PDA

View Full Version : Classic Van Halen will always be VH.

Wayne L.
06-25-2004, 12:06 PM
Classic Van Halen will always be VH to generations of fans like myself because Eddie, Dave, Michael & Alex set the standard for great rock & roll bands with their music, their shows, their image & their attitude which has never been surpassed since the VH explosion back in 78 which is why their classic rock albums Van Halen, Fair Warning & 1984 are timeless. The original VH gave rock & roll a good kick in the ass in the 70's when it needed it with Eddie's guitar virtuosity & Dave's swaggering attitude on their important & influential debut album during the height of disco at the time which is a blessing in disguise to dedicated rock fans like myself even though the mainstream media ignored them with a passion just as much as they ignored Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Aerosmith & Kiss before them in those days. I saw Van Halen live at the old Charlotte Coliseum in NC back in 84 which is one of the greatest concert experiences of my youth looking back on it as a 40 year old VH/DLR era fan since it's similiar to Beatles fans in the 60's going to see them at Shea Stadium back in 65 from my perspective along with experiencing those first six classic rock albums when they were first released but the original Van Halen will always be VH even though I don't hate the Sammy era of this legendary rock band like some VH fans do.

rustoffa
06-25-2004, 12:54 PM
I like the way you think Wayne and even though you come and go like the wind we here at the Roth Army still get into reading your posts and imagining what it's like to be you not to say that being you is bad but simply interesting and some of us also think that the world is a better place with you in it and that's reaaly cool so don't ever change and try to post more stuff about the classic brand of van halen we all seem to hold in high regard 'cause the sound will probably never be duplicated again and it fucking kicked ass instead of wiping it.
:D