PDA

View Full Version : Let's Make This Crystal Clear

Ernie123
06-24-2004, 10:36 AM
Okay Gang, let's make this crystal clear for LSD and VanHalen2004... who are probably the same person.

Shall we begin?

You cannot revise history and apologize away all of the crap that came out of these guy's respective mouthes over the past 10 years. Ed and Al's supposed sobriety bs. Sam stating he was screwed and was nothing but accomodating to Ed. Mike Anthony? If he could light himself on fire at a concert nude and it wouldn't be newsworthy. But, I digress...

The facts are these: Ed still drinks and SMOKES. Not too bright if you ask me, if the cancer story was even true. All of this on heels of him stating, the last time we heard from his flaky ass, that he had been sober since 1994 and based EVERY interview on it. Alex is as stupid as ever. I love hearing people with limited intellect trying to be wordsmiths. He really is a cunt. Sam Hagar is as vanilla and insecure as ever. The facts are that he never had the talent to match Roth in VH. Hence, he and his dead manager started to pick and shovel away at Classic VH. Trying to tear it down and show that Van Hagar was better. I have news for Sam, without Classic VH, there is no Van Hagar. That is fact and it will NEVER change. Sam is the replacement. Roth IS the singer. Simple fact gang, you can't dispute it. Sam didn't come before Dave. Just reference Porsche vs. Volkswagon, Mach II and so forth. All bs stated by Sam and his Manager prior to Dave uttering a word about why he left VH.

Lastly, notice I didn't mention Mike Anthony in the previous paragraph? Why, you might ask?? Please reference the second paragraph and you'll know why. Newsworthy is the keyword.... Oh, Valerie not mentioned at all until now??? Same reason..

EmpyreLounge44
06-24-2004, 10:43 AM
Your kinda right...DLR WAS the singer then his ego and Ed's ego got far too big and they can not work together for whatever dumb reasons. Like it or not Hagar is currently the singer for Van Halen and yes, he is a replacement but is currently the singer...who knows after the tour.

Is it shit that Ed is drinking and smoking...yes, but its his life. Suggesting cancer was faked is pretty low, why would it be untrue? DLR even said it was true and he had Ed go to his DR.

Ernie123
06-24-2004, 10:51 AM
The cancer shot was low... But untrue? Eddie stated in the press for 5 years he was sober. It was a lie obviously.

The point I'm making is simply that there is always something that victim players like Ed are always pointing to excuse their behavior. Ed was NOT sober, but had gone way too far down the path of preaching to turn around and not have it be a PR nightmare. Now, he is just not giving interviews because he knows sooner or later he is going to get nailed.

I also lay a lot of this on the journalists that fail to challenge these guys with follow up questions. They simply won't answer, but the sheep writers aren't asking them either. I would ask them about all that was said. I would pull out the Guitar Magazine issues and so forth and ask Sam Dickhead, "You mean you didn't discuss all of this???? You just pretended it didn't happen????" Sooner than later it will come to a head. You can't create that type of resentment and not have residual effects.

Gee, remember their analogy about going back to the "old" wife or girlfriend and then realizing why you left them before??? Alex ought to remember those words. They are about to haunt him VERY soon.

guwapo_rocker
06-24-2004, 10:52 AM
Sammy Gaygar did not join Van Halen!
Sammy Gaygar got 3 new Waboritas, 1 is a drunk, 1 is
an idiot with a big mouth, small brain, and broken neck,
and 1 has a serious addiction to Twinkies and Doritos.

EmpyreLounge44
06-24-2004, 10:58 AM
Yeah Ed is drinking again but suggesting he faked cancer to explain him disappearing from music for 6 years is pretty classless when everyone verifys it to be true.

thats why i made a point to say currently since who knows how long this reunion will last. The point you made about what Alex said is excellent and you can easily see it happening. There is only so much pretending you can do that things weren't said and didn't happen.

As far as the journalists go, they arent doing interviews other than a few here and there...all the interviews that come out are all from the same conference call with Sammy & Al. And even then, journalists will not keep pushing the "You said this...He said that" since they weren't answering them. It just doesnt make sense to beat the dead horse when they are just flat out refusing to answer the questions about what was said.

RogueHorseman
06-24-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
Your kinda right...DLR WAS the singer then his ego and Ed's ego got far too big and they can not work together for whatever dumb reasons. Like it or not Hagar is currently the singer for Van Halen and yes, he is a replacement but is currently the singer...who knows after the tour.

Is it shit that Ed is drinking and smoking...yes, but its his life. Suggesting cancer was faked is pretty low, why would it be untrue? DLR even said it was true and he had Ed go to his DR.

I've seen you make some very good points in other threads Empyre, but not so much in this case.

You are not exactly right yourself presenting the initial split as some same-level of intensity mutual ego clash... Mostly, besides the real ego clash, Ed simply would not get off his ass. Kinda like he hasn't for the last six years. Ed would not crawl out of the bottle until 3-4 in the afternoon most days and would crawl right back in by 6 or so.

Also, according to many the tongue cancer bit was WAY overplayed for sympathy and as cover for the real problems/issues, too.

But yes, Sam IS the hired hand front man for this current tour.

No way that is going to last long, no matter whatever else happens.

EmpyreLounge44
06-24-2004, 11:27 AM
Cancer is cancer...the Big C. You can't overplay it in my eyes. Was he in direct grave danger through the tongue cancer he had...probably not, but they never said he was either. just that he was being treated in texas i think it was.

and no, thats how i saw the initial breakup. both DLR and Ed have their versions so no one really knows since we wernt there. It all goes to who you believe and for me it is neither. Both are so full of shit how the stories go. Do you think if there was a full fledged reunion with DLR that they wouldnt be playing the same..."The past is the past" game? I think its just easier for them to run from all their personality flaws then to deal with it and move on.

EddieFan4Eva
06-24-2004, 05:59 PM
Cancer is cancer...the Big C. You can't overplay it in my eyes. Was he in direct grave danger through the tongue cancer he had...probably not, but they never said he was either. just that he was being treated in texas i think it was.

and no, thats how i saw the initial breakup. both DLR and Ed have their versions so no one really knows since we wernt there. It all goes to who you believe and for me it is neither. Both are so full of shit how the stories go. Do you think if there was a full fledged reunion with DLR that they wouldnt be playing the same..."The past is the past" game? I think its just easier for them to run from all their personality flaws then to deal with it and move on.

Why try to debate with these morons Empyre? If you dont suck Dave's pole and throw the same repeated insults to Sammy every day, you just wont get anywhere. Like i've stated many time...if everything was the way it is now, but with DLR instead of Sammy....there would be no end to the dicksucking. The same 3 tunes that they hate now would be "bombproof" with Dave on vocals....so they'd say. Not that i want to change people's minds here....far from it...but just realize what you're dealing with when you debate here....blind/deaf/dumb are 3 words that say it best.

ALinChainz
06-24-2004, 06:05 PM
Then what are you here for? To bash Dave, like the rest.

Dave wouldn't have written the shitty lyrics Sam did.

THAT'S why they would be "bomb proof".

And talking about members here wanting to suck Dave's pole isn't exactly debate either.

You're an Eddie fan, would you suck his pole?

MAX
06-24-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by EddieFan4Eva
blind/deaf/dumb are 3 words that say it best.

So your real name is Tommy?

EddieFan4Eva
06-24-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by MAX
So your real name is Tommy?

LOL...nope. Wasnt generalizing....but, eh....the majority fits the mold.

rockvanhalen66
06-24-2004, 07:35 PM
what kind of shit is that saying ed faked cancer .you got to be some kind of male ass eater to even say shit like that. and if he wants to drink or smoke. thats up to him. you dont pay for his drinks or smokes. so why dont you go poke your ass again with your face.

Sarge
06-24-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by rockvanhalen66
what kind of shit is that saying ed faked cancer .

Then I guess you haven't heard hitch's argument on this..

RogueHorseman
06-24-2004, 08:04 PM
you dont pay for his drinks or smokes.

That is about the biggest dumbass statement I've seen in weeks, even from an Ed or Sammy sheep trolling here.

No moron, see, the FANS do in fact buy his drinks and smokes, bought his house, the 5150 studio... they pay Val and Wolfies mortgage on that damn mansion, paid for the divorce, too, bought all his cars, guitars, amps... every f'n thing.

Now, when he spends all afternoon drinking during sound check and proceeds to come on stage lit, only to sneak and guzzle even more DURING the show the fans have every right to complain. Instead of seeing this guitar god show off his stuff they get him 1/2 drunk or worse to the point he can't even remember his own damn chord progressions.

Not exactly money well spent.

As a fan, or a promoter, I would not give two shits if he gets plastered AFTER the show every frickin' night... just so long as when he is on stage he is giving 100%, being professional... and at minimum remembers how to play his own damn songs.

Jeez. You guys are the biggest blind bunch of apologists walking earth.

Viking
06-24-2004, 08:08 PM
I'll drink to all of it.....:guzzle:

DLR_EngineRoom
06-24-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Ernie123
Okay Gang, let's make this crystal clear for LSD and VanHalen2004... who are probably the same person.

Shall we begin?

You cannot revise history and apologize away all of the crap that came out of these guy's respective mouthes over the past 10 years. Ed and Al's supposed sobriety bs. Sam stating he was screwed and was nothing but accomodating to Ed. Mike Anthony? If he could light himself on fire at a concert nude and it wouldn't be newsworthy. But, I digress...

The facts are these: Ed still drinks and SMOKES. Not too bright if you ask me, if the cancer story was even true. All of this on heels of him stating, the last time we heard from his flaky ass, that he had been sober since 1994 and based EVERY interview on it. Alex is as stupid as ever. I love hearing people with limited intellect trying to be wordsmiths. He really is a cunt. Sam Hagar is as vanilla and insecure as ever. The facts are that he never had the talent to match Roth in VH. Hence, he and his dead manager started to pick and shovel away at Classic VH. Trying to tear it down and show that Van Hagar was better. I have news for Sam, without Classic VH, there is no Van Hagar. That is fact and it will NEVER change. Sam is the replacement. Roth IS the singer. Simple fact gang, you can't dispute it. Sam didn't come before Dave. Just reference Porsche vs. Volkswagon, Mach II and so forth. All bs stated by Sam and his Manager prior to Dave uttering a word about why he left VH.

Lastly, notice I didn't mention Mike Anthony in the previous paragraph? Why, you might ask?? Please reference the second paragraph and you'll know why. Newsworthy is the keyword.... Oh, Valerie not mentioned at all until now??? Same reason..

TAKE THAT, YOU MISGUIDED, MISINFORMED HAGARITA SHEEP!

Volkster
06-24-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by DLR_EngineRoom
TAKE THAT, YOU MISGUIDED, MISINFORMED HAGARITA SHEEP!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA!!!!!!:D

Dan
06-24-2004, 09:38 PM
Who let the sheep out?

Antman
06-24-2004, 09:58 PM
What's sober for Eddie Van Halen? One bottle of wine as opposed to two? A six pack of Heineken vs. a twelve pack? To slip is one thing and unfortunate. But what really boggles my mind is that Sam, Mike and Al don't seem to be doing anything to discourage him from drinking, smoking etc. They are all classic co-dependent enablers. And people wonder why Val left? It's not easy being married to someone with an addiction and it makes it even harder when you have a kid who is being raised in this environment. Wolfgang may have his father's talent, but let's hope is not predisposed to his addictive personality. Alcoholism is a disease and some may even say it's hereditary, some will say it's learned behavior. It's sad to see him this way. Ed does look better than he has recently, but who am I to judge. It's his life and no one can help him if he doesn't want to be helped. The first step for recovery is realizing and admitting you have aproblem. Then you need to accept the fact and get help. Often times addicts are in denial because they can't deal with all the hurt the caused. Once they accept this they can take the next step to recovery. It's still not too late. Ed just needs a better support group, but Ed bankrolls a lot of people by being on the road and as we all know money makes the world go round, regardless of the consequences.

rockvanhalen66
06-25-2004, 12:14 AM
hey rogue the horse fucker. if you put something on the market what ever it may be in your case lets say cock back scratchers. and you sell a shit load .and made shit loads of dollars would you .say the money belongs to the butt fuckers that baught them from you . and they own your house and shit. of course not. see when you open your shit hole you sound like you dont know what the fuck you are talking about . evh owes nothing to no one. and if any fans paid for his house and shit like that .guys like you dont count.///////////

RogueHorseman
06-25-2004, 12:46 AM
hey rogue the horse fucker. if you put something on the market what ever it may be in your case lets say cock back scratchers. and you sell a shit load .and made shit loads of dollars would you .say the money belongs to the butt fuckers that baught them from you . and they own your house and shit. of course not. see when you open your shit hole you sound like you dont know what the fuck you are talking about . evh owes nothing to no one. and if any fans paid for his house and shit like that .guys like you dont count.///////////

You rode the short bus, right?

You don't have to answer, we understand.

Poor thing...

RogueHorseman
06-25-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Antman
What's sober for Eddie Van Halen? One bottle of wine as opposed to two? A six pack of Heineken vs. a twelve pack? To slip is one thing and unfortunate. But what really boggles my mind is that Sam, Mike and Al don't seem to be doing anything to discourage him from drinking, smoking etc. They are all classic co-dependent enablers. And people wonder why Val left? It's not easy being married to someone with an addiction and it makes it even harder when you have a kid who is being raised in this environment. Wolfgang may have his father's talent, but let's hope is not predisposed to his addictive personality. Alcoholism is a disease and some may even say it's hereditary, some will say it's learned behavior. It's sad to see him this way. Ed does look better than he has recently, but who am I to judge. It's his life and no one can help him if he doesn't want to be helped. The first step for recovery is realizing and admitting you have aproblem. Then you need to accept the fact and get help. Often times addicts are in denial because they can't deal with all the hurt the caused. Once they accept this they can take the next step to recovery. It's still not too late. Ed just needs a better support group, but Ed bankrolls a lot of people by being on the road and as we all know money makes the world go round, regardless of the consequences.

That's a very insightful and well spoken post.

And, what a stark contrast to Drool Boy from RI...

rockvanhalen66
06-25-2004, 02:04 AM
ROGUE THE CAMEL JOCKEY. TALK ABOUT A INSIGHFUL POST. GO BACK AND READ MY POST AGAIN . BETTER YET GO GET ED SOME SMOKES AND SOME BEER. NEVER MIND THE PACKY DONT TAKE FOOD STAMPS.

RogueHorseman
06-25-2004, 08:46 AM
ROGUE THE CAMEL JOCKEY. TALK ABOUT A INSIGHFUL POST. GO BACK AND READ MY POST AGAIN . BETTER YET GO GET ED SOME SMOKES AND SOME BEER. NEVER MIND THE PACKY DONT TAKE FOOD STAMPS.

Please wipe your mouth before you speak... damn, Drool Boy. We're trying to have some sympathy for you, we really are, but damn it all.

RogueHorseman
06-25-2004, 08:49 AM
Guys, Drool Boy from RI rode the short bus, OK, just so everyone understands.

Poor thing...

Bad Muthafucker
06-25-2004, 09:10 AM
alex van cock licker is a hypocrit. period. i still remember the mtv special they did back in '96 with edward and alex sitting on the couch trash-talking both spermmy and dave. remember it? with alex running off at the mouth saying something like, "dave was calling me all the time asking when are we taking this on tour. dave, when are we taking WHAT on tour? we haven't recorded an album yet! we only did TWO songs! two songs isn't enough to tour on, we need to make a FULL album. otherwise, it would be just going out there and stealing the fans' money."

remember alex saying that stuff? i certainly do. so, TWO songs wasn't enough to tour on, but THREE is????? oh yeah, that one lousy little extra song makes all the difference, alex? what an money-hungry, hypocritical asshole. no wonder why his wife left him.

EmpyreLounge44
06-25-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by bad_muthafucker
alex van cock licker is a hypocrit. period. i still remember the mtv special they did back in '96 with edward and alex sitting on the couch trash-talking both spermmy and dave. remember it? with alex running off at the mouth saying something like, "dave was calling me all the time asking when are we taking this on tour. dave, when are we taking WHAT on tour? we haven't recorded an album yet! we only did TWO songs! two songs isn't enough to tour on, we need to make a FULL album. otherwise, it would be just going out there and stealing the fans' money."

remember alex saying that stuff? i certainly do. so, TWO songs wasn't enough to tour on, but THREE is????? oh yeah, that one lousy little extra song makes all the difference, alex? what an money-hungry, hypocritical asshole. no wonder why his wife left him.

you know that is a very good point, but it isnt really hypocritcal since they did do more than two songs....just funny. and another thing I just noticed...

Originally posted by Ernie123
The facts are that he never had the talent to match Roth in VH. Hence, he and his dead manager started to pick and shovel away at Classic VH.

Thats not a fact, thats your opinion. Some would say he has more musical talent than DLR...i know i know, SHEEP. clever

RogueHorseman
06-25-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by bad_muthafucker
...no wonder why his wife left him.

Quick correction: Plural as in wives

What has it been now, five or six latest count?

EmpyreLounge44
06-25-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by RogueHorseman
Quick correction: Plural as in wives

What has it been now, five or six latest count?

come on now...he has been on tour for two weeks...its got to be up to 10 or 11 by now

MNFan
06-25-2004, 09:58 AM
Does anyone really remember when DLR left Van-Halen back in the 80's. DLR LEFT! His ego was so overblown that he thought he could do a solo album and movies and that he no longer needed the rest of the band. He was out of his mind to think that he had that much power or popularity. Warner Brothers had the "best of both worlds", DLR solo making money and VH with a new frontman making money. Perfect strategy for the company.

Now with that said, DLR did put together some great music after he first left. But neither he or Sammy or Gary Cherone will ever be the lyricist that say someone like Bob Dylan is. Or Neal Pert. Or Sting. Van Halen has always been aobut sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Lyrics take a back seat to the music; all the music, drums, bass and of course guitar.

Eddie was found by Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley from KISS. They wanted to dump Ace and add Eddie but he didn't want any part of that. DLR was brought in and they were signed by Warner Brothers (grudginly as well because WB wanted VH to have Sammy be thier frontman when they first signed)

They pumped out albums faster than anyone else for three or four years. Toured nonstop and raised alot of hell. Eddie actually wrote "jump" for the Women and Children First album and the first major conflict between the ego's of Dave and Eddie appeared. Dave said "noone wants to hear you play the fucking keyboard"...imagine how history would have changed if Ed had said "fuck you noone wants to listen to you sing" Eddie is a musician not just a guitar player. Dave is a frontman (one of the best in history but still just a frontman).

I have all the songs (except Fair Warning-still don't own that one-couldn't tell ya why), including VH3 with GC and an import bootleg that was from '77 (yeah that is 1977-not many of you were alive then) that was done in a couple hotels in Cali...you wanna talk about RAW! Try to find it, it cost me $35 in a lil corner music shop.

Ego's are what blew the band apart. Ego's are what brought them back toghether for one best of album and now another. I have tickets to the show in MN already. I wouldn't miss any chance to see Ed play the guitar. He could get rid of everyone in the band and pick up three new people and I would still go see him. Personal opinions are just that-Opinions. And alot of times they are like assholes...everyone has one and it usually stinks.

Just a little history lesson and my stinky opinion...

RogueHorseman
06-25-2004, 10:07 AM
:eek:

Good gawd, boy. What HAVE you been smoking?

Your post is so completely riddled with totally inaccurate hogwash and gibberish that I don't even know where to begin to correct it.

Northern Girl
06-25-2004, 10:08 AM
Well, MNFan, if it's all about Ed; how are you going to feel if Ed is playing as shitty as everyone is saying?

RogueHorseman
06-25-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by MNFan
Does anyone really remember when DLR left Van-Halen back in the 80's. DLR LEFT! His ego was so overblown that he thought he could do a solo album and movies and that he no longer needed the rest of the band. He was out of his mind to think that he had that much power or popularity. Warner Brothers had the "best of both worlds", DLR solo making money and VH with a new frontman making money. Perfect strategy for the company.

Now with that said, DLR did put together some great music after he first left. But neither he or Sammy or Gary Cherone will ever be the lyricist that say someone like Bob Dylan is. Or Neal Pert. Or Sting. Van Halen has always been aobut sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Lyrics take a back seat to the music; all the music, drums, bass and of course guitar.

Eddie was found by Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley from KISS. They wanted to dump Ace and add Eddie but he didn't want any part of that. DLR was brought in and they were signed by Warner Brothers (grudginly as well because WB wanted VH to have Sammy be thier frontman when they first signed)

They pumped out albums faster than anyone else for three or four years. Toured nonstop and raised alot of hell. Eddie actually wrote "jump" for the Women and Children First album and the first major conflict between the ego's of Dave and Eddie appeared. Dave said "noone wants to hear you play the fucking keyboard"...imagine how history would have changed if Ed had said "fuck you noone wants to listen to you sing" Eddie is a musician not just a guitar player. Dave is a frontman (one of the best in history but still just a frontman).

I have all the songs (except Fair Warning-still don't own that one-couldn't tell ya why), including VH3 with GC and an import bootleg that was from '77 (yeah that is 1977-not many of you were alive then) that was done in a couple hotels in Cali...you wanna talk about RAW! Try to find it, it cost me $35 in a lil corner music shop.

Ego's are what blew the band apart. Ego's are what brought them back toghether for one best of album and now another. I have tickets to the show in MN already. I wouldn't miss any chance to see Ed play the guitar. He could get rid of everyone in the band and pick up three new people and I would still go see him. Personal opinions are just that-Opinions. And alot of times they are like assholes...everyone has one and it usually stinks.

Have at him fellas, Baby Doll needs me right now...

This one will be most interesting to check back in on later.

EmpyreLounge44
06-25-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
Well, MNFan, if it's all about Ed; how are you going to feel if Ed is playing as shitty as everyone is saying?

i was at the 1st philly show, the one that actually sold well, and thought Ed sounded great. he is definitly changing things up though and not playing note for note what is on the record, and all i have to say is thank god. i said it in another thread that ed has never been one to care about his playing and to me it seemed like he is doing that now but changing things up some and noodling some more. it was interesting

MNFan
06-25-2004, 10:31 AM
Rogue,

I would like to know where my info is incorrect? Gene Simmons? Bad Lyrics? Warner Brothers? Where Jump fits in the history of the band? How fast they made albums? I could go back and find all the articles and put up my bibliography if you want. FACTS

DLR gave us Stevie Vai and Billy Sheehan. I will forever be greatful for that. DLR is the quintesential frontman not a solo artist. He needs quality around him to excell. That is why after Via left he had maybe one good album. You know the one with hammerhaed shark and sensible shoes on it? OPINION

Eddie gave us a totally new style of playing guitar that is so commonplace now that noone remembers having to sneak their older brother's VH 1 album out when our parents weren't home because we were young and weren't supposed to listen to that type of music. Get real. VH is about the music, mainly the guitar-not who sings, Simmons knew it, Warner Brothers knew it, Sammy knew it that is why he is back, DLR knew it that is why he tried to get back. OPINION

Northern Girl:
Eddie playing shitty is still better than 90% of the guitar players out there today so I will feel just fine watching him play at the Xcel Center. Nice to see another person from the Great State of MN speaking thier mind. OPINION

Put the fact /opinion coments there so you can focus on what you can riddle and what is my stink...heh oh yeah it was good smoke too...

Northern Girl
06-25-2004, 10:58 AM
I'm not a musician, so I would never comment on his guitar playing; but I don't believe the guitar player makes the band. No matter how good he is. This original line-up was magic because of the whole package, not just because of Ed.

azcrdnal
06-25-2004, 11:07 AM
Yeah Ed is drinking again but suggesting he faked cancer to explain him disappearing from music for 6 years is pretty classless when everyone verifys it to be true.

thats why i made a point to say currently since who knows how long this reunion will last. The point you made about what Alex said is excellent and you can easily see it happening. There is only so much pretending you can do that things weren't said and didn't happen.

As far as the journalists go, they arent doing interviews other than a few here and there...all the interviews that come out are all from the same conference call with Sammy & Al. And even then, journalists will not keep pushing the "You said this...He said that" since they weren't answering them. It just doesnt make sense to beat the dead horse when they are just flat out refusing to answer the questions about what was said. the only reason ed disappeared from the music world was to screw val out of money in the divorce.he didn't have cancer he lied.

MNFan
06-25-2004, 11:09 AM
I agree NG the whole package makes the band. Seen DLR in VH, SH in VH, DLR solo at the MN State Fair (really would have liked to have heard some of his solo stuff not just the VH stuff and Yankee Rose) and SH solo at the free concert on Hennepin Ave. The best of them all was the 5150 tour where (laugh) Bachman Turner Overdrive opened for them with a close second being the ou812 tour with the Scorps, Dokken, Metallica and (laugh) Kingdom Come. And I guess that I am a VHalen fan, DLR fan (his second and third albums after he left), VHagar fan, and SH fan. They are different packages and I like them all.

Northern Girl
06-25-2004, 12:45 PM
I assume your talking 2001. I saw Dave at the State Fair too. Also saw him at the Rock and at Rockfest in Cadott that year too. I was actually ecstatic to hear the old Van Halen stuff, because I've never had the pleasure of seeing Van Halen live with Dave. Saw Dave solo a few times in the 80's also. Saw Hagar in the early 80's. Actually don't remember anything about it except he was wearing a red jumpsuit.

Ernie123
06-25-2004, 01:48 PM
Have an extremely tough time reading. Of course, most Sam Hagar fans will be a step below GED level education. However, I refuse to dumb anything down further.

Facts are facts. I have based all of my analysis on fact. For example, Ed's sobriety was bullshit. It's a fact. Sam Dickhead himself said that his sobriety was bullshit! I think those two are touring together right now...

Ed said he had cancer but apparently has refused to change his lifestyle? Still smokes and drinks. You don't think he might of at least considered it at the urging of his physician?? Also, let's not even get started on the hip replacement bs. He pissed and moaned about that but went out on the VH3 tour anyway?? Then had the surgery??? He told everyone at the now infamous 1996 MTV awards that he couldn't tour because of it. But then had a convenient excuse for it when the VH3 tour happened BEFORE his surgery. Some bs about his Doctor telling him to keep his weight down.... Ed's never weighed more than a 135 in his miserable life! Yet, still went out doing his guitar jumps?

Also, all of the sam sheepdicks can save their "move on" and "get over the past" arguments. My analysis is not about that. It's about laying out a pattern of behavior. A pattern of behavior that cannot be revised or explained away in the fashion that the Ed's, Sam's and Dickhead Al's of the world would like. That pattern you ask? Well, it's simply being unaccountable. It's also disingeneous to fans who bothered to read the bullshit. What a collasol waste of time. After all of the Gary's in for life crap, sobriety speeches and Val and I's marriage is as strong as ever from Ed, anything he says isn't worth the paper it's printed on. It's wasted oxygen. So, do you think it's even remotely possible that Ed could be as big of problem as Dave for a Classic VH reunion? Is it possible Dave could even be less responsible than Ed?

In the final analysis, Ed Van Halen has lied. You say it's his life and he can do what he wants??? It is his life..BUT and a BIG BUTT and I'm not just talking about Valerie Ono either, is now he is asking fans to go out and spend $75 a night because he wants to buy his catalog back. Seems like a pretty inequitable partnershp if you ask me. He can lie and spew his nonsensical bullshit about sobriety, cancer, not "reliving" the past and moving forward and who cares if it sells..??Well you know what the irony is??? It must sell now! Because HE NEEDS THE MONEY!!!!

For all you moronic sheep that can see this???!!!! You can lead a donkey to water, but you can't make them drink.

Mr Grimsdale
06-25-2004, 01:55 PM
make it stop

turn it down
ow, my head

Mr Grimsdale
06-25-2004, 01:57 PM
hello campers

Mr Grimsdale
06-25-2004, 01:58 PM
it's the george formby singalong!

EmpyreLounge44
06-25-2004, 02:10 PM
Without a doubt, Ed and DLR are equally responsible for the lack of them being able to get along. Both are egomaniacs that craved the spotlight and instead of thriving in it like they did, they both fight over it and cant make it work. Is that one's fault over another? No, Im sure when it gets down to it, both are assholes. they made some of the best rock music of the 80s together, but lets not get all moral and think one is better than the other...both are assholes.

what appeared to be the thing that stopped the 2000 sessions? DLR suing ED and Co over royalties...money. He wants his due piece of the pie. If DLR really wanted it to happen like Sam did, he would be back but he cant put his feelings and ego aside to work with Ed and vice versa.

Is Ed dumb for still smoking and drinking? yes, there is no doubt that it is the dumbest move you could make, but you know what...he doesnt have to live his life to please anyone. If he wants to slowly kill himself again, thats his deal, no matter how stupid it is. He doesn't owe anyone anything to live the perfect lifestyle that everyone here leads.

Step aside the sour grapes...if DLR was back on this tour, would Ed be an issue....NO. He would be the guitar god again, even if he sounded the same, as most of you think he sounds awful now.

Does he need money? Yeah...who doesnt. Do musicians lie in interviews and say shit just to get people to buy in? yes. hit me with any sheep or stupid homo comment you want, but the guy doesnt owe you or I anything. Flat out, doesnt owe a thing to us. If you don't want to be part of the tour and contribute to him buying back the catalog, fine...it really doesnt matter, since as you said it doesnt matter cause they got their piece up front. smart business for them

Bad Muthafucker
06-25-2004, 02:43 PM

ok, nobody else wants to really tackle this at full length, so here goes....

listen pal, you really need to get & thoroughly read through david's book. david didn't leave van halen to do MOVIES (PLURAL), he only wanted to do "crazy from the heat - the movie" and that was it. kinda like a side project. i'm actually quoting dave as closely as i can from memory here (yeah, i have read the book that many times!) because mtv was wide open at the time, anything that was good or colorful or interesting, you got some kind of rotation on the channel. so he thought, "well, we'll do this movie, and we'll have van halen do the music. wow, what a one-two punch!" this was not to be. but it was only supposed to be a side project...a once-and-done deal. dave said it himself to howard stern: only an idiot would leave van halen to pursue a movie career! and i have david on tape saying that to howard.

and dave didn't leave van halen because he thought he could do a solo album. he made the album "crazy from the heat" because van halen was suffering from a major interim caused by laziness, booze, and drugs. and dave was sick of sitting around waiting for the band to get off their asses and record. same with the videos for "just a gigolo" and "california girls". and after even more time passed, david just got sick of doing nothing. and also, when they did get together to write songs, eddie (or should i say edward) was becoming more and more sissified in his writing...wanting to do ballads and so forth. dave had enough. it had nothing to do with ego.

and paul & gene FOUND eddie? i thought the doctor did that when he pull ed from between his mudda's legs! seriously though, what do you mean by saying that they FOUND him? were you referring to how gene happened to be at the club (i forget which one) that van halen was playing at back in ....shit, i'm having a brain strain here...was it '77 or so? but anyway, when gene heard them playing and was astonished and confronted them about financing a demo...was THAT what you were referring to when you said that gene FOUND edward? yeah, i agree that his presence at the club that night and noticing ed had a great deal of influence on van halen's career, but ed was playing guitar, with david singing (i might add) long before gene happened to stumble upon them. and with ed's musical talent and dave's on-stage persona, somehow i think that van halen would have burst out and made it to the top even without the help of simmons and his demo.

i agree, it is fact, that gene secretly had his own agendas...aka trying to recruit edward into kiss. that is a fact.

but dave wasn't brought in AFTER gene noticed van halen, he was with them WAY before that! where did you get that idea from? and where the hell did you get the bit about warner brothers wanting sammy hagar as their singer instead of dave when they FIRST signed? you mean, like, back in 1978?

where do you get this stuff?

RogueHorseman
06-25-2004, 02:43 PM

True enough for Warner Brothers, and the reps who called on me at the time said as much. It almost seemed like it could have been a work at the time. The rest is mostly speculation on your part, however. Depending on who one wants to believe; Dave says he left because Ed would not get his drunk ass out of bed to make music until two or three in the afternoon. I have no doubt. Ed says Dave was some overblown ego, slave driving, control freak type A asshole and he fired him. No, wait, he later changed the story -- Dave quit. No, wait, he WAS fired. Whatever, Ed. No doubt Dave DOES have a big ego, but anyway they split. Dave did in fact go on to have great solo success. The movie deal? Who do you think was the creative genius behind all those videos MTV gave heavy rotation play to and remain legendary to this day? Had the rug not been pulled out from under Dave i feel confident in saying the flick would have been a success. He got paid his millions, nonetheless.

Dylan? Totally different sets of lifestyles, audiences, motivations, etc. so of course none of them can be compared to such a poet of his time. Still, I feel very safe in saying that Dave is a thousand miles closer to the claim of being a lyrical genius within his genre than one Samuel Roy Hagar is.

Eddie was found by Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley from KISS. They wanted to dump Ace and add Eddie but he didn't want any part of that.

True. Not that Simmons "discovered" the band or got them a record deal or anything, though. Yeah, he gave them some studio time to lay down a better demo and talk up Eddie... what we now call "Zero". I have no idea if Eddie turned Gene down out of loyalty, or whatever, but he may have as you've stated.

DLR was brought in and they were signed by Warner Brothers (grudginly as well because WB wanted VH to have Sammy be thier frontman when they first signed)

False. If anything, Van Halen was essentially Daves band in that he was the driving force mananging it. He is the one who burned holes in his shoe leather promoting them all over southern cali, relentlessly. He is the one who knocked on every record execs door in town shopping their demos and inviting them down to check out their act live. Dave was not in any way "brought in" and where you heard that WB wanted Sam to begin with, I'll never know. The story I have heard time and time again is that Ted Templeman heard the zero demo and went down to check them out live and that he and DAVE made a handshake deal backstage after the show.

At least you do give Dave some props., I'll give you that. He has said that early on he was cautious to not have any synth stuff on the records for marketing angle purposes. Somehow, I just can't hear Jump on WACF, but maybe it was formed back them. House of Pain was many, many years earlier.

If its what I'm thinking of, probably half the members here have that boot and yes it is raw and rockin'. I was very much alive then, BTW... alive and kickin' in the business and chasing babes like there was no tomorrow. LOL.

Ego's are what blew the band apart. Ego's are what brought them back toghether for one best of album and now another. I have tickets to the show in MN already.

Fair enough, and enjoy the show. Lots of us refuse to support it, however, and have every right not to.

live, love, be happy and piece with an i...

ALinChainz
06-25-2004, 02:55 PM
Warner wants Dave in there, always have, they know the real deal.

MNFan
06-25-2004, 03:01 PM
I will accept my time-line mistakes. My impression was that Gene found Eddie when they were Mammoth. I also think that Jump would not have been what it was on WACF. The music biz wasn't ready for that type of tune from them.

And just because there is a book by DLR doesn't mean that his version is the truth. He has poetic liscence in his songs and I am sure that there is some poetic liscence in his writing. That is like saying Clinton's book is the truth...

Rodeo, I like your version of piece better too...nice

EmpyreLounge44
06-25-2004, 03:27 PM
i remember hearing that WB initally wanted VH to have a different singer...I dont remember where and I will try to look it up, but I definitly remember hearing that somewhere.

What kind of deal did Ted Templeman have with DLR backstage? Was Templeman a WB employee? I know he was a producer but I didnt think producers were tied to labels.

Both DLR & Sammy have written some awful lyrics in their day....they both have hits between them though so everyone has down time here and there.

I want piece too

MNFan
06-25-2004, 04:06 PM
Gah Rogue not Rodeo...sorry

EmpyreLounge44
06-25-2004, 04:09 PM
i dont think Warner cares....VH will be officially dropped all together once they drop their label back like everyone says. VH has too high of an overhead and wont sell millions of records, no matter who the singer is

Terry
06-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Doesn't make a lick of difference to me if Ed's smoking, drinking, married or whatever.

Don't really care what Alex has to say. Never did. Outside of Keith Moon, nobody gives a shit about anything a drummer does when he's not behind the kit. And Ed, Al and Sam couldn't find a memorable quote to lob out in an interview with both hands, a roadmap and a flashlight.

Mike who?

Don't even care if Dave, Ed and Al get along as people, either.

Comes down to entertainment. Van Hagar offers nothing in that department. Roth has yet to fail in that capacity. Even seeing him in smaller venues, the guy never fails to give a maximum effort.

Classic Van Halen was a great fusion of musical proficiency (EVH) and showmanship (Roth). Van Hagar was just a case of Ed's musical talent going to waste.

Ed and the rest of Van Hagar talk about how they're all friends again, and how great they get along.........so fucking what? The music is soft and limp.

Apparently, there was always friction between Dave and Ed, and Van Halen's music was nothing short of phenominal.

Guess it just goes to show it's not always the best liked guy who gets the job done.