PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Page and Gary Clark Jr. in John Varvatos Clothing AD

Matt White
01-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Jimmy Page and Gary Clark Jr. Star in New Ads for John Varvatos Clothing Company

http://www.guitarworld.com/files/imagecache/featured-node/Screen%20Shot%202013-01-24%20at%207.44.46%20AM.png

http://www.guitarworld.com/jimmy-page-and-gary-clark-jr-star-new-ads-john-varvatos-clothing-company

The John Varvatos clothing line, which has made a habit of using rockers in its recent ads — everyone from Paul Weller to Joe Perry to Iggy Pop — has recruited a new set of six-string stars for its latest campaign.

New John Varvatos ads feature Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page and Austin-based blues rocker Gary Clark Jr. The company's spring 2013 initiative is called “The Master & the Young Guitar-Slinger.”

In the ads, Page and Clark are featured in black-and-white photos shot by Danny Clinch at the Rivoli Ballroom in London.

Clinch, Page and Clark also teamed up to make a promo video for the campaign, which you can check out below. During the video, Clark is seen performing an acoustic version of "When My Train Pulls In," a track off his 2012 album, Blak and Blu, while Page makes his way to the Rivoli.

“Jimmy Page has been a music and fashion icon of mine since 1970. He has been a major influence and I am honored to call Jimmy a friend,” said Varvatos in a statement. “Gary Clark Jr. is the real deal — amazing guitar player, singer, songwriter and friend. Having ‘The Master’ and the ‘Young Guitar-Slinger’ together in our campaign is a dream come true.”

For more about John Varvatos, visit the line's official website.

JIMMY PAGE IS EVERYWHERE

ODShowtime
01-24-2013, 09:54 PM
In that picture Jimmy Page looks like he's sick of the whore's bullshit around here.

FORD
01-26-2013, 10:19 PM
I never even heard of this Gary Clark guy two months ago, and now he's playing gigs with the Stones and making videos/posters/whatever with Jimmy Page. So whoever he is, he must be doing something right.

Matt White
01-27-2013, 08:40 AM
I never even heard of this Gary Clark guy two months ago, and now he's playing gigs with the Stones and making videos/posters/whatever with Jimmy Page. So whoever he is, he must be doing something right.

He rocks!

Hardrock69
01-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Jeeezusss-ah!

Man he fucking kills it!