Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Kid Rock: "I'm Embarassed to be a Republican"

Kid Rock: I’m “embarrassed to be a Republican”

GOP laws are interfering with the conservative musician's concerts
    By Prachi Gupta

Musician Kid Rock may have rallied support for Mitt Romney in the 2012 campaign run, but lately he is at odds with Republicans. He recently told Rolling Stone that “Athletes and musicians make astronomical amounts of money.”

“People get paid $100 million to throw a baseball! Shouldn’t we all take less and pass some of that money onto others? Think about firefighters, teachers and policemen. We should celebrate people that are intellectually smart and trying to make this world a better place.”

The rock star is trying to cap ticket prices to his shows at $20, “share beer, parking, hot dogs,” reserve rows for friends and designate the next 16 rows for paperless ticketing. The latter, though, is where he’s running into trouble with his party.

From Rolling Stone:

“That’s one of the times I’m fucking embarrassed to be a Republican,” he seethes. “It’s fucking Republican lawmakers passing those laws, you dumbasses. They already did it in New York and they’re trying to do it in Michigan. I’ve even called some of those guys to try and stop it.”
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Hindsight is 20/20, eh Kid....?
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Zing!
      Veteran
      • Oct 2011

Then why continue to call yourself a Republican? What a clod.
      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Zing!
        Then why continue to call yourself a Republican? What a clod.

Because he...and many of us still are Republican. It isn't us or our ideology that changed. It's the fucked up crooked politicians that call themselves Republican that need to change. Not us. We just need to find better people to elect.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• BITEYOASS
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Once Kid Rock starts rapping again about subjects that I find important (i.e. fucking a lot of different bitches from a bunch of different cities). Then maybe....maybe I'll start buying his albums again. In the meantime, lay of the southern rock. Cuz you from Michigan muthafucka!

Comment

• envy_me
            Swedish Love Pump
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
            Once Kid Rock starts rapping again about subjects that I find important (i.e. fucking a lot of different bitches from a bunch of different cities). Then maybe....maybe I'll start buying his albums again. In the meantime, lay of the southern rock. Cuz you from Michigan muthafucka!
            The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by FORD
              “People get paid $100 million to throw a baseball! Shouldn’t we all take less and pass some of that money onto others? Think about firefighters, teachers and policemen. We should celebrate people that are intellectually smart and trying to make this world a better place.” - Kid Rock
              That's a very democratic thing to say. Republicans of noteriety (political or celebrity) rarely, if ever make 'we're all in this together' type remarks. Only time I've heard any such remarks of the like were from Romney during the RNC speech, but those sporadic comments pretty much rang out as hollow, forced and disingenuous.

Like Sadaist said, "better people" need to front that party. Then, perhaps we'd have a ball game.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

The "better people" have abandoned both parties, but the mainstream media will never tell you that...

Just look at the voter turnout last election...

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Post of the month right there. I know it's early yet, but I don't see this one getting topped.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

On a slightly different note, I'm embarrassed for Rock. His name should be Kid Bad White Boy Rap.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

I wonder what his little rapping midget think about all of this?
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Uhh... I think he shuffled off this mortal coil some time ago.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                          The great Joe C passed away back in 2000.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by binnie
                            I'm not sure Miles Finch would take too kindly to that remark.
                            Last edited by DLR Bridge; 04-12-2013, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• private parts
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2007

The great Joe C passed away back in 2000.

"They call me Joe C.!

J. O. E. to the C.

Three foot nine with a 10 foot DICK!"
                              sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

Working...