PDA

View Full Version : Michigan vs. Louisville for all the marbles.

TFM_Dale
04-07-2013, 12:06 AM
Everyone knows I'm Blue all the way, what is everybody's predictions for Monday?

FORD
04-07-2013, 12:31 AM
Kinda lost interest in the whole thing once my bracket went to shit.....

But if the dude busting his leg in half didn't take Louisville out of the game, they just might be unstoppable.

Bob_R
04-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Can't see Louisville losing but ya never know! Michigan is a strong, young team.

TFM_Dale
04-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Hell of a game so far, wow.

TFM_Dale
04-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Michigan gave them Hell, better team won, to bad it isn't best of three lol

Fairwrning
04-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Im not a basketball fan but that was a hell of a game.

Zing!
04-09-2013, 03:32 PM
I'm not a basketball fan either. Thank God that's over with...

TFM_Dale
04-09-2013, 04:54 PM
I'm not a basketball fan either. Thank God that's over with...

I'm no where near the hoops fan I used to be. I used to know every player on every team for pros and most of division 1 college, now I watch the Pistons (sad I know) and the Big 10 and the tournament when it rolls around. The officiating and rules they have came up with has really dampened a lot of the excitement that used to be involved in basketball.

Zing!
04-09-2013, 05:10 PM
I'll never understand anyone passionately rooting for a college team that is not their alma mater, or that they didn't even attend for a semester before dropping out. I have friends and family screaming for teams they'll forget about next year. It all seems very pointless. I get it if you've bet big money on brackets. But even still - who the fuck cares? Basketball, professional or otherwise, is a crock. I'd rather watch pro wrestling. At least with the NFL I can watch ONE game a year (and even that's mostly for the commercials). I guess I'm just a baseball kind of guy - although I'll never understand the appeal of fantasy leagues either. Sports just isn't that important to me.

TFM_Dale
04-09-2013, 05:18 PM
I'll never understand anyone passionately rooting for a college team that is not their alma mater, or that they didn't even attend for a semester before dropping out. I have friends and family screaming for teams they'll forget about next year. It all seems very pointless. I get it if you've bet big money on brackets. But even still - who the fuck cares? Basketball, professional or otherwise, is a crock. I'd rather watch pro wrestling. At least with the NFL I can watch ONE game a year (and even that's mostly for the commercials). I guess I'm just a baseball kind of guy - although I'll never understand the appeal of fantasy leagues either. Sports just isn't that important to me.

Does that mean every Steeler fan should have to live or have lived in Pittsburgh? Sports are a fun escape for those that enjoy them. I would rather watch two football teams kick the shit out of each other then watch the evening news and see how another child was abducted or killed. That's just me though, everybody should do or follow what they enjoy, life is to short not to.

chefcraig
04-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Does that mean every Steeler fan should have to live or have lived in Pittsburgh? Sports are a fun escape for those that enjoy them. I would rather watch two football teams kick the shit out of each other then watch the evening news and see how another child was abducted or killed. That's just me though, everybody should do or follow what they enjoy, life is to short not to.

That aspect doesn't bother me one bit, as some folks have transplanted to other states and continue to root for their teams. What does bug me is the "front-running-phonies" and their all-inclusive "Were Number One!" mentality. Every year in this state, people go ape-shit purchasing sports memorabilia, clothing, stickers and license plates for whomever wins the Super Bowl. Same with college, people that never attended a school suddenly go bananas if a Florida school wins a bowl game. And there is no loyalty, it's just who happens to be hot today, forgotten the next day.

Zing!
04-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Nah - I get that aspect of it: kids root for the Bears or whoever because their dad likes the Bears. I understand that. Hell, I was a Cardinals fan growing up in Iowa, but after living in Minnesota for over a decade it just makes more sense to root for the Twinkies. I get it. But people strutting around wearing Louisville National Championship t-shirts in MN just seems dumb to me. People Facebooking about every goddamn play of every March Madness game seems like a waste of time to me. If it rows peoples boat - good for them. Just not my cup of Earl Gray and I'm always glad when its over with.

TFM_Dale
04-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Understandable, and I hear you about the Facebook flooding, seems if they were that in to it they would be WATCHING the game anyway.

PETE'S BROTHER
04-09-2013, 06:27 PM
twas an awesome basketball game

Zing!
04-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Understandable, and I hear you about the Facebook flooding, seems if they were that in to it they would be WATCHING the game anyway.

EXACTLY! People updating their FB timelines in real time during the game makes me want to break their fucking fingers and use their laptops and Droids for skeet.