X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Ambassador Dennis Rodman

More proof of the strange world we live in where entertainment and sports seem to be valued more than institutions that should bear substance. More proof the political game has nobodies confidence anymore. Save the world Dennis. Save it!

The U.S. State Department had no involvement in the visit, and officials say they have no plans to debrief Rodman after his meeting with one of the world's most mysterious leaders. Col. Steve Ganyard, USMC (Ret.), a former deputy assistant secretary of state and ABC News consultant, told ABC's Martha Raddatz the State Department's decision is "ridiculous."
    "There is nobody at the CIA who can tell you more personally about Kim Jong Un than Dennis Rodman, and that in itself is scary," Ganyard said.
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-05-2013, 01:41 PM.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The real question here is did Lil' Kim even know who the Hell he was?

Can't imagine the NBA has a lot of fans in North Korea, and I'm sure they never saw his "reality" TV appearances.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

One of the stranger episodes of Sports Center was on this morning, featuring the George Stephanopoulos interview from ABC's This Week. Stephanopoulos was clearly irked by Rodman's spaced-out behavior, and said so.

You can read more and see the clip here: BusinessInsider

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD

Can't imagine the NBA has a lot of fans in North Korea, and I'm sure they never saw his "reality" TV appearances.
        Apparently much of the world watches our shit. One entertainer said they went over to Iraq on a USO show thing and when they were in the Kuwait airport all sorts of people there were coming up to them knowing who they were. They had no idea they were that popular in the middle east. I knew someone serving in Iraq and they used to send their wife pirated movies on DVD that hadn't even released here yet. The street vendors were selling them and they were pirated in China.

So it's a small world from a media perspective. The only thing slowing it down is language barriers. If more people could understand each other there would be more players in the game.
        Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-03-2013, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
            One of the stranger episodes of Sports Center was on this morning, featuring the George Stephanopoulos interview from ABC's This Week. Stephanopoulos was clearly irked by Rodman's spaced-out behavior, and said so.

You can read more and see the clip here: BusinessInsider
            I have no idea why people waste their time with make believe story lines. The real world is much more fascinating than anything anyone can make up. Everyone is trying to escape reality when reality is the shit.

Comment

• Dr. Love
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

I thought Rodman was in prison for tax evasion?
              I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Dr. Love
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Or was that Wesley Snipes?
                I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

It was Wesley "Stoopid" Snipes...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Could you think of a better place to hide from the IRS than North Koera? You have Kim Jong Un as your best friend and he has nukes. It's not exactly like they are going to come in and drag your ass to jail.

Shit. I can think of a whole bunch of celebrities that should go over there and stay there. Sammy Hagar being the first that comes to mind.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Here is the crazy scenario:

Li'l Kim says to Dennis: "We stay in touch! Here email box! You write!"e

And they do. And Dennis makes comments to Kim once in awhile like "Yo, man, why you do that? All you do is hurt your own people!"

Even occasional commentary like that between people can sometimes take root in the subconscious mind.......might actually do some good.

You would think the State Department would want to debrief at least SOMEONE from the Globetrotters or Rodman, but they know so much about stuff in NK that none of those guys would have anything of value to say. The NK secret police would be ensuring they did not see anything they were not supposed to anyway.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I always thought just having some open communication beats no communication. How many times have we discovered the government propaganda is completely wrong on something or someone once enough time goes under the bridge? Governments, religions and even parents tend to demonize their opposition.

A good example of it is the christmas truce that happened during World War I. The soldiers exchanged presents over Christmas and became too friendly with each other. The potential of peace on the front lines horrified the upper command so they had to put a stop to that and get them fighting again. Somewhere up and usually behind the scenes there is a motive for the madness. It's usually a banker loaning money to both sides making money off of other people's suffering. Everything bad that has ever come to power usually has bankers behind it and the cleverness of it is some of what they create claim they are going to save us from the bankers while they take everything.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Sometimes you do find something good in the comments section. This guy nailed it.

Rodeman went to stay revelant , considering he's a washed up former attention star there is no thing such as bad press . Both Kim and rod got they wanted which was free PR and ABC also got what they wanted which was ratings ....

No one cares about the people in the prison camps because they are not contributing to anyone .

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/denni...#ixzz2MWmhULcj

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD

I guess he and his late dad were big basketball fans...

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

I wanna know what happens to that North Korean team if they lose to the Harlem Globetrotters. Does Kim Jong-Un tell them afterwards: RHOOPS! Jarst keeding, I ras goring to execute you anyray! I knew you rer rall goring to roose. You rill awrl be executed in tomorrow morning.

Last edited by BITEYOASS; 03-04-2013, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Working...