PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Watts Covers Panama

ThatArtGuy
02-14-2013, 04:45 PM
http://www.avclub.com/articles/reggie-watts-covers-van-halen,70723/

"If Reggie Watts can be counted on for anything, it’s taking a different approach. The comedian/musician or musician/comedian—let’s just say “ performer”—doesn’t do traditional stand-up comedy, so we knew that, when he came in to perform Van Halen’s “Panama,” we wouldn’t get an especially faithful version of it. The question was just how far afield he’d travel in our little round room. He didn’t disappoint: In Watts’ hands, “Panama” is actually an ode to the Central American country, helpfully dispelling some myths and explaining how its namesake canal works. He tells us his version comes from early demos of the song Van Halen recorded, and who can argue? The chorus is basically the same."

Reggie Watts covers Van Halen

ThatArtGuy
02-14-2013, 04:45 PM
Wtf?!?

Kristy
02-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Fucking F A T hippie. That man is in a serious need of a hair cut and a wright loss program Lame New York style pseudo-intellectual cultural bullshit is what that crap is.

But hey, it's way better than ADKOT

Nitro Express
02-14-2013, 05:12 PM
I really feel like buying you a sharp knife so you can skin him alive. :biggrin:

lesfunk
02-14-2013, 05:33 PM
a perfect example of what happens when an artist gets so much smoke blown up his ass that he starts believing the bullshit himself. This is why crap like gets "created"

VAiN
02-14-2013, 08:23 PM
He tells us his version comes from early demos of the song Van Halen recorded

Bullshit. There are no 'early demos' of Panama.. if I'm wrong, please point me to them.

FORD
02-14-2013, 08:30 PM
Well, it's still better than Hagar's version :biggrin:

BumBahDeeDah
02-26-2013, 01:05 PM
He IS a comedian, you realize that right? Not that it was really that interesting, entertaining or funny.

They can't all be gems.