North Dakota News Anchor's first day on the job is also his last.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

North Dakota News Anchor's first day on the job is also his last.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

He must be the pride of WVU...
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Zing!
      Veteran
      • Oct 2011

I'm pretty sure George Carlin's 7 words was in his broadcasting school curriculum.
      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

His description of himself was right out of Reefer Madness......total nonsense.

Can you kids say "Crash and burn"?

Sure....I knew you could.....

Comment

• envy_me
          Swedish Love Pump
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Dec 2010

Poor guy. They aren't really gonna fire him because of this?
          The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
            Poor guy. They aren't really gonna fire him because of this?

They already did.

What irks me is all the complaint calls they received from people who have never made a mistake or uttered a curse word in their lives. Good job hypocrites....you got a kid fired. Feel better? (feeling better than everyone else doesn't count)
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by sadaist
              They already did.

What irks me is all the complaint calls they received from people who have never made a mistake or uttered a curse word in their lives. Good job hypocrites....you got a kid fired. Feel better? (feeling better than everyone else doesn't count)
              That's the most rediculous reason to fire someone.
              Our anchors have said things by mistake but no one ever gets fired for that.
              Even on purpose on TV when they translate shows. If Charlie Sheen says something like "fool around" it's not strange that it's translated as "fuck".

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

It is a ridiculous reason to fire someone. He should have been forced to give an on-air apology, but not fired.

On another note, that was an awful and uncomfortable experience all the way around. What the fuck was going on there?

Van: "Tell us a little bit about yourself A.J...."

A.J.: "I'm used to being from the East Coast"

Pretty gripping shit....

Then he appears to not even be looking at the camera as he basically gives us a lackluster PowerPoint presentation about a fatal ATV crash.

I know it's North Dakota and you're not going to get super-polished anchors, but this was like watching high school television.

In fact, I take back my first sentence. He should have been fired, but not for the cursing...but for his complete lack of personality. And while we're at it, fire the girl too. They both have the charisma and on-air presence of a steaming pile of dogshit.
                Originally posted by perilouspete
                fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Zing!
                  I'm pretty sure George Carlin's 7 words was in his broadcasting school curriculum.
                  BWAHAHAHA!!!

The part you didn't see was when he called the sports guy a "cocksucker" and the weather guy a "motherfucker."
                  fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• envy_me
                    Swedish Love Pump
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                    It is a ridiculous reason to fire someone. He should have been forced to give an on-air apology, but not fired.

On another note, that was an awful and uncomfortable experience all the way around. What the fuck was going on there?

Van: "Tell us a little bit about yourself A.J...."

A.J.: "I'm used to being from the East Coast"

Pretty gripping shit....

Then he appears to not even be looking at the camera as he basically gives us a lackluster PowerPoint presentation about a fatal ATV crash.

I know it's North Dakota and you're not going to get super-polished anchors, but this was like watching high school television.

In fact, I take back my first sentence. He should have been fired, but not for the cursing...but for his complete lack of personality. And while we're at it, fire the girl too. They both have the charisma and on-air presence of a steaming pile of dogshit.

I think his bad performance might come from him realizing what he just said on air and that distracted him.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by envy_me
                      I think his bad performance might come from him realizing what he just said on air and that distracted him.
                      Agreed.

Chances are he had a producer or director screaming in his earpiece that he would "never work in this backwater, shitkicking, no-name North Dakota town again..."

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

He's got a future on the Tourette's news network.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

TV reporter says he's fired for profanity on air

The Associated Press

BISMARCK, N.D. — A weekend news anchorman for a North Dakota television station says he was fired after he opened his first-ever broadcast with obscenities.

A.J. Clemente says on Twitter that KFYR-TV of Bismarck fired him Monday.

The NBC affiliate said in an earlier statement that Clemente was suspended following the Sunday evening broadcast. General manager Dick Heidt says he cannot discuss the incident because it's a personnel matter.

The station posted an apology online and co-anchorwoman Van Tieu also apologized during the 10 p.m. newscast.

Video of Clemente's two-word uttering was immediately posted online via social media sites, and the hashtag "Keep AJ" started trending on Twitter in support of the self-described West Virginia University graduate.

Clemente tweeted after the broadcast: "That couldn't have gone any worse!"

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/04/23/277...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

Harsh than he got canned faster than tuna.

Still, what's the betting all of the publicity this is generating is boosting the network's ratings....
                            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...