Any Chance for a New Sanctioned VH DVD of Japan or Australia?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nigel
    Roadie
    • Mar 2004

Any Chance for a New Sanctioned VH DVD of Japan or Australia?

Being that we have NO professionally done concert DVD of VH with Dave in it,
    wouldn't it be good to have one done, with 47 different cameras catching the action
    from every angle instead of Dave wanting
    us to do all the hard work from one fucking 'drunken" angle with shitty sound?

The Japan Gigs with Dave doing his new bonsai/karaoke/martial arts/dog/sushi herding in Japanese banter
    would surely be something we'd all buy.

Hell, even Sebastian Bach and Whitesnake put out "product" for their fans to enjoy at home and terrorize the neighbourhood.

I already have the 6-Pack 44 fucking times guys, let's get real.

I had to buy Sammy's VH crap just to watch my band at home.

Just sayin'. . . .
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Get involved on the internet... there are a ton of 07,08 and 12 shows out there, many are outstanding in both performance and recording quality. Poke around jamtothis.com, dimeadozen.org and vhtrading.com to start...
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Yes, there ARE some good ones out there, almost as good as one shot with a pro-film crew.

Comment

• TJMKID
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nigel
        Being that we have NO professionally done concert DVD of VH with Dave in it,

I had to buy Sammy's VH crap just to watch my band at home.

I always blame EVH for being the dumbest motherfucker on Earth about this topic. It's well-known he forced Hagar back into the studio to overdub vocals for the "Live: Right Here, Right Now" concert video and double-CD.

So why couldnt he have done this with Dave? I think concert VHS tapes of the Fair Warning and 1984 tours would've set some kind of sales records given how spectacular the visual production was. Force Dave into the studio to overdub vocals and sell that shit by the truckload.

It boggles the mind how many millions of dollars slipped through Ed's fingers because he couldnt figure this out on the Dave-era tours.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Hardrock69
          Yes, there ARE some good ones out there, almost as good as one shot with a pro-film crew.
          I have a few. Philly 2012 is good. This subject seems to come up a lot around here. And it should. It also baffles me how Ed could be so stupid and just sit on this stuff. Christ sakes all the older bands are letting stuff out these days. At this point I am hoping that one of these big shows gets filmed for the big screens and gets snuck out as a boot. I have many shows like that. Like Rock The Ring from T.V. I never thought a show from their own crew filming would leak out from the last 2 tours.( And one hasn't ) But maybe from one of these bigger shows with all the different bands. These camera men won't be working on Van Halens books, and that's how they get out. That might be all we ever get !

Comment

• Cato
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I used to look for good quality pro-shot footage. but now I don't care if its pro-shot or aud-shot. I just want to see their best performance on DVD.
            Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Nigel
              Roadie
              • Mar 2004

Thanks for your support Classic VH Fans

I appreciate all your comments and I know this has been talked about.

I just want these mother$%#@* to spend their own money giving FANS what they want.

Dave's to blame as well. How much is an apartment in Japan?

Time to spend in order to earn. We don't want the 50th Anniversary Tour to be filmed
              we want it now!! Do it in Japan, like Deep Purple did.

Nigel

Comment

• Dan
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cato
                I used to look for good quality pro-shot footage. but now I don't care if its pro-shot or aud-shot. I just want to see their best performance on DVD.
                Cato is taking His Hat-Cam To The Show.
                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Dan
                  Cato is taking His Hat-Cam To The Show.
                  or Cat-cam
                  Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Nigel
                    Roadie
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                    I know Hardrock, and I agree. My point is that VH finally have the chance to do what they did with Spammy.

Why the hell can't they spend some of that $93 mill or 54 mill off the recent tour
                    to give us the way it should be done.

I don't feel like scrounging around the Internet to find ONE or TWO angles. I Love Baltimore 08'
                    but it's NOT what I'm looking for, and chances are you folks know what I mean.

Japan 2013, filmed over a few nights would kick Asian Ass!!!

That's all for now. . . .

Comment

• Northern Girl
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Japan 2013, filmed over a few nights would kick Asian Ass!!!
                      There would definitely be no audience noise!
                      Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Northern Girl
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

With everyone telling Dave how crappy he sounds, do you really think he wants to release anything live?

Comment

• Nigel
                          Roadie
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID

So why couldnt he have done this with Dave? Force Dave into the studio to overdub vocals and sell that shit by the truckload.

It boggles the mind how many millions of dollars slipped through Ed's fingers because he couldnt figure this out on the Dave-era tours.
                          My guess is, that those will be done, but by that time we won't care because we won't be into VH anymore.
                          I'm 59 and I must admit, although I still love em', it ain't as "must have" as it used to be.

NOW is the fucking time to make up for idiotic, drug-addled mistakes from the past.

I don't care who wants to argue, there's nothing like a professional, band sanctioned
                          DVD product with surround sound please for pissing off my wife.

Dave, the business man should know this all too well. But gee whiz, he also missed out on the 80's/90's etc.
                          Best performer in the world and you can't get it done??

Comment

• Northern Girl
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I'm 59
                            Wow! There's someone here older than ZahZoo???

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Wow... that made my day!!
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...