• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Patriot “Hate” Groups Pose Domestic Terror Threat

Kurt Nimmo

The Southern Poverty Law Center sent a letter earlier this week to Attorney General Eric Holder and Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano urging the government to establish a task force to investigate the supposed domestic terror threat posed by the likes of Alex Jones, We Are Change, Oath Keepers, the Constitution Party, the Tyranny Response Team and thousands of other Americans outside of the orbit of the establishment.

Chris Matthews continues the corporate media attack on the patriot movement. In the above video, Brian Levin, director of the Center for the Study of Hate & Extremism, includes Alex Jones in a hysterical litany of dangerous and “nutty” people engaged in free speech.

The letter sent by the president and CEO of the SPLC, J. Richard Cohen, begins by reminding Holder and Napolitano that the organization “wrote Attorney General Janet Reno about the growing threat of domestic terrorism” prior to the Oklahoma City bombing in October, 1994.

“Today, we write to express similar concerns. In the last four years, we have seen a tremendous increase in the number of conspiracy-minded, antigovernment groups as well as in the number of domestic terrorist plots.” Today’s “ominous threats,” Cohen warns, come from citizens concerned about federal government attacks on the Second Amendment. “Because of the looming dangers, we urge you to establish an interagency task force to assess the adequacy of the resources devoted to responding to the growing threat of non-Islamic domestic terrorism.”

Utilizing the standard SPLC modus operandi and fear tactics, Cohen conflates a small number of racist white supremacist groups with the larger and more diverse patriot community. He also characterizes growing concern on the part of millions of Americans in response to egregious violations of the Constituion as dangerous and deems the federal government response to this “domestic terror” threat as entirely insufficient. “In light of these questions and the disturbing trends we have described in this letter, we believe it is time to take a fresh look at the issue,” he concludes.

It is hardly surprising the SPLC has decided to exploit the growing and diverse movement opposed to a raft of recently proposed unconstitutional firearms laws and label the movement extremist and akin to domestic terrorism. It is also hardly surprising that MSNBC’s Chris Matthews would have SPLC spokesman Mark Potok on his increasingly irrelevant cable television show just as Congress begins work on a number of anti-Second Amendment bills. SPLC’s domestic terror angle and timing feed right into the larger anti-Second Amendment narrative spun by the establishment media.

The Department of Homeland Security most certainly has an overriding obsession in exaggerating and demonizing political activism the establishment regards as dangerous. As revealed in its “rightwing extremism” document leaked in 2009, the DHS is drinking the SPLC kool aid. It considers returning veterans, Second Amendment advocates, and anti-immigration activists on par with white supremacists and other ultra-fringe groups (many, as we have noted, infiltrated by the FBI). The establishment attack on opposition political activists cannot succeed without this necessary process of demonization and political ostracism hyped by its media.

It remains to be seen if the effort will be successful. Following extensive coverage on the DHS “Rightwing Extremism” document eventually covered by the mainstream media, elements within the Republican party criticized Napolitano and the DHS, a reaction that resulted in an embarrassing backtrack by the agency. Because of this experience, the DHS may be reluctant to heed the SPLC call to wage a domestic war on terrorism against political groups that do not pose a threat and are wholly within their rights under the First Amendment.

Finally, the SPLC’s theatrical use of the Oklahoma City bombing is interesting considering the organization’s connection with that terrorist event. In 2004, a declassified FBI memo obtained by an Oklahoma newspaper revealed the existence of a Southern Poverty Law Center informant connected to the Elohim City operation. “References to an informant working for the SPLC at Elohim City on the eve of the Oklahoma City bombing raises serious questions as to what the SPLC might know about McVeigh’s activities during the final hours before the fuse was lit in Oklahoma City – but which the SPLC has failed to disclose publicly,” the newspaper reported.

Asked about his organization’s role in the terror attack, Morris Dees, co-founder and chief trial counsel for the SPLC, told the media: “If I told you what we were doing there, I would have to kill you.”

• FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

So you're denying the existence of terrorists in this country?

Well then let me remind you......

Just a few examples from recent years......
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

FORD, it's people like you and me that they're looking to label as domestic terrorists...

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The BCE and their supporters labeled me a "terrorist" for protesting their bullshit war. I'm used to it.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          The BCE and their supporters labeled me a "terrorist" for protesting their bullshit war. I'm used to it.
          I prefer to pay cash and have over five days of food. That's puts me on the current list of potential terrorists. I usually don't have stains on my clothes. If I do it means I had a good time. I have all my fingers and toes. I haven't Gerry Garciaed myself yet.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I could never play guitar with 10 fingers, so it amazes me that Jerry Garcia or Phil Keaggy could do so with 9.

My grandpa chopped half of a finger off when he was a kid, but he never played guitar, or any other instrument as far as I know.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Why did he chop off his finger ??

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

This whole domestic terrorist thing is inventing another boogie man more than anything based in reality. I notice they are going to the extra effort to slag veterans. It's the classic Obama administration slag the image of people and turn public opinion against them. Well they are the ones saying they can kill us without a fair trial and arming themselves to the teeth with ammo the military is forbidden to use. They are just trying to put the attention on someone else besides them. The mass majority of the people they are pointing the finger at and labeling as dangerous aren't going to do anything unless the government fucks with them first. Maybe if the government stopped taking constitutional rights away and behaved itself, it wouldn't have to worry about the citizens so much.

Comment

• envy_me
                  Swedish Love Pump
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Dec 2010

I used to work with a woman whose husband lost a finger. I asked him how it felt not having a finger. He said it still itches sometimes as if the finger was still there.
                  I think I am the only one who asked him straight out about it.
                  The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by envy_me
                    I used to work with a woman whose husband lost a finger. I asked him how it felt not having a finger. He said it still itches sometimes as if the finger was still there.
                    I would have asked him if he tried to find it...

Comment

• envy_me
                      Swedish Love Pump
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Dec 2010

I've seen somewhere that they can attach persons toe to the finger. So that the toe becomes the missing finger. Fascinating.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I was on a basketball court when some guy jumped up and swatted the net hanging from the hoop for some reason and the class ring on his hand got stuck in the net and when he came down it ripped his finger out. Man did he scream and blood was everywhere. One kid ran to get help and we used his shirt to wrap his hand with. If you use a persons own clothes it's better because it has their own germs on them and reduces the chance of infection. His finger was still up in the net. Someone got some ice and a ladder and put his finger in ice thinking it might be saved and reattached. I don't know if they were able to do that. It was pretty awful to see.

Nowdays you could pour Quick Clot and stop the bleeding. Better than a wadded up T Shirt.

Comment

• envy_me
                          Swedish Love Pump
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          I was on a basketball court when some guy jumped up and swatted the net hanging from the hoop for some reason and the class ring on his hand got stuck in the net and when he came down it ripped his finger out. Man did he scream and blood was everywhere. One kid ran to get help and we used his shirt to wrap his hand with. If you use a persons own clothes it's better because it has their own germs on them and reduces the chance of infection. His finger was still up in the net. Someone got some ice and a ladder and put his finger in ice thinking it might be saved and reattached. I don't know if they were able to do that. It was pretty awful to see.

Nowdays you could pour Quick Clot and stop the bleeding. Better than a wadded up T Shirt.

Weren't you traumatized from seeing that?

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

I've seen somewhere that they can attach persons toe to the finger. So that the toe becomes the missing finger. Fascinating.
                            That's exactly what happened to Dickforbrains...

Comment

• envy_me
                              Swedish Love Pump
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ELVIS
                              That's exactly what happened to Dickforbrains...
                              This nicknaming has gone out of hand. I have NO idea who you're talking about.

Comment

Working...