X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasonA
    Groupie
    • Feb 2004

"Lose The Dress...Keep The Shoes" original guitar track

I found this on Terry Kilgore's Soundcloud. Apparently Terry wasn't happy with the final version:
    "lose the dress ... no lose the track .. this is the original copy ... they just had to fix it... they didnt,it is quite clear that they didnt mine has more magma and mojo austin"

• Cato
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Hummmm....interesting...
    Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Nice find!
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm with Roth, prefer the album version which is great.

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Oh the drama... Another chapter emerges...

This thread reminded me of a shit storm I started back in 2003 at the plexi palace board with Kilgore over some alleged Bar-B-Q that he attended with Alex and brought word of Sammy returning to the VH fold and Mike being out... Brad Starks who was Van Halen's webmaster shot all this shit down at the time and me calling out Kilgore caused him to bail on the Plexi-Palace board of which I earned the wrath of dishonor for running off their resident rock star...

Sadly Kilgore was totally legit and all of us on the fan side were fucking blatantly lied to by the band and Brad... Unfortunately that dipshit Hagar did return with Mike being ass-fucked by the brothers.

> > >>I JUST GOT WORD FROM FRIENDS OF THE BROTHERS that they will be releasing
          > > >>a new lp very soon new label,manager the works, and guess what. SAMMY
          > > >>HAGAR will be joining the boys for this round.according to alex van
          >halen
          > > >>edward and sam have a few things to iron out but otherwise more than
          >half
          > > >>the material is in the can,ready or not here they come xpect to see them
          > > >>later this year.no they have not given up they just regrouped got there
          > > >>politics straight and are off and running .AND THEY WILL NEVER PLAY WITH
          > > >>DAVID LEE ROTH again so please yall get over it.ed will never work with
          > > >>dave again,lol and if he asked me back he have to morgage his house
          > > >>because id want an awful lot of money to put up with his eccentric BS
          > > >>besides for all intensive purposes hes finished in the music biz but so
          > > >>are a lot of other people more talented than he will ever be....GO GET
          >EM
          > > >>ED AND AL..YES AND sammy and mike will be there too .....dont believe
          >all
          > > >>the hogwash the press churns out,.they have no information,so they make
          > > >>it up as they go along.................im glad there up and runnin
          > > >>again.....................ed has got some good material stored up so im
          > > >>told..........tt

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

You should've said for all "intents and purposes" Dave will never be finished with the music biz. At some point, he will be finished with it.
            Last edited by DLR Bridge; 03-09-2013, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
              You should've said for all "intents and purposes" Dave will never be finished with the music biz. At some point, he will be finished with it.
              Good call... just to be clear though, Kilgore said that, not me. I paid attention in English class...
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                Good call... just to be clear though, Kilgore said that, not me. I paid attention in English class...
                Oh, I know. I half paid attention. I had to edit my post because I wrote "intense" the first time. Whoopsy.

Comment

• Cato
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

btw hey I remember seeing the oldest photo of Van Halen, posted by Terry at that site. it was taken about 7 days after Mike joined the band.

Thread link

the photo is not there any longer.
                  did anyone save it?
                  Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Mar 2004

It's a great song, a favorite, but the album version is better. Kilgore has to like his version. His moon probably told him how great it is.

It sounds like some backing music from an episode of "Miami Vice" late in it's run.

(I should know, I've been watching a lot of the reruns lately)

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

the izzy and donnie show theme music
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        I'm with Roth, prefer the album version which is great.
                        I agree. More raw. Great album and song.

Comment

Working...