PDA

View Full Version : Sheep? Dont think so.

EddieFan4Eva
06-24-2004, 06:15 PM
Over and over again.....y'all call anyone who likes Sammy a "sheep". Well, it's not only silly, but it's just missing the point of being a fan of VH. Obviously, this is a Roth site...and that's fine. The Links cater mainly to the Post-Roth era VH, but still have fans there who love
em both....and that's fine, too. Like what ya want.....are you a "rothtard" because you like Roth more? No. Are you a "sheep" for liking Sammy more? No. See....a "sheep", to me, is someone who blindly follows someone, with nothing but tunnel-vision as they're source of sight. A "Rothtard", to me, has always been those who arent just stuck in 1984, but moreso those who are just rude towards other's opinions...should they dare to differ. I love the Dave years...the first 6 albums are classic. Dave's solo efforts are great...not all in the same league with the first 2, but he has something to offer. Sammy's had a very enduring career. Montrose through his solo outtings. Honestly, i havent liked too much of his post-VH solo stuff....a tune here or there, but i know he gives his all. Same can be said for Dave....in fact, during the Sam & Dave tour...both guys shined bright....they both lacked one thing, though...VH. So here we are.....yes, as i stated...this is a Roth site. I belong to it as i do to the Links....i love all VH eras....even Gary's time in the band. He gave a helluva effort on that tour. I dont expect y'all to agree...i'll get the usual bashing i'm sure...and that's fine, whatever. But...i'm not a "Sheep"....i'm not a "Rothtard"....i'm a VAN HALEN fan....4 ever and always. Peace.

hang_em_high
06-24-2004, 06:18 PM
baaaaaaa. . .baaaaaaaa

ALinChainz
06-24-2004, 06:22 PM
But doesn't everyone here get called rothtard?

By people who don't share the same opinion as you?

Why does being a Dave fan mean you are automatically stuck in '84? You may not think it, but most of the other Sam fans here starting shit do.

You are a Van Halen fan, great. We are classic VH fans, the Dave era, there are no grey areas like at the Links, who are suppose to be for all fans, but is dominated by Sam era fans.

The site's description says David Lee Roth and classic VH. The Sam fans are here trying to turn it into the links, and it isn't happening.

EddieFan4Eva
06-24-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
But doesn't everyone here get called rothtard?

By people who don't share the same opinion as you?

Why does being a Dave fan mean you are automatically stuck in '84? You may not think it, but most of the other Sam fans here starting shit do.

You are a Van Halen fan, great. We are classic VH fans, the Dave era, there are no grey areas like at the Links, who are suppose to be for all fans, but is dominated by Sam era fans.

The site's description says David Lee Roth and classic VH. The Sam fans are here trying to turn it into the links, and it isn't happening.

Not quite. I think healthy debate is fine, too. But the lengths that some here go to is sometimes beyond low. I came here and my first post wasnt much different than this thread here.....i got completely bashed. So, i'm not the one that started shit. I'm actually looking to see if anyone can offer a normal debate, without resorting to the knee-jerk reaction Sammy-Sheep comments as a crutch.

BARE BONE
06-24-2004, 06:32 PM
whoever made this. nice

Sarge
06-24-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by EddieFan4Eva
Not quite. I think healthy debate is fine, too. But the lengths that some here go to is sometimes beyond low. I came here and my first post wasnt much different than this thread here.....i got completely bashed. So, i'm not the one that started shit. I'm actually looking to see if anyone can offer a normal debate, without resorting to the knee-jerk reaction Sammy-Sheep comments as a crutch.

Well we go through these arguments all the time..
it's the same shit over and over.

Either you get Dave.. or you don't.
It's about an attitude and style that some people will never have the taste .. or the nads to appreciate.

Sometimes it's easier to just say "Sheep"
instead of conjuring up a master's level thesis about how big of a retard Sammy Hagar is.

BREASTS,
Sarge
Using my pole as a crutch..

EddieFan4Eva
06-24-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Sarge
Well we go through these arguments all the time..
it's the same shit over and over.

Either you get Dave.. or you don't.
It's about an attitude and style that some people will never have the taste .. or the nads to appreciate.

Sometimes it's easier to just say "Sheep"
instead of conjuring up a master's level thesis about how big of a retard Sammy Hagar is.

BREASTS,
Sarge
Using my pole as a crutch..

Well, see...i do get Roth...have since i was a kid. I appreciate him for what he is just like i appreciate Sammy for who he is. I had VH exposed to me since age 8 with the first album. As i stated before, my first concert was VH in 1984. I dont need to be told anything. I just happen to have more of an open mind, i guess.

ALinChainz
06-24-2004, 06:36 PM
You have to realize the wave of crap Sam fans have started here since Sam rejoined VH.

Thread after thread, unsolicited bullshit. You come along and are getting the knee jerk, but it isn't on the members here.

We have had Sam fans come in here, start shit, and then when it got hot for them, turn around and say, "I was just kidding, fuck the reunion and fuck Hagar." Then the next day, find that there was another Sam fan here starting some shit, and hopped on their thread and bashed him to no end. When asked about it, the loser just responds, "I changed my story."

It's immature bullshit like that, that is to blame here also.

Some Sam fans coming in here and starting crap like that has made shit the way it is.

VANHALEN2004
06-24-2004, 06:40 PM
IN :hagar3: WE TRUST

BARE BONE
06-24-2004, 06:42 PM
It doesn't matter because I think Eddie kicked him out of the band. I found proof.

EddieFan4Eva
06-24-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
You have to realize the wave of crap Sam fans have started here since Sam rejoined VH.

Thread after thread, unsolicited bullshit. You come along and are getting the knee jerk, but it isn't on the members here.

We have had Sam fans come in here, start shit, and then when it got hot for them, turn around and say, "I was just kidding, fuck the reunion and fuck Hagar." Then the next day, find that there was another Sam fan here starting some shit, and hopped on their thread and bashed him to no end. When asked about it, the loser just responds, "I changed my story."

It's immature bullshit like that, that is to blame here also.

Some Sam fans coming in here and starting crap like that has made shit the way it is.

Well, i've no doubts about Sammy fans starting crap, too.....both sides have been and are filled with bad apples.

BARE BONE
06-24-2004, 06:49 PM
Can't take a Joke. Get over it. Your the one who started this thread.

rustoffa
06-24-2004, 08:12 PM
Yeah, Socrates and spandex. Either you get it or you don't.
I'll casually point to the slew of new artists as well as older ones
(Nerf Herder, Hoobastank, Weezer, L7, Black Flag, Fee Waybill)
etc, etc. Point me in the direction of any noteworthy band/artist
in the last 19 years or so that has penned a song, made a
statement, or gushed about van hagar and the benefits involved.
I promise I'll read it or give it a look see.

DLR_EngineRoom
06-24-2004, 08:16 PM
Over and over again.....y'all call anyone who likes Sammy a "sheep". Well, it's not only silly, but it's just missing the point of being a fan of VH. Obviously, this is a Roth site...and that's fine. The Links cater mainly to the Post-Roth era VH, but still have fans there who love
em both....and that's fine, too. Like what ya want.....are you a "rothtard" because you like Roth more? No. Are you a "sheep" for liking Sammy more? No. See....a "sheep", to me, is someone who blindly follows someone, with nothing but tunnel-vision as they're source of sight. A "Rothtard", to me, has always been those who arent just stuck in 1984, but moreso those who are just rude towards other's opinions...should they dare to differ. I love the Dave years...the first 6 albums are classic. Dave's solo efforts are great...not all in the same league with the first 2, but he has something to offer. Sammy's had a very enduring career. Montrose through his solo outtings. Honestly, i havent liked too much of his post-VH solo stuff....a tune here or there, but i know he gives his all. Same can be said for Dave....in fact, during the Sam & Dave tour...both guys shined bright....they both lacked one thing, though...VH. So here we are.....yes, as i stated...this is a Roth site. I belong to it as i do to the Links....i love all VH eras....even Gary's time in the band. He gave a helluva effort on that tour. I dont expect y'all to agree...i'll get the usual bashing i'm sure...and that's fine, whatever. But...i'm not a "Sheep"....i'm not a "Rothtard"....i'm a VAN HALEN fan....4 ever and always. Peace.

KURT ANGLE SAYS: YOU SUCK, YOU SUCK, YOU SUCK, YOU SUCK....

freak
06-24-2004, 09:13 PM
I bet everytime you get a haircut, some poor child laborer has to make sweaters from the sweepings.

Tom Foolery
08-10-2004, 01:31 AM
I think i fit in to the catagory of Non-Sheep Sam fan. I am a huge DLR era fan, every time i hear a live bootleg or see the videos i get goosebumps, it was magic, and no one can deny that VH was kicking ass the whole time. On the other hand, I totally dig sammys tunes, not just with Van Hagar, but his solo stuff. i have his montrose CD and i think its great. I still listen to standing hamptons and VOA, but i think the standard sheep are the people saying "fucking rothtards, "Man on a Mission kicks the shit out of Panama" and other shit that everyone knows is just not true. THey know sammy for Right Now and WCTBL, the y could care less for the roots of the red rocker. I think it can be said that there is educated Sam fans, and they are usually the ones who really respect and recognize how important DLR was to success of the band van halen.

MAX
08-10-2004, 01:45 AM
Tom kicks ass!!!!! He's my protoge and I'm his mentor!!!!

Cathedral
08-10-2004, 02:28 AM
You know who started all of this?
Spam and the Van Halen brothers back in '85.
They didn't do an interview where they didn't rip Roth apart and bash what he contributed to the band.
And they did all of it out of fear that they wouldn't be successful with 5150. They did it to discredit Roth and ty to convince the fans that he wasn't an important piece of the band.
That in and of itself was equal to spit lobbing through the air and landing on the face of the fans who loved them the most and helped provide the lifestyle that kept them out of blue collar jobs.

It is Spam's constant and total lack of respect for what the band was before he walked in the door to a meal ticket that has taken him higher than anything he did on his own.
It was the House that Roth built, and Spam pissed on the shag carpet, baby.
The man should have embraced what Van Halen was Pre-Hagar, but he didn't. They gained so many wimpy candy-ass fans from their love ballads with Spam that it gave them the confirmation they were looking for, and mostly because of Edward. I know it, You know, every-damn-body here knows it, and it cannot be denied.

Now, to me? Any fan who has accepted Hagar and followed the band because of Edward, did so blindly, like the sheep they are.
if people weren't fucking sheep then the band would have had no choice but to dump Spam after 5150, call Dave, and get back to the business of kicking everyone's ass all over the globe.

There is not a damn thing "Mighty" about Van Hagar, Dave took that title with him when he left. he shouldn't have done that, but being a musician myself i know that when the band isn't jelling and taking too many drugs and staying drunk all the time, something needs to happen, they need to be smacked back to reality and that is what he attempted to do....It failed and here came Spam, capri shorts and bad hair in tow.

Naaa, to me it isn't about liking or not liking Spammy Hagar, It is about who followed Van Hagar because of Edward, they are the sheep in my opinion.
It is the Eddie sheep that made it work and it is the Eddie sheep i hold responsible for accepting less than above par material from a once great and "Mighty" Rock and Roll Legend.

Call me whatever in the hell you want to call me, but one thing i will never be is sellout when it comes to Van Halen, The real Van Halen, The Original and fucking "Mighty" Van Halen.

I rarely use the term sheep, but when i do you now know the guidlines by which I do so.
I never let the two men my mother married after my Father was gone EVER disrespect my father, or it got violent and ugly fast.
same principle is at play here.
Spam came out swinging because the brothers were swinging, like the ass kissing, pussified dickweed he is.
We, the Roth fans, took it personally and it will remain personal until the final curtain closes on the VH legacy of bullshit.

I don't give a flying sheep shit fuck which era people prefer, it is defined by the reasoning they have formulated that opinion that i look at.
If you are a Van Hagar fan and like the music, fine with me, stay out of my face with the Dave Barbs.

I gave them a shot and didn't like what i heard, and I was a huge Edward fan...
So, when you refer to me as a Rothtard, make sure you address me as Mr. Rothtard.

Ok sheep, you may now disperse and go fuck your collective selves.

Thanks for reading this, and.......Roth On!

pete
08-10-2004, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Tom Foolery
I think i fit in to the catagory of Non-Sheep Sam fan. I am a huge DLR era fan, every time i hear a live bootleg or see the videos i get goosebumps, it was magic, and no one can deny that VH was kicking ass the whole time. On the other hand, I totally dig sammys tunes, not just with Van Hagar, but his solo stuff. i have his montrose CD and i think its great. I still listen to standing hamptons and VOA, but i think the standard sheep are the people saying "fucking rothtards, "Man on a Mission kicks the shit out of Panama" and other shit that everyone knows is just not true. THey know sammy for Right Now and WCTBL, the y could care less for the roots of the red rocker. I think it can be said that there is educated Sam fans, and they are usually the ones who really respect and recognize how important DLR was to success of the band van halen.

I know the entire history.

VH aside. I can't respect it. When I was 12 I thought it was bland.

American Rock pretty much sucked throughout the 70's 'til VH came along.

Warham
08-10-2004, 07:53 AM
You can be a Sammy fan and not be a sheep?

When did this rule change take effect, and why didn't I get the memo?

Tom Foolery
08-10-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by pete
I know the entire history.

VH aside. I can't respect it. When I was 12 I thought it was bland.

American Rock pretty much sucked throughout the 70's 'til VH came along.

I think its ironic that the people who dont like sammy know more about his history then the "sheep" What i was saying is that the people who blindly support hagar, or the sheep, have no idea what they are supporting or why, they just do it, thus making them sheep. Having said that, I would also have to say that I also think there are DLR Sheep, people who blindly follow DLR, but they just arnt blasted like the hagar sheep at this forum.

ZahZoo
08-10-2004, 11:49 AM
For visual learners... Which character in this picture most resembles a DLR fan???

DLR_EngineRoom
08-10-2004, 02:16 PM

Ok.....lemme get this straight.......you're a Hagarita going to the largest known Roth fansite to debate?

Boredom does indeed run rampant in the links......so much so that we gotz ourselvez a Hagarita here who thinx it's perfectly OK to initiate a debate....gawd....even I didn't do that at the linx before I was banned....damn woman, you iz deeper in trubble than I thougtz....

Fabulous Shadow
08-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Tom Foolery

I LOVE YOU TOM! You put my thoughts into words!

Cathedral
08-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
For visual learners... Which character in this picture most resembles a DLR fan???

Son of a BITCH..........That picture damn near gave me a coronary i laughed so hard, ROTMFFLMMFAO.........

Cathedral
08-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Warham
You can be a Sammy fan and not be a sheep?

When did this rule change take effect, and why didn't I get the memo?

No rule change took place. It was always my understanding that only a TRUE Van Halen fan could be a sheep for supporting Van Hagar Post-Dave.
And the only reason any sane person would follow Van Hagar is because of Edward (Ed Heads), who by the way are the reason Van Hagar was successful and to date there has been no Roth/Halen Reunion.

A Van Hagar fan that was born after all of this knows no better and must be shown the light which makes them confused and misguided, not a sheep.

Any after market fans that have been shown the light and still dis Dave earn their wooley coat and we brand them as sheep.

So, to re-cap it all i'll do a Ross Perot and put it in easier terms, lol

(Ed Heads) = Ultimate Super Sheep.

(Spammy fans) = Only sheep if they don't respect Dave and his place in Van History (and they have to admit Dave was better).

(Van Hagar fans) = Only to be classified by when they were born and if they were brain washed at birth to prefer Spam over Dave. there is hope for them but it will take work...lets call them "Border Line Sheep."

The context of their posts will expose them for what they are and if they even have business posting here.

Tom Foolery
08-10-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
I LOVE YOU TOM! You put my thoughts into words!

I'm so flattered
:)

Tom Foolery
08-10-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
No rule change took place. It was always my understanding that only a TRUE Van Halen fan could be a sheep for supporting Van Hagar Post-Dave.
And the only reason any sane person would follow Van Hagar is because of Edward (Ed Heads), who by the way are the reason Van Hagar was successful and to date there has been no Roth/Halen Reunion.

So i consider myself a true Van Halen fan, but i totally support Van Hagar as well, does that make me a sheep? No because I make decisions for myself, i dont blindly follow Hagar and praise everything he puts out regardless of content, i hated most of Marching to Mars, and was disappointed in the effort in the new songs, but it doesnt mean that i dont support hagar, i love most of the stuff he puts out, hell, i bought Essential red collection today and i think every song on it is great, i like it alot. Having said all that i would never disregard the Roth Era VH. I know that if it wasnt for David Lee Roth coming into the band and kicking the worlds collective ass with eddie that i would have never gotten to hear Van Hagar. I understand the DLR paved the road for so many bands that i love now, and i respect the hell out of him for it, he also made some of the best music yet to be put out with Van Halen. After his VH career though i have not liked too much of what he has put out, i would rather listen to solo sammy than solo dave, but i think its hard to call me a sheep because i do have my own thoughts and i express them in a way other than "Fuck The Rothtards, Red Rocker 4 LIFE!"

Sheep should be a word reserved for the retarded few

Warham
08-10-2004, 05:09 PM
One vote for ya Tom.

You have good insights.

You couldn't have possibly come from the Links.

Terry
08-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Take a glance at the focus of this site,

It's right on the first page.

Hagar sheep and Eddie grunts who spread the same old bullshit are dealt with accordingly.