PDA

View Full Version : Will there be another Van Halen tour?

Wayne L.
06-24-2004, 10:52 AM
I know some of my fellow VH fans live in the past constantly like comparing this Van Halen tour to VH tours of the past especially when Dave was in the band instead of just keeping their memories(like I do) which is kind of sad. I think this Van Halen/Sammy Hagar reunion tour could be VH's final tour which is more reality than fantasy because Eddie isn't getting any younger along with the fact that I don't expect to see another album of original material in the near future speaking as an old VH/DLR era fan. I know I would like to see Eddie & Dave onstage one more time or in the near future even though I don't think it's going to happen again after their 96 reunion debacle which left old fans like myself one great reunion track from BOV1 Me Wise Magic proving you can't go home again. I hope this Van Halen reunion tour is one of the biggest rock tours of the year(I'm not planning on going) while Up For Breakfast is one of my favorite tracks from the upcoming Best Of Both Worlds compilation but I have my memories of seeing VH live back in 84 which I will never forget & they have already made rock history a long time ago.

guwapo_rocker
06-24-2004, 10:55 AM

EmpyreLounge44
06-24-2004, 11:00 AM
IMHO they will try and do a new disc and it will be like the time between the last tour with Gary and his departure...things will be great, and then boom....Sam is gone for whatever reason and VH is dead as a band.

ThrillsNSpills
06-24-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Wayne L.
while Up For Breakfast :monekyr:is one of my favorite tracks from the upcoming Best Of Both Worlds compilation

RogueHorseman
06-24-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
IMHO they will try and do a new disc and it will be like the time between the last tour with Gary and his departure...things will be great, and then boom....Sam is gone for whatever reason and VH is dead as a band.

I could see it playing out this way, but tend to think they'll never even make it to the studio to attempt a start.

They have to finish this tour together to begin with, and that is FAR from a done deal.

DR CHIP
06-24-2004, 02:09 PM
VH last tour was in 1984...

Mr Grimsdale
06-24-2004, 02:21 PM
Chilled Pish - Welcome To The Astral Lounge

Carmine
06-24-2004, 02:26 PM
I hope there is one more tour, WITH DAVE. I would like to believe that the original 4 will want to end their careers with a bang. Granted they missed a great opportunity in 96, we all know they got together after that(2000), I am still with the theory that this tour is the final voyage of van hagar, only being done as a goodbye gift, if you will. there are many rumors of a Dave return in 2005 or after this tour. I hope one of them is true.

vhsinger22
06-24-2004, 02:28 PM
this will be the last tour, unless they want to make some big money with soldout arena's and make up with dave. i dont see them doing the cabo wabo gig very long. but its more than likely over and done.:(

BackInAction
06-24-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by DR CHIP
VH last tour was in 1984...

You left off "with DLR"

Childish people tend to make kindergarden statements like "there is not VH after DLR" and other bullshit, but I'm sure it's just an oversite on your part.

:baaa:

glad I could help.

Carmine
06-24-2004, 02:39 PM
oh the $$$$$ will be there with Dave thats for sure. thats what its all about right now, this tour, new err old I mean resold uhh repackaged cd that comes out next month. They just forgot the one ingrediant that will draw the money.....DAVE.

EmpyreLounge44
06-24-2004, 03:58 PM
see i dont think the money will be there for a last shot/goodbye tour with DLR. Everyone here thinks fans are being burned on this tour, so why would they get burned again. If this tour is going as poorly as everyone says it will, they will not get the backing for another one with DLR.

scottydabodi
06-27-2004, 12:27 PM
Another VH tour? We've been speculating on this subject for fucking YEARS, man. ONLY IF DAVE COMES BACK WILL THERE BE ANOTHER VH TOUR, PERIOD. And maybe if Dave brings that Hotshot Guitarist from his band(Brian Young) then they'll sound great too!! Eddie's done. F-Ray Danniels.

Terry
06-27-2004, 09:53 PM
The only way the sisters and the bass player will end Van Halen's career with a bang is by reuniting with Dave for a full length album and classic lineup tour. If this sham turned out to be the last tour, that'd be a pathetic way to bring this band to a close.

Why fucking not live in the past as far as Van Halen is concerned? Not like they've made music worth remembering since the definitive classic lineup split. If Van Hagar was doing anything worthwhile, I'd be digging it. Am not gonna sit back and lap up whatever Eddie does unless it's worth it, as opposed to accepting it to be contemporary.

Shit, Van Hagar fans are living in the past on this tour, so why shouldn't classic fans do the same?

rustoffa
06-27-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Terry
The only way the sisters and the bass player will end Van Halen's career with a bang is by reuniting with Dave for a full length album and classic lineup tour. If this sham turned out to be the last tour, that'd be a pathetic way to bring this band to a close.

Why fucking not live in the past as far as Van Halen is concerned? Not like they've made music worth remembering since the definitive classic lineup split. If Van Hagar was doing anything worthwhile, I'd be digging it. Am not gonna sit back and lap up whatever Eddie does unless it's worth it, as opposed to accepting it to be contemporary.

Shit, Van Hagar fans are living in the past on this tour, so why shouldn't classic fans do the same?

I cunt remember anything after 1984......you nailed it.
:rockit:

classicdude
06-27-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Terry

Well said, man. Couldn't agree more. Big question is whether the sisters and/or managment team could ever suck it up to get a TRUE reunion to work.

Maybe someone needs to spell out to Ed that VH with Spam = screw-top mogen david $1.99/bottle wine and VH with DLR is a Chateau Lafite.

RogueHorseman
06-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by classicdude
...Maybe someone needs to spell out to Ed that VH with Spam = screw-top mogen david $1.99/bottle wine and VH with DLR is a Chateau Lafite.

And here we were thinking that Ed knew all about wine! LOL... Great analogy.

VH LINKS SUCKS
06-28-2004, 02:28 AM
I can see Van Halen giving the fans one last tour. I don't think Mike Anthony will be around for it though as he's stated he'll never perform live with Dave ever again. Although, money talks and he'd probably go through the motions for Ed and Al's sake.

If Van Halen does a real reunion tour for the fans and Mike is not part of it, you can gurantee the sheep of Van Hagar will say it isn't a real reunion because Mike isn't part of it.

I can actually see Mike backing out with respect to Sammy.

We can only hope we get one last tour with Dave for closure!