PDA

View Full Version : Victory is ours

CreatureFrmTheC
02-01-2013, 03:41 AM
Spammy was being interviewed live today on KRXQ here in Sacramento talking about doing a new album with a mix of music over 4 decades. A little this, some of that, some VAN HAGAR, and some Wabos. He could have said "my Van Halen" but didn't!

That made my day! Proof from the Dead Rocker's own mouth that the Cafe Wha? gig completely erased spammy era =VH=
KRXQ.net

I never start threads here and rarely post on one so if this needs to be moved or anything IDC. I just wanted to share this with all you lucky people who live more than 15 miles away from a town that celebrates a Sammy Hagar day.

Hardrock69
02-01-2013, 03:59 AM
Well, it sucks you had to filthy yourself by mentioning the Fat One's name, but hey, thanks for the info.

As long as he keeps on with his little traveling flea-circus and stays away from Ed, I am fine with that.

GreenBayLA
02-01-2013, 04:24 AM
Spammy was being interviewed live today on KRXQ here in Sacramento talking about doing a new album with a mix of music over 4 decades.

Breathlessly: Yeah but did he mention if MICHAEL ANTHONY will be involved?!?!?!?!? ;)

WARF
02-01-2013, 04:35 AM
I want Michael Anthony to join Van Halen in Australia!

No disrespect to Wolfgang. He made his money with Van Halen. Let him form his own band now.

Bring Back Michael Anthony!

LoungeMachine
02-01-2013, 04:37 AM

No disrespect to Wolfgang. He made his money with Van Halen. Let him form his own band now.

I've been saying this for years......

Once you've seen CVH live in their heyday, 3/4 won't do.

:gulp:

GreenBayLA
02-01-2013, 04:52 AM
Count me in, I'd like to see the CLASSIC lineup together again.

WARF
02-01-2013, 04:59 AM

The only thing that we haven't seen yet is a full reunion with the original lineup!

Michael Anthony needs to be on stage with the rest of the band. Dave needs his harmonies to give him more power for his vocals.

I thought it was a SIN to tour with other bands if you were in Van Halen!

Wolfgang got to tour with Tremonti during the hiatus.

Just bring back the Michael Anthony.... the right side of the stage is empty without him.... something just doesn't feel right!

And I say this with the utmost respect for Wolfgang who has done a remarkable job filling the shoes of him.

ZahZoo
02-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Wow... hard to believe what I'm reading here. Thought the minority view of seeing the original CVH had almost achieved extinction!!

I really enjoyed the element Wolfgang brought to Van Halen in 2012 musically with his pops and creepy uncle. It was a bonafide refresher, smack dab in yo face to even the old classics.

But it would be great to see Mad Anthony on stage with the other 3 knuckleheads... one more time.

ashstralia
02-01-2013, 09:12 AM
3 vh's and a roth will suit me just fine...

if chookfoot were an instrumental trio i'd go see 'em.

TJMKID
02-01-2013, 12:39 PM

I'd be jealous as all fuck if the Aussies are the first ones to see a REAL VH reunion with Mikey, but I'd be happy as a fat sow in shit just seeing the photos and videos of it and I might even sell a kidney to buy plane fare to Oz to see it with my own naked, steaming eyeballs !!

Make this fuckin' happen before we all die, EVH, you selfish prick!

:bigwink:

DONNIEP
02-01-2013, 01:40 PM
It's time to bring back Mikey. I've paid twice now to see Wolfie up there. That's good enough I think, right? I'm ready to see Mikey up there with them and filling out the vocals the way God Almighty Himself intended!!

Headly1984
02-01-2013, 01:54 PM
IF the concert ticket sales or lack of were the mitigating factor in the Tour being cut short, maybe the people have spoken and only the true CVH will fill venues ??

I have warmed up to the current line up - Wolf does seem to be competent - but an intact band does seem to gain more respect or legitimacy than bands with substitute members

- ABB & Stones seem to be exceptions to that rule tho'

Nickdfresh
02-01-2013, 01:54 PM

I would love to see Anthony back on bass and Wolfie on back-up guitar for dad...

ZahZoo
02-01-2013, 02:19 PM
IF the concert ticket sales or lack of were the mitigating factor in the Tour being cut short, maybe the people have spoken and only the true CVH will fill venues ??

I have warmed up to the current line up - Wolf does seem to be competent - but an intact band does seem to gain more respect or legitimacy than bands with substitute members

Ticket sales weren't an issue last year.

Headset mics, blower rants and blown ass gaskets were...

DONNIEP
02-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Well, if this goes down at least Dave will have somebody to drink with... :gulp:

Headly1984
02-01-2013, 02:32 PM
then why was Rochester NY cancelled ?

they barely sold any tics by the time the announcement was made - I think sales WERE part of the equation ..

Nitro Express
02-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Sammy can come back. He can hand the band their towels as they come off the stage and make sure the brown M&M's are out of the catering bowl.

WARF
02-01-2013, 02:38 PM
I think the CVH reunion should start in Australia!

It would be compensation for the insult they did in 1998 with Gary Cherone for their first Van Halen show.

DFVH5150
02-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Spammy was being interviewed live today on KRXQ here in Sacramento talking about doing a new album with a mix of music over 4 decades. A little this, some of that, some VAN HAGAR, and some Wabos. He could have said "my Van Halen" but didn't!

That made my day! Proof from the Dead Rocker's own mouth that the Cafe Wha? gig completely erased spammy era =VH=
KRXQ.net

I never start threads here and rarely post on one so if this needs to be moved or anything IDC. I just wanted to share this with all you lucky people who live more than 15 miles away from a town that celebrates a Sammy Hagar day.

Did you mean to say "new tour" (not "new album?")?

Fairwrning
02-01-2013, 03:14 PM
I am more than happy with what we have as far as Van Halen...I would trade MA for Roth every time..which is what the brothers did..thanks to WOLF...and ONLY because of Wolf..MA can join in for a song or two but I dont need a full scale reunion...ADKOT was fantastic.

Nickdfresh
02-01-2013, 04:17 PM
then why was Rochester NY cancelled ?

they barely sold any tics by the time the announcement was made - I think sales WERE part of the equation ..

I was planning on going myself, by myself. The threads around here in the Tour Forum, but they cited "exhaustion" and the fact that they bit off more than they could chew with their ages and all. I think Dave having some sort of virus had a lot to do with it but probably Ed's stomach condition was worsening was the biggest thing...

Nickdfresh
02-01-2013, 04:18 PM
I am more than happy with what we have as far as Van Halen...I would trade MA for Roth every time......

Shouldn't have too...

CreatureFrmTheC
02-03-2013, 01:37 AM
Nope. New album. Interview on Krxq.net if you want to violate your ears. New songs will be written in 4different styles of fucking someone over

Halen High
02-03-2013, 08:09 PM
It's time to bring back Mikey. I've paid twice now to see Wolfie up there. That's good enough I think, right? I'm ready to see Mikey up there with them and filling out the vocals the way God Almighty Himself intended!!

But the problem is...the Michael Anthony of the Classic Van Halen era is now a character called 'Mikey', or as Panamark once called him 'Mikey Wikey' - his Sammy name. According to numerous comments over the last 10 years or so, Mikey Wikey would rather be on stage with Sammy, asking him, "How do I know when it's love", rather than belting out "Runnin with the devil."

Unless Michael Anthony reappears...maybe we should stick with Wolfie now.

Halen High
02-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Nope. New album. Interview on Krxq.net if you want to violate your ears. New songs will be written in 4different styles of fucking someone over

And a new cook book...according to Las Vegas Magazine. I'm betting every recipe will include a large dosage of cheese.

Halen High
02-03-2013, 08:17 PM

Ticket sales were strong - over 520,000 for 46 shows. Although there were only nine sell-outs (that's still way more than Van Hagar managed in 2004 with a lot more dates), there were many shows other than those where the journalists reviewing them commented, "the almost full venue", or "the place was packed other than in the nose-bleeds."

Terry
02-04-2013, 09:31 PM

Yeah...I mean, I thought the kid was a bit of a joke in 2007, but I will say that the kid gave his father a kick in the ass and a reason to continue...a motivating force that Michael Anthony would not have been had he stuck around.

Truth be told, I doubt Dave would have rejoined the band and ADKOT probably wouldn't have happened had it not been for Wolfgang. I have no problem giving credit where credit is due.

Having said that, Roth and the Van Halens should bring Anthony back into the fold. Make it the final tour, bring it all back full-circle. Put the childish bullshit spats to one side and rev it up one more time.

THAT would be a stellar way to wind down a career in a manner that CVH deserves, rather than the skin-of-their teeth nature the last couple of tours have come across as at times.

Nigel
02-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Yeah...I mean, I thought the kid was a bit of a joke in 2007, but I will say that the kid gave his father a kick in the ass and a reason to continue...a motivating force that Michael Anthony would not have been had he stuck around.

Truth be told, I doubt Dave would have rejoined the band and ADKOT probably wouldn't have happened had it not been for Wolfgang. I have no problem giving credit where credit is due.

Having said that, Roth and the Van Halens should bring Anthony back into the fold. Make it the final tour, bring it all back full-circle. Put the childish bullshit spats to one side and rev it up one more time.

THAT would be a stellar way to wind down a career in a manner that CVH deserves, rather than the skin-of-their teeth nature the last couple of tours have come across as at times.

Not only do you make a lot of sense in your posts; I want to experience Helen Mirren's crudder as well!! Sexiest broad over 60.

mikebuczek
03-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Cafe wha? was awesome, although it was produced with iphone/ipad video, it was fuckin great

ELVIS
03-01-2013, 11:23 AM
4different styles of fucking someone over

Rumor has it that's the name of the next album...

:elvis:

Matt White
03-01-2013, 11:34 AM
I've seen DAVE with his solo band numerous times....and had a GRATE time always

Seeing DAVID LEE ROTH fronting a band full of VAN HALENS?!?!

FUCKING PRICELESS!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE!!!