Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

Jimmy Page and Gary Clark Jr. in John Varvatos Clothing AD

Jimmy Page and Gary Clark Jr. Star in New Ads for John Varvatos Clothing Company

The John Varvatos clothing line, which has made a habit of using rockers in its recent ads — everyone from Paul Weller to Joe Perry to Iggy Pop — has recruited a new set of six-string stars for its latest campaign.

New John Varvatos ads feature Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page and Austin-based blues rocker Gary Clark Jr. The company's spring 2013 initiative is called “The Master & the Young Guitar-Slinger.”

In the ads, Page and Clark are featured in black-and-white photos shot by Danny Clinch at the Rivoli Ballroom in London.

Clinch, Page and Clark also teamed up to make a promo video for the campaign, which you can check out below. During the video, Clark is seen performing an acoustic version of "When My Train Pulls In," a track off his 2012 album, Blak and Blu, while Page makes his way to the Rivoli.

“Jimmy Page has been a music and fashion icon of mine since 1970. He has been a major influence and I am honored to call Jimmy a friend,” said Varvatos in a statement. “Gary Clark Jr. is the real deal — amazing guitar player, singer, songwriter and friend. Having ‘The Master’ and the ‘Young Guitar-Slinger’ together in our campaign is a dream come true.”

For more about John Varvatos, visit the line's official website.

JIMMY PAGE IS EVERYWHERE
  • ODShowtime
    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

In that picture Jimmy Page looks like he's sick of the whore's bullshit around here.
    gnaw on it

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I never even heard of this Gary Clark guy two months ago, and now he's playing gigs with the Stones and making videos/posters/whatever with Jimmy Page. So whoever he is, he must be doing something right.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by FORD
        I never even heard of this Gary Clark guy two months ago, and now he's playing gigs with the Stones and making videos/posters/whatever with Jimmy Page. So whoever he is, he must be doing something right.
        He rocks!

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Jeeezusss-ah!

Man he fucking kills it!

Comment

Working...