like a throwback to the 80s & that would've been grate, but what we got is OUTSTANDING!

And second place to Iron Maiden? Well, they have Bruce in there, who's never been at a low point live in his entire career, so no way they could've ranked any higher. That IS a recognition. And a well deserve one.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

Working...