X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • firestarter
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

Looks Like The End of Dave in VH!

with dave doing remixes and the gag order over( dave is doing more media this week than the last 6 years), plus dave's rolling stone comments, sounds like his vh days are over.

last years sudden tour cancellations are now looking more like vh were not getting along.
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Go fuck yourself....cunt
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• howie
      Roadie
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by firestarter
      with dave doing remixes and the gag order over( dave is doing more media this week than the last 6 years), plus dave's rolling stone comments, sounds like his vh days are over.

last years sudden tour cancellations are now looking more like vh were not getting along.
      Or is he trying to kick something loose so we get that last MA appearance and then the Oakland 81 shows on video...that would be good...

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Angel
        Go fuck yourself....cunt
        HA!!!

Yeah...what she said!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

It sounded like Eddie was ready to go but the hold up is getting everything scheduled and organized. VH are old guys with back, neck, and joint problems. They can't hit it hard like 1980 anymore. That's the reality. I got the impression from Dave they are let's go out in a blaze of glory before we fall apart. LOL!
          Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-09-2013, 06:59 PM.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• firestarter
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
            HA!!!

Yeah...what she said!!!

funny how no one said that in the "dave speaks out in the rolling stone thread!!"

Comment

• Coyote
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

You remind of a person I used to hang out with. He was also an irritating little cunt.
              Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

funny how no one said that in the "dave speaks out in the rolling stone thread!!"
                ehhhhhhhhhhhh... a LOT of people said that.........

Comment

• Matt White
                  • Jun 2004

I mean...its possible...the guy could get hit by a cab in traffic....Wolf could be trampled by rowdy CREED fans....Al ....no, ALEX is an Alien-step child of Shemp Howard.....

Fuck...seen 'em live TWICE with DAVE rockin the mike...and got a KICK ASS CD out of em............

nuthin is gonna take away from that!!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Sorry to burst your thesis, but the most likely reason for the tour dates being cancelled was Ed's diverticulitis, which had first developed on the tour...

But in addition to that, many music industry people have said since then that the second leg of the Van Halen tour, many of the dates going to smaller secondary markets, were generating poor ticket sales as well.... That could have been a contributing factor as well....

One thing's for sure though, it WASN'T because they weren't getting along....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

You nailed it , wish they hadn't booked more gigs in Japan , wolfie wasn't mentioning the new vh material kicking about .
                      Nah can't do it .... Dude fuck off
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                        You nailed it , wish they hadn't booked more gigs in Japan , wolfie wasn't mentioning the new vh material kicking about .
                        Nah can't do it .... Dude fuck off
                        Yeah, the thread thesis makes little sense on the face of it, given that the band are scheduled to play overseas and have (unless I've got it wrong) a single US rock festival date confirmed.

It's not that it is an impossibility that Roth has left Van Halen: should Dave be out of the band tomorrow, is anybody gonna be shocked like it was April 1985 all over again? No? Me, neither. It just makes little sense to even posit this theory in light of the booked gigs...unless all the booked dates have been cancelled.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                          Yeah, the thread thesis makes little sense on the face of it, given that the band are scheduled to play overseas and have (unless I've got it wrong) a single US rock festival date confirmed.

It's not that it is an impossibility that Roth has left Van Halen: should Dave be out of the band tomorrow, is anybody gonna be shocked like it was April 1985 all over again? No? Me, neither. It just makes little sense to even posit this theory in light of the booked gigs...unless all the booked dates have been cancelled.
                          Furthermore, Dave doing press obviously doesn't mean the band broke up, because he's mentioned the upcoming gigs in the interviews... at least he did in the Rogan podcast. I really didn't want to sit through Carolla, as he gets on my nerves after about 5 minutes, and you couldn't PAY me enough to listen to Herpes & Assrimming, but I'm guessing the subject will come up there as well.

But I guess things are slow at Links these days so Firetroll had to drop by and graze in our front yard for a while....
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

You usually do press before you go out. Dave is probably making the rounds because he got the ok to do it from the band and you have to remember neither Alex or Eddie like to do interviews.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                              Go fuck yourself....cunt
                              Awesome! Let's hang out together someday, or better yet call me if you need someone to play the over-zealous U.S. customs officer on Gunderson. LOL

Comment

Working...