PDA

View Full Version : No big deal... but a trivial VH mention by 'Bridesmaids' actor Chris O'Dowd

Mr Walker
03-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Nothing earth shattering, but I was reading an interview with Chris O'Dowd... the Irish actor that played the cop in 'Bridesmaids'... he was promoting the premiere of his new movie 'The Sapphires'.
Always nice to see people side with DLR.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/19/chris-odowd-the-sapphires_n_2901095.html?utm_hp_ref=entertainment

You mentioned you hadn't seen them in a few months. I know this movie came out overseas a few months ago -- it's kind of like your own world tour with a band.

I know, it's been nice. It's my own personal Van Halen, which is all I ever wanted.

The David Lee Roth or the Sammy Hagar version?
David Lee Roth.

Not Gary Cherone?

No! I was listening to a podcast about Van Halen the other day. There was this anecdote about their M&Ms. Do you know that?

Yes, they order the brown M&Ms removed from their dressing rooms when they tour.

Yeah!

Because if a venue can't get that right, then they don't trust them to set up the equipment correctly, either.

Exactly. It's in the rider so people don't die during the concert. I think I heard that on "This American Life."

So that's what's going on here with your cakes and your coffee?

Yeah -- oh! -- if they hadn't gotten this right, I now know that the floor is OK (laughs) because the cherry is on top.

Seshmeister
03-19-2013, 11:36 AM
I totally recommend everyone tries to get a hold of the IT Crowd which is the brilliant TV comedy he was in here written by the same guy as did Father Ted.

Seshmeister
03-19-2013, 12:27 PM

sadaist
03-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Euro humor.....love it. American humor nowadays is all about flash & shock value.

TJMKID
03-20-2013, 01:49 AM
Euro humor.....love it. American humor nowadays is all about flash & shock value.

American humor lost it's edge because you can't make fun of gays, blacks, or women anymore --- that was 95% of the subject material in standup acts of the 70's and 80's !!!

:argue: