PDA

View Full Version : Eddie signs with Jackson/Charvel

Roth kills Sam
06-24-2004, 12:00 PM
This is the word on the street. The guitars will have the old school Charvel headstock logo with a Strat style headstock. The guitars will be super high end and a limited number will have the red white black stripes. That's what the kids are saying. Rudy's Music in NYC (home of Pensa Guitars) is the source. I know there was an earlier thread about Peavey dropping Eddie...

guwapo_rocker
06-24-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Roth kills Sam
This is the word on the street. The guitars will have the old school Charvel headstock logo with a Strat style headstock. The guitars will be super high end and a limited number will have the red white black stripes. That's what the kids are saying. Rudy's Music in NYC (home of Pensa Guitars) is the source. I know there was an earlier thread about Peavey dropping Eddie...

Yep the Peavey story is in GS's sticky somewhere.

DR CHIP
06-24-2004, 12:35 PM
They are coming with special software that enables one to butcher Unchained just like Ed....

L.S.D.
06-24-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by DR CHIP
They are coming with special software that enables one to butcher Unchained just like Ed....

Lets hear you play it or write it.

L.S.D.
06-24-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by L.S.D.

or better yet, lets hear dave play it.

DR CHIP
06-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Couldn't write it...it has already been written...

Are you saying I can't play it?

I can drop D, like Sammy and Ed can drop a load of shit on a half filled auditoreum...

Don Corleone
06-24-2004, 01:14 PM

It's not really the hardest song in the world to play.

ZahZoo
06-24-2004, 01:26 PM
I'd say the rumor of Ed going over to Fender is more feasible. I just don't see Jackson/Charvel as being a big enough player to afford an Ed endorsement. Although I think the odds of Peavey sticking with him are the most probable.

Don Corleone
06-24-2004, 01:30 PM
Jackson/Charvel are owned by Fender

Roth kills Sam
06-24-2004, 01:31 PM
Fender owns Jackson & Jackson owned Charvel, so it is really just 6 of one or a half dozen of another.

If it ends up the rumor is true that EVH signed with Jackson, he actually did sign with Fender.

EddieFan4Eva
06-24-2004, 01:33 PM

(sigh) Another goofy comment.....Ed ripped that song like a mofo the last 4 shows i've seen.

DR CHIP
06-24-2004, 01:49 PM
4eva,

love your dedication to Ed...really do....

but I have heard several boots of shows and Ed just plain sucks man...

when someone is so dedictaed to something, sometimes it is hard to see the truth...Ed is not even half of his old self...period...

you can say all day long how great he is right now, but I have heard it for myself and it sucks...

and for my post it was funny as hell...IMHO...:)

DR CHIP
06-24-2004, 01:49 PM
Dave may have forgot the words, Ed just plain forgot how to play....

Mr Grimsdale
06-24-2004, 02:31 PM
Chilled Pish - Welcome To The Astral Lounge

BigDaddyD
06-24-2004, 02:44 PM
There is no mention of this anywhere on the Jackson/Charvel website.

Roth kills Sam
06-24-2004, 02:45 PM
That's why it is a rumour

BigDaddyD
06-24-2004, 02:56 PM
That is my point. It was stated as a fact in the thread title. It has been a rumor for a long time now. If it were true, it would/should have been officially announced prior to the tour.

Roth kills Sam
06-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Read the entire thread and have a coke and a smile

Mezro
06-24-2004, 03:07 PM
This is the word on the street.

Word on the street is that he signed with George Dickel.

Mezro...he only marks the neck to know if Alex had any

Roth kills Sam
06-24-2004, 03:08 PM
We already knew that, though!!

Mr Grimsdale
06-24-2004, 03:13 PM
hi de hi!

Mr Grimsdale
06-24-2004, 03:14 PM
ho de ho!

DLR_EngineRoom
06-24-2004, 03:14 PM

STOP IT! I"M AT WORK AND I SHOULDN'T BE PISSING MY PANTS LAUGHING!!!!!

THAT WAS HILARIOUS!

RogueHorseman
06-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Word on the street is that he signed with George Dickel.

Mezro...he only marks the neck to know if Alex had any

Thats funny...

The much longer aged and higher proof Dickel #12 (ivory label) is excellent, though. Its either that, or W.L. Weller Special Reserve (which is much different in its own right, the mash bill that Maker's Mark essentially ripped off) I'd give the nod to as best whisky for the money. The Geo. Dickel #12 is far, far superior to that other very well known big-money backed "Tennessee Whisky" (charcoal filtered) they always had on stage.

So, I know a little bit about the stuff....lol.

Mr Grimsdale
06-24-2004, 03:29 PM
please be seated
please

Mezro
06-24-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by RogueHorseman
Thats funny...

The much longer aged and higher proof Dickel #12 (ivory label) is excellent, though. So, I know a little bit about the stuff....lol.

The last drink I ever had before quitting was Dickel #12. It was my first time trying it and it knocked me on my ass, punched a hole in my colon, raped my intestines and still managed to make me smile. Powerful stuff and boy was I hung over.

Mezro...and the next day I woke up and started calling myself Mezro

Mezro
06-24-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
please be seated
please

Grinder..can I get a grinder?

Mezro...shhhhh...the swan is in the lake

gslinger
06-24-2004, 05:44 PM

Re: LSD's comment, Lets hear you play it or write it. (Unchained)

Posted by Don Corleone:
It's not really the hardest song in the world to play.

GSlinger says>> You are right Don, Great classic but very easy to play...one of the easiest VH songs. This is why Eddie plays it. If he sticks to the easier material on this Tour he sometimes sounds awesome. Just depends on the night and how much booze/drugs he slugs down during the show.

gslinger
06-24-2004, 05:50 PM
Fender owns Jackson & Jackson owned Charvel, so it is really just 6 of one or a half dozen of another.

If it ends up the rumor is true that EVH signed with Jackson, he actually did sign with Fender.

This Fender press release should help clarify this matter:

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=112319#post112319

Va Beach VH Fan
06-25-2004, 09:52 AM
4eva,

when someone is so dedictaed to something, sometimes it is hard to see the truth...Ed is not even half of his old self...period...

you can say all day long how great he is right now, but I have heard it for myself and it sucks...

My problem with the live version of Unchained, on tours AFTER the FW tour, irregardless of who sings it, it that they play it WAY too fast....

If you listen to it on the Oakland '81 boot (my favorite version of my favorite VH song), it's slow and fuckin' raw....

If you listen on the US Festival and the 1984 tour, the tempo is just spun up way too much...

I don't know whether you can chalk that up to adrenaline, since it's the 2nd and opening song on that concert/tour, respectively, but that's just my .02....

azcrdnal
06-25-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by EddieFan4Eva
(sigh) Another goofy comment.....Ed ripped that song like a mofo the last 4 shows i've seen. really i heard sam ripped that 6x shirt he wear's.

guwapo_rocker
06-25-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by EddieFan4Eva
(sigh) Another goofy comment.....Ed ripped that song like a mofo the last 4 shows i've seen.

I heard Ed was just plain ripped!!

tjvhou812
06-25-2004, 10:25 PM
4eva,

gaypo the cock smoker... you are one of the dumbest mofo on here

scottydabodi
06-27-2004, 02:42 AM
Yeah, Jackson/Charvel now has Eddie on Board, but the REAL question is: WHAT AMPS WILL EDDIE ENDORSE? I hope he goes with BLOCKHEAD AMPS, those things are fucking GREAT!! Oh, by the way, Ed, break out your old MXR Phase 90, it rocks ass, and quit fucking around!! Seriously, though, Eddie should endorse Pensa Guitars, Jackson/Charvel couldn't make guitars like that if they tried, and I seen 'em TRY!! Lame... I wonder what Wayne Charvel has to say about this deal...