PDA

View Full Version : Alex Van Halen Says Working With David Lee Roth Feels Like ‘Coming Home’

vandeleur
03-25-2013, 06:58 PM
Bit of an interesting tweet from classic rock mag ... Interesting in as such it mentions a phone call in the tweet title but thats about it

Finally, Eddie and Alex Van Halen talk on the radio: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eddie-van-halen-radio-interview/

Alex Van Halen says he and his brother Eddie’s long-awaited reunion with original Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth produced instant sparks. In fact, after recording five studio albums without Roth, Alex said 2012′s ‘A Different Kind of Truth’ boasted the atmosphere of an emotional homecoming.

“It’s like you walk into the studio and we haven’t been together for a while,” Alex Van Halen told Triple M, “and there’s this overwhelming sense of ‘coming home.’ That’s the best way I can describe it.”

Van Halen, of course, had hired and fired two other lead singers, and had gone through several off-again, on-again attempts at getting back together with Roth after his departure in 1985. Having originally co-founded the group in 1972, Roth returned in 1996 to record two new songs for a greatest hits package, then split with Van Halen once more. A brief stint followed in 2001, then another in 2007-08, before this on-going reunion began in 2011.

Something clicked, Alex says: “All the time we were apart was if it hadn’t existed and we picked up the fisti-cuffs right away.” Or, as Eddie puts it, “It’s like a pair of jeans that just fit right.”

Van Halen’s tour in support of ‘A Different Kind of Truth,’ derailed by health problems for Eddie Van Halen, is getting underway again in 2013, with stops including Australia’s Stone Music Festival on April 20-21.

sorry if this is a dup , couldnt see one.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-25-2013, 07:00 PM
Bit of an interesting tweet from classic rock mag ... Interesting in as such it mentions a phone call in the tweet title but thats about it

Finally, Eddie and Alex Van Halen talk on the radio: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eddie-van-halen-radio-interview/

Alex Van Halen says he and his brother Eddie’s long-awaited reunion with original Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth produced instant sparks. In fact, after recording five studio albums without Roth, Alex said 2012′s ‘A Different Kind of Truth’ boasted the atmosphere of an emotional homecoming.

“It’s like you walk into the studio and we haven’t been together for a while,” Alex Van Halen told Triple M, “and there’s this overwhelming sense of ‘coming home.’ That’s the best way I can describe it.”

Van Halen, of course, had hired and fired two other lead singers, and had gone through several off-again, on-again attempts at getting back together with Roth after his departure in 1985. Having originally co-founded the group in 1972, Roth returned in 1996 to record two new songs for a greatest hits package, then split with Van Halen once more. A brief stint followed in 2001, then another in 2007-08, before this on-going reunion began in 2011.

Something clicked, Alex says: “All the time we were apart was if it hadn’t existed and we picked up the fisti-cuffs right away.” Or, as Eddie puts it, “It’s like a pair of jeans that just fit right.”

Van Halen’s tour in support of ‘A Different Kind of Truth,’ derailed by health problems for Eddie Van Halen, is getting underway again in 2013, with stops including Australia’s Stone Music Festival on April 20-21.

sorry if this is a dup , couldnt see one.

way duped you stupid mutherfucker who thinks your life is so incredible and all ya wanna do is talk about stupid shit

PETE'S BROTHER
03-25-2013, 07:01 PM
way duped you stupid mutherfucker who thinks your life is so incredible and all ya wanna do is talk about stupid shit

i was just role playin' :baaa: :yo:

vandeleur
03-25-2013, 07:06 PM
I live for the stupid shit :beers8:

mh5150
03-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Reunion began in 2011?????:confused::confused::confused:
Dipshit:cool:

Nitro Express
03-25-2013, 07:08 PM
I live for the stupid shit :beers8:

Get ahold of yourself. We are masters of the universe and running the world from here. We can't afford to be stupid. Too many people are depending on us.

DaveTheScott
03-26-2013, 12:46 AM
Ya - like coming home to spend the holidays with your dysfunctional step-uncles, their fourth wives, and your third cousins from Omaha.

sadaist
03-26-2013, 01:34 AM
i was just role playin' :baaa: :yo:

Whew. I was about to jump all over your ass. And that aint like me.

Van, thanks for posting. I had not seen that yet.

sadaist
03-26-2013, 01:39 AM
Reunion began in 2011?????:confused::confused::confused:
Dipshit:cool:

According to sadaists car stereo, they never broke up. I had the 4 of them together every day since 1985

SunisinuS
03-26-2013, 02:22 AM
According to sadaists car stereo, they never broke up. I had the 4 of them together every day since 1985

The Menace is loose again....

DLR Bridge
03-26-2013, 06:31 AM
Something clicked, Alex says: “All the time we were apart was if it hadn’t existed..."

Hands down, best part of the quote.

Al must have read Sam's book. That ass didn't hold any punches against Al in that thing either. Al, quite professionally discarded that era without ever mentioning his name, and did so after Dave's rants of present time, too!

envy_me
03-26-2013, 06:46 AM
Hands down, best part of the quote.

Al must have read Sam's book. That ass didn't hold any punches against Al in that thing either. Al, quite professionally discarded that era without ever mentioning his name, and did so after Dave's rants of present time, too!

I agree. Al seems pretty reasonable these days.

clarathecarrot
03-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Get ahold of yourself. We are masters of the universe and running the world from here. We can't afford to be stupid. Too many people are depending on us.

Like that facebook comedy thing of people contacting you after 20 years of no contact and the punchline is,.. if I wanted to talk to that old...________ whattever I would have already called them on the phone , facebook brings people into your lives you may not want to see.

Alex speaks of the other thing that I have noticed about life and relationships of old,.. at the sad parts of life perhaps the funeral of a very old friend or his parent...we come together after all that has passed and see each other when we may not have wanted to or ever crossed paths again and it does feel, like home.

"All that" good times, after all the bullshit wears off is a welcome memory.

I find it most excellent these guys can work together again....friends are hard to come by but sometimes alot not just a little water must pass under that levee, 20 years was the right amount for the CVH.

Mutha On!

Jérôme Frenchise
03-26-2013, 03:12 PM
Oops! I like Clara the carrot's post, but I don't find it kickass - I thought I was clicking on the "reply to thread" button... :confused:

I just wanted to say: Considering Dave and Alex call each other on the phone daily, and Alex now talks nice talk about Dave, which one might have thought would happen when pigs fly (or when hens have teeth, as they say in French)...
Did Dave make amends about their old dispute, allowing Al to take care of his g/f while he's away in Japan?
Just asking. :biggrin:

clarathecarrot
03-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Oops! I like Clara the carrot's post, but I don't find it kickass - I thought I was clicking on the "reply to thread" button... :confused:

I just wanted to say: Considering Dave and Alex call each other on the phone daily, and Alex now talks nice talk about Dave, which one might have thought would happen when pigs fly (or when hens have teeth, as they say in French)...
Did Dave make amends about their old dispute, allowing Al to take care of his g/f while he's away in Japan?
Just asking. :biggrin:

Cleary, it doesn't kickass, but thanks for the thanks, Jérôme.

:yo:

envy_me
03-26-2013, 03:33 PM

I've also made that mistake a couple of times since there is no Quick Reply anymore.

ThrillsNSpills
03-26-2013, 03:34 PM

OH yeah.

I end up hearing something different every time, like on this track I never noticed Alex is playing through a phase shifter .

DLR Bridge
03-26-2013, 03:37 PM
I've also made that mistake a couple of times since there is no Quick Reply anymore.

The reply and thanks button need a separation. My finger tips can't split'em sometimes either.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-26-2013, 03:40 PM
The reply and thanks button need a separation. My finger tips can't split'em sometimes either.

you need Clarra's tip :bigwink:

DLR Bridge
03-26-2013, 03:41 PM
OH yeah.

I end up hearing something different every time, like on this track I never noticed Alex is playing through a phase shifter .

Ah that tune never gets old. I always picture Ed playing those runs at the end on a guitar that has had it's neck bolts removed. Right in the fade, it sounds like it all just comes apart. A sloppy thing of beauty!

Jérôme Frenchise
03-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Cleary, it doesn't kickass, but thanks for the thanks, Jérôme.

:yo:

Now this time I did it on purpose! :biggrin:

Now you can kick my ass, I deserve it: :moon:

sadaist
03-26-2013, 04:18 PM

:

My life goal is to be Claras 1st thanks dished out. I have thanked countless Clara posts. (Well, not countless cause you could probably sit down & count them in a night) But I can not die peacefully until I get that 1st THANKS from Clara. After all carrots are root vegetables....and who doesn't like those?

I will name another userid Terrible Turnip and haunt you to the ends of the Earth Clara!!!! Do the damn THANKS already!

PETE'S BROTHER
03-26-2013, 04:20 PM
My life goal is to be Claras 1st thanks dished out. I have thanked countless Clara posts. (Well, not countless cause you could probably sit down & count them in a night) But I can not die peacefully until I get that 1st THANKS from Clara. After all carrots are root vegetables....and who doesn't like those?

I will name another userid Terrible Turnip and haunt you to the ends of the Earth Clara!!!! Do the damn THANKS already!

oooh, a challenge :nono:

PETE'S BROTHER
03-26-2013, 04:25 PM

i betcha he "gives it" to lounge or his bot first :hee:

ZahZoo
03-26-2013, 04:28 PM

All of those stupid vegetable user names always remind me of some lame-assed Strawberry alias Gar used to use... :blah:

Jérôme Frenchise
03-26-2013, 04:28 PM

:biggrin:

I've just checked: she's never clicked on the "thanks" button. :frown:

Maybe she's waiting for the "please" button?

DLR Bridge
03-26-2013, 04:38 PM
She???

Jérôme Frenchise
03-26-2013, 04:48 PM
She???

I guess "Clara" is a girl's pseudo. I imagine some guys may find something in pretending to be chicks,
though I don't understand...

So Clara the carrot would be a... carrot?! And not a mussel? :headlights:

DLR Bridge
03-26-2013, 04:51 PM
I imagine some guys may find something in pretending to be chicks,

Ne meither.

PETE'S BROTHER
03-26-2013, 04:58 PM
i guess "clara" is a girl's pseudo. I imagine some guys may find something in pretending to be chicks,
though i don't understand...

So clara the carrot would be a... Carrot?! And not a mussel? :headlights:

he is a he

envy_me
03-26-2013, 05:01 PM
I guess "Clara" is a girl's pseudo. I imagine some guys may find something in pretending to be chicks,

No, it's a dude. But he isn't pretending, everybody knows who he is.

Jérôme Frenchise
03-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Ne meither.

he is a he

No, it's a dude. But he isn't pretending, everybody knows who he is.

Well, everybody but me... Thanks for precising. :)

ZahZoo
03-26-2013, 05:19 PM
When did carrots start having a gender?

Jérôme Frenchise
03-26-2013, 05:22 PM
Anyway, back to topic, I must say I'm relieved about VH now that the Brothers took their turns and gave a reassuring interview. No clash with Dave, though over the past 2 weeks you could see bad signs and fear a new Van Halenian war...

Damn, a new album, even! :hitch:

Jérôme Frenchise
03-26-2013, 05:24 PM
When did carrots start having a gender?

:biggrin: It's just the shape of it, as you guess... as opposed to mussels. :)

Jérôme Frenchise
03-26-2013, 05:30 PM
http://www.at-home-corsica.com/872-924-large/carotte-france-cat1-le-filet-eco-de-2-kg-.jpg

http://www.opalesurfcasting.net/IMG/moule.jpg

(sorry, proportions aren't respected)

clarathecarrot
03-26-2013, 06:20 PM

I could be a muscle bound carrot..?

I used to 5 many posters back in the day, around here. If I was a thank'n I would be thank'n you.

Sometimes, I just write nice things about a post and say, Thank You, in words....or some old style dated jargon like that ....lol.

ZahZoo
03-27-2013, 10:21 AM
(sorry, proportions aren't respected)

I think you had it about right for here lately... A lot of big pussies and a bunch of little dicks... :bigwink: