• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Earls Court 1975

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

The song remains the same movie was pretty average compared to how incredibly much better they were on other performances. (Royal Albert Hall for example)

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

It was a shit film. End of story.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Hardrock69
            We would watch this, plus Heavy Metal, The Wall and some others at midnight shows in San Diego my first year in the Navy in '84.....

I'll never forget when Plant sings "the snow drives back the foot that's slow" during No Quarter, my buddy would scream "Cocaine !!!!!!" everytime.....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              I'll never forget when Plant sings "the snow drives back the foot that's slow" during No Quarter, my buddy would scream "Cocaine !!!!!!" everytime.....
              I'm concerned. I don't think you should be hanging out with such people. They are obviously a bad influence.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
                I'm concerned. I don't think you should be hanging out with such people. They are obviously a bad influence.
                It was a different time.....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

It was a great time...
                  American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

You can watch a band perform on tv and although you get a glimpse at how they would be live it's never the same as being there. I had never been to a concert when that movie came out. It did give a good idea about Zep live. They rock harder live but there are some things that can be done in a studio where you can edit and re do that are difficult to reproduce live. Jimmy Page can't always hit the right notes every time live. It gives some people the impression that he's not as good as he seems in the studio. Then you hear something improvised for the live show and think he's the best ever. I like the way it was filmed too. from the perspective of an actual attendee. I think it's still one of the best concert movies ever made.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

We would watch this, plus Heavy Metal, The Wall and some others at midnight shows in San Diego my first year in the Navy in '84.....

No Rocky Horror Show? I remember watching Bowie's "Ziggy Stardust" movie at Balboa Park. He rocked but all those upskirt shots of Bowie made me uncomfortable to say the least.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        No Rocky Horror Show? I remember watching Bowie's "Ziggy Stardust" movie at Balboa Park. He rocked but all those upskirt shots of Bowie made me uncomfortable to say the least.
                        These were in a little strip mall right down the road from the Sports Arena....

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

These were in a little strip mall right down the road from the Sports Arena....
                          Near Froggy's Notion? I think that was the name of that bar. Full of relics hanging from the ceiling.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                            Near Froggy's Notion? I think that was the name of that bar. Full of relics hanging from the ceiling.
                            Not that far down...

On the same side of the street before you get to the Arena, assuming you're coming from Rosecrans....

This is it, http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/14497
                            Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 01-17-2013, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

I just glad all this nonsense was before my time.

Comment

Working...