Let's Make This Crystal Clear

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ernie123

Let's Make This Crystal Clear

Okay Gang, let's make this crystal clear for LSD and VanHalen2004... who are probably the same person.

Shall we begin?

You cannot revise history and apologize away all of the crap that came out of these guy's respective mouthes over the past 10 years. Ed and Al's supposed sobriety bs. Sam stating he was screwed and was nothing but accomodating to Ed. Mike Anthony? If he could light himself on fire at a concert nude and it wouldn't be newsworthy. But, I digress...

The facts are these: Ed still drinks and SMOKES. Not too bright if you ask me, if the cancer story was even true. All of this on heels of him stating, the last time we heard from his flaky ass, that he had been sober since 1994 and based EVERY interview on it. Alex is as stupid as ever. I love hearing people with limited intellect trying to be wordsmiths. He really is a cunt. Sam Hagar is as vanilla and insecure as ever. The facts are that he never had the talent to match Roth in VH. Hence, he and his dead manager started to pick and shovel away at Classic VH. Trying to tear it down and show that Van Hagar was better. I have news for Sam, without Classic VH, there is no Van Hagar. That is fact and it will NEVER change. Sam is the replacement. Roth IS the singer. Simple fact gang, you can't dispute it. Sam didn't come before Dave. Just reference Porsche vs. Volkswagon, Mach II and so forth. All bs stated by Sam and his Manager prior to Dave uttering a word about why he left VH.

Lastly, notice I didn't mention Mike Anthony in the previous paragraph? Why, you might ask?? Please reference the second paragraph and you'll know why. Newsworthy is the keyword.... Oh, Valerie not mentioned at all until now??? Same reason..
  • EmpyreLounge44
    Foot Soldier
    • Jun 2004

Your kinda right...DLR WAS the singer then his ego and Ed's ego got far too big and they can not work together for whatever dumb reasons. Like it or not Hagar is currently the singer for Van Halen and yes, he is a replacement but is currently the singer...who knows after the tour.

Is it shit that Ed is drinking and smoking...yes, but its his life. Suggesting cancer was faked is pretty low, why would it be untrue? DLR even said it was true and he had Ed go to his DR.

Comment

• Ernie123

Low...

The cancer shot was low... But untrue? Eddie stated in the press for 5 years he was sober. It was a lie obviously.

The point I'm making is simply that there is always something that victim players like Ed are always pointing to excuse their behavior. Ed was NOT sober, but had gone way too far down the path of preaching to turn around and not have it be a PR nightmare. Now, he is just not giving interviews because he knows sooner or later he is going to get nailed.

I also lay a lot of this on the journalists that fail to challenge these guys with follow up questions. They simply won't answer, but the sheep writers aren't asking them either. I would ask them about all that was said. I would pull out the Guitar Magazine issues and so forth and ask Sam Dickhead, "You mean you didn't discuss all of this???? You just pretended it didn't happen????" Sooner than later it will come to a head. You can't create that type of resentment and not have residual effects.

Gee, remember their analogy about going back to the "old" wife or girlfriend and then realizing why you left them before??? Alex ought to remember those words. They are about to haunt him VERY soon.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Sammy Gaygar did not join Van Halen!
        Sammy Gaygar got 3 new Waboritas, 1 is a drunk, 1 is
        an idiot with a big mouth, small brain, and broken neck,
        and 1 has a serious addiction to Twinkies and Doritos.

Comment

• EmpyreLounge44
          Foot Soldier
          • Jun 2004

Re: Low...

Yeah Ed is drinking again but suggesting he faked cancer to explain him disappearing from music for 6 years is pretty classless when everyone verifys it to be true.

thats why i made a point to say currently since who knows how long this reunion will last. The point you made about what Alex said is excellent and you can easily see it happening. There is only so much pretending you can do that things weren't said and didn't happen.

As far as the journalists go, they arent doing interviews other than a few here and there...all the interviews that come out are all from the same conference call with Sammy & Al. And even then, journalists will not keep pushing the "You said this...He said that" since they weren't answering them. It just doesnt make sense to beat the dead horse when they are just flat out refusing to answer the questions about what was said.

Comment

• RogueHorseman
            Commando
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
            Your kinda right...DLR WAS the singer then his ego and Ed's ego got far too big and they can not work together for whatever dumb reasons. Like it or not Hagar is currently the singer for Van Halen and yes, he is a replacement but is currently the singer...who knows after the tour.

Is it shit that Ed is drinking and smoking...yes, but its his life. Suggesting cancer was faked is pretty low, why would it be untrue? DLR even said it was true and he had Ed go to his DR.
            I've seen you make some very good points in other threads Empyre, but not so much in this case.

You are not exactly right yourself presenting the initial split as some same-level of intensity mutual ego clash... Mostly, besides the real ego clash, Ed simply would not get off his ass. Kinda like he hasn't for the last six years. Ed would not crawl out of the bottle until 3-4 in the afternoon most days and would crawl right back in by 6 or so.

Also, according to many the tongue cancer bit was WAY overplayed for sympathy and as cover for the real problems/issues, too.

But yes, Sam IS the hired hand front man for this current tour.

No way that is going to last long, no matter whatever else happens.
            <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• EmpyreLounge44
              Foot Soldier
              • Jun 2004

Cancer is cancer...the Big C. You can't overplay it in my eyes. Was he in direct grave danger through the tongue cancer he had...probably not, but they never said he was either. just that he was being treated in texas i think it was.

and no, thats how i saw the initial breakup. both DLR and Ed have their versions so no one really knows since we wernt there. It all goes to who you believe and for me it is neither. Both are so full of shit how the stories go. Do you think if there was a full fledged reunion with DLR that they wouldnt be playing the same..."The past is the past" game? I think its just easier for them to run from all their personality flaws then to deal with it and move on.

Comment

• EddieFan4Eva
                Banned
                • May 2004

Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
                Cancer is cancer...the Big C. You can't overplay it in my eyes. Was he in direct grave danger through the tongue cancer he had...probably not, but they never said he was either. just that he was being treated in texas i think it was.

and no, thats how i saw the initial breakup. both DLR and Ed have their versions so no one really knows since we wernt there. It all goes to who you believe and for me it is neither. Both are so full of shit how the stories go. Do you think if there was a full fledged reunion with DLR that they wouldnt be playing the same..."The past is the past" game? I think its just easier for them to run from all their personality flaws then to deal with it and move on.
                Why try to debate with these morons Empyre? If you dont suck Dave's pole and throw the same repeated insults to Sammy every day, you just wont get anywhere. Like i've stated many time...if everything was the way it is now, but with DLR instead of Sammy....there would be no end to the dicksucking. The same 3 tunes that they hate now would be "bombproof" with Dave on vocals....so they'd say. Not that i want to change people's minds here....far from it...but just realize what you're dealing with when you debate here....blind/deaf/dumb are 3 words that say it best.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Then what are you here for? To bash Dave, like the rest.

Dave wouldn't have written the shitty lyrics Sam did.

THAT'S why they would be "bomb proof".

And talking about members here wanting to suck Dave's pole isn't exactly debate either.

You're an Eddie fan, would you suck his pole?

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by EddieFan4Eva
                    blind/deaf/dumb are 3 words that say it best.
                    So your real name is Tommy?
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• EddieFan4Eva
                      Banned
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                      So your real name is Tommy?
                      LOL...nope. Wasnt generalizing....but, eh....the majority fits the mold.

Comment

• rockvanhalen66
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jun 2004

what kind of shit is that saying ed faked cancer .you got to be some kind of male ass eater to even say shit like that. and if he wants to drink or smoke. thats up to him. you dont pay for his drinks or smokes. so why dont you go poke your ass again with your face.
                        long live van halen

Comment

• Sarge
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Originally posted by rockvanhalen66
                          what kind of shit is that saying ed faked cancer .

Then I guess you haven't heard hitch's argument on this..
                          ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                          The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                          [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                            Commando
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by rockvanhalen66
                            you dont pay for his drinks or smokes.
                            That is about the biggest dumbass statement I've seen in weeks, even from an Ed or Sammy sheep trolling here.

No moron, see, the FANS do in fact buy his drinks and smokes, bought his house, the 5150 studio... they pay Val and Wolfies mortgage on that damn mansion, paid for the divorce, too, bought all his cars, guitars, amps... every f'n thing.

Now, when he spends all afternoon drinking during sound check and proceeds to come on stage lit, only to sneak and guzzle even more DURING the show the fans have every right to complain. Instead of seeing this guitar god show off his stuff they get him 1/2 drunk or worse to the point he can't even remember his own damn chord progressions.

Not exactly money well spent.

As a fan, or a promoter, I would not give two shits if he gets plastered AFTER the show every frickin' night... just so long as when he is on stage he is giving 100%, being professional... and at minimum remembers how to play his own damn songs.

Jeez. You guys are the biggest blind bunch of apologists walking earth.
                            Last edited by RogueHorseman; 06-24-2004, 08:20 PM.
                            <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Viking
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

I'll drink to all of it.....

Comment

Working...