PDA

View Full Version : Are you planning to see "Fahrenheit 9-11" this weekend?

FORD
06-25-2004, 06:40 PM
Is the movie of the year in your immediate future?

(I'm going after work :D )

Satan
06-25-2004, 06:53 PM
It's not in Hell yet :(

Ally_Kat
06-25-2004, 06:56 PM
other: I'm smart enough to know he's leaving out some facts and misguiding people on some parts

Pink Spider
06-25-2004, 06:58 PM
I'm tempted, but I think I'm going to wait a while until the hype dies down.

Satan
06-25-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
other: I'm smart enough to know he's leaving out some facts and misguiding people on some parts

How will you know that if you don't see it? ;)

Ally_Kat
06-25-2004, 07:05 PM
I saw the trailor with trying to get the congressmen to sign the kids up and then him proving a point by that and him using the Bush golf footage. That was all i had to see.

Satan
06-25-2004, 07:21 PM
I saw the trailor with trying to get the congressmen to sign the kids up and then him proving a point by that and him using the Bush golf footage. That was all i had to see.

So Junior wasn't playing golf with his daddy? I remember seeing that on the HellCable News when it happenned. I don't see how file news footage can be disputed.

As for the point he made with petitioning the congressman, I think that was a Most Unholy idea. Maybe politicians wouldn't be so quick to start wars if it were their children on the line?

As the CEO of Hell, war effects my "bottom line" as well. Mass casualties mean I have to pay construction crews overtime to keep up. I imagine it's the same for God, but His budget is a lot bigger :(

Satan
06-25-2004, 07:36 PM
OK, who's the Chedhead?

Keeyth
06-25-2004, 07:50 PM

C'mon babe! There's a word for that... ...DENIAL.

You should know by now that you can't judge ANY movie by just it's trailer... ...can we at least agree on THAT???;)

Viking
06-25-2004, 08:21 PM
I wouldn't walk across the street to see it if it was free.

rustoffa
06-25-2004, 09:11 PM
Aint it cool news is reporting every third dollar taken in for
fuckinslight 911 goes directly to Moore's pork tenderloin fund.
That sumbitch needs a stomach staple so the lithium tabs
have a chance.

Ally_Kat
06-25-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Satan
So Junior wasn't playing golf with his daddy? I remember seeing that on the HellCable News when it happenned. I don't see how file news footage can be disputed.

As for the point he made with petitioning the congressman, I think that was a Most Unholy idea. Maybe politicians wouldn't be so quick to start wars if it were their children on the line?

As the CEO of Hell, war effects my "bottom line" as well. Mass casualties mean I have to pay construction crews overtime to keep up. I imagine it's the same for God, but His budget is a lot bigger :(

Yeah, but almost every president has played golf and use it to let off steam from the White House. If you follow the pres to such an event and ask him a question on a topic such as Iraq, you are going to get the pres answering your question inbetween playing his game. I could go into the vault and get footage of Clinton answering questions while he's putting. Being president is a 24/7 job. When he's on the ranch, when he's on the course, he's kept abreast of what is going on. If something major happens that demands his attention and he was on the course, he would be told and he would get back to the House.

And for the Congressmen -- you do realize that they can't sign their children up for the service. Only their children can. That and Moore doesn't know the ages and/or eligibility of the Congressmen's children. Some could be too young, some could be too old, some could have health problems, and some could be attending school. It's a nice stunt, but without telling and/or people realizing the conditions of eligibility, it's all a one side attempt to make them look bad.

Ally_Kat
06-25-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Keeyth
C'mon babe! There's a word for that... ...DENIAL.

You should know by now that you can't judge ANY movie by just it's trailer... ...can we at least agree on THAT???;)

I'm not in denial about anything. I know I'm going to have to watch it anyhow and do some report on it because my one professor has the only hard-on for Moore. I should go and get the paper done with now, but I'm not buying Moore's snacks for him.

Yeah, the trailors are usually better than the movie. If so, this movie is really going to suck. ;)

rustoffa
06-25-2004, 11:25 PM
I'm not in denial about anything. I know I'm going to have to watch it anyhow and do some report on it because my one professor has the only hard-on for Moore. I should go and get the paper done with now, but I'm not buying Moore's snacks for him.

Yeah, the trailors are usually better than the movie. If so, this movie is really going to suck. ;)

Draw parallels to propaganda shorts. The grainy black and white
ones soaked with undermining rhetoric. Just nail the body of
your paper with the chin-high irony. Throw in something about
how history does in fact teach us something....just writing figure
eights eluding to synical college professors or some shit.
My lit papers looked like band-aids after the bitch graded 'em.
:D

Cathedral
06-26-2004, 01:07 AM
I've never seen a Moore Film and I'll never see a Moore Film.
I don't like the guy and i have no interest in supporting his leftist extremist positions.

I'm taking Wayne's $100.00 and getting a blow job...

ELVIS
06-26-2004, 10:06 AM
Why see this propanda crap ??

From what I've read it's a water downed version of your paranoid conspiracy agenda...

There's more entertainment value right here...

BUSH '04

:elvis:

Pink Spider
06-26-2004, 10:55 AM
I keep hearing the word propaganda. Who is it specifically propaganda for? Is there a Kerry endorsement in there somewhere?

Ally_Kat
06-26-2004, 03:32 PM
Moore has stated the anyone but Bush stance.

Kerry's only platform is that he's not Bush.

No, there's no direct support, but let's be serious. Does anyone here think enough people would vote for Nader? It's either Bush or Kerry and we all know how much Moore loves Bush...

Ally_Kat
06-26-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

From what I've read it's a water downed version of your paranoid conspiracy agenda...

BUSH '04

That's a great idea!

Ford, you hafta make a movie now! :D

BIGBADZERO
06-26-2004, 03:43 PM
All you Michael Moore sheep can have at it. I'd rather see White Chicks than that bloated left wing faggot's piece of shit.

Ally_Kat
06-26-2004, 04:05 PM
Spiderman2 is coming on Wed. :D

FORD
06-26-2004, 05:18 PM
Numbers don't lie, Busheep! (http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2004-06-25&p=.htm) :D

Highest grossing box office reciepts despite the fact that it's in 1/3 the number of theaters of the rest of the Top 10

FORD
06-26-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by BIGBADZERO
All you Michael Moore sheep can have at it. I'd rather see White Chicks than that bloated left wing faggot's piece of shit.

So you like movies about transvestites, yet you call Michael Moore a "faggot". Yeah, sounds like someone's protesting a little too much to me ;)

FORD
06-26-2004, 05:22 PM
That's a great idea!

Ford, you hafta make a movie now! :D

Got Harvey Weinstein's phone number? ;)

FORD
06-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

BUSH '04

If you haven't seen the movie, don't attempt to review it. And as far as "conspiracy propaganda" goes, everything in this movie is documented.

DaveIsKing
06-26-2004, 05:36 PM
Looks like the majority of folks 8 to 4 aren't going to watch TRIUMPH OF DER WILLENS there, Ford!

Too bad.

That's why Moron's film went from "over 1000 theaters" (bullshit) to less than 500...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Fucking serves his Commie Ass right!

FORD
06-26-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsKing
Looks like the majority of folks 8 to 4 aren't going to watch TRIUMPH OF DER WILLENS there, Ford!

Too bad.

DLR Army polls are notoriously non-scientific.

That's why Moron's film went from "over 1000 theaters" (bullshit) to less than 500...

Actually, its in 868 theaters this week, with many more scheduled to open next weekend. Since Moore was initially planning a July 2 release before the Mirimax/Eisner roadblock, it's not unusual that many theaters kept that date, rather than opt for the early release made possible by the Weinstein brothers and Lions Gate Films distribution.

And as I said, the fact that it outperformed movies playing in 3 times as many theaters is nothing short of phenomenal - for ANY movie. For a documentary, it's probably a record.

DaveIsKing
06-26-2004, 05:50 PM
Where's your source? ;)

John Ashcroft
06-26-2004, 06:46 PM
I'm not going. I'll probably check it out when it comes out on video. I don't want to give the idiot a penny, but I do like to keep up on the political opposition...

He still sucks though. Maybe I'll get someone to burn it for me so none of my money ends up in his pocket.

Dave's PA Rental
06-26-2004, 07:56 PM
I was going to go tonight, but its sold out.

I will keep an open mind when I see it. If he butchers the facts like his animated history of the United States in 'Bowling...' I will call him on it right here.

Also, I think that anyone who just dismisses this movie and bad-mouths it...while vowing not to see it, really has no business forming an opinion on it.

Even John Ashcroft says that he will eventually listen to what Moore has to say...

FORD
06-26-2004, 09:34 PM
Where's your source? ;)

Go back up to the link that says "Numbers don't lie, Busheep"

BIGBADZERO
06-27-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by FORD
So you like movies about transvestites, yet you call Michael Moore a "faggot". Yeah, sounds like someone's protesting a little too much to me ;)

Transvestites? It's a comedy dude. As the Wayans brothers would probably say to you, You one dumb nigga.

freak
06-27-2004, 04:06 PM
No, I have no intention of going to see a movie that caters to the grassy knoll crowd.

The crinkling of the tin-foil hats would no doubt be annoying in a theater seting.

I'd also have to sneak in a radio-controlled hellicopter (Black, of course). Gotta have fun somehow. It certainly wouldn't come from watching two hours of idiot consipracy theories with a Dolby soundtrack.

Wife and I went to see Terminal instead.

Phil theStalker
06-27-2004, 04:57 PM
Is the movie of the year in your immediate future?

(I'm going after work :D )
This movie of the year IS our immediate future, poopfucks.

=h69=
:smilieci:

Phil theStalker
06-27-2004, 05:04 PM
War is soooooooo good, war is sooooooooo good.

War is the answer.

War is the answer.

War is good.

War is our future.

Blow up the planet.

Iran anyone, Syria, too? North Korea and maybe we'll have one aircraft carrier left to send to Tiawan when the Reds attack. Oh yeh.

poopheads

poop

heads

poopyheads

FORD
06-27-2004, 06:53 PM
Uhhh... thanks for that insightful commentary, Phil.

Phil theStalker
06-28-2004, 02:48 PM
Uhhh... thanks for that insightful commentary, Phil.
I didn't think that would be too deep for anybody here.:D

Angel
06-28-2004, 02:59 PM
I don't need to go. Anything he has in there has been reported by Canadian Journalists long before now. :D

Keeyth
06-28-2004, 04:01 PM
Where's your source? ;)

Oh, try MSN.com, your local newpaper, and anyone else not living under a rock...

Keeyth
06-28-2004, 04:07 PM

This is to all of you, not just Kat, but go see the film, and I challenge you to provide ANSWERS to the many questions Moore brings up. You see, all you people do is say, "Oh he's lying, or that's just propoganda"
Well, if that's so, why can't any of you 'right-wingers' provide decent answers the the hard questions Moore poses??

I'll tell you why: Because YOU wouldn't like your own answers and because the TRUTH hurts!

Heres a toast to all who aren't afraid to confront the truth... ..even when it's not pretty...

Ally_Kat
06-28-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by freak
No, I have no intention of going to see a movie that caters to the grassy knoll crowd.

or to impressionable teenage America. Admit it, the majority of people going to see this are going to be between the ages of 13 and 25. Now, a good part of those from 20-25 might have the good sense to come to conclusions on their own, but we all know the teenagers will believe anything they see or are told, especially in media form, and especially if it's from someone of celebrity status.

And I don't care what side you are on, we should really push for them to become curious and investigate on their own both sides, and not just something that is put in a movie.

FORD
06-28-2004, 06:20 PM
'Fahrenheit 9/11' Ignites Box Office Passion
by Brandon Gray
June 28, 2004

HOLLYWOOD (Box Office Mojo) – Over three million people elected Fahrenheit 9/11 to be the No. 1 movie of America.

Incensing as many as it's entrancing, writer-director Michael Moore's Bush bash celebrated over the weekend with $23.9 million at 868 theaters, beating co-distributor Lions Gate's $21.8 million estimate on Sunday by 9%. Lions Gate released the picture along with IFC Films and Fellowship Adventure Group -- the latter quickly formed by Miramax chiefs Bob and Harvey Weinstein to release the $6 million picture after buying it back from corporate parent Disney. Around $10 million was spent on prints and advertising, less than a third of the average Hollywood release.

The estimate for Fahrenheit 9/11 was trounced thanks to a much stronger than expected Sunday. Breaking the weekend down, the picture attracted nearly $8.6 million on Friday, fell 5% on Saturday to about $8.1 million, but then eased just 12% to around $7.2 million on Sunday. By comparison, the other wide releases in the marketplace experienced Sunday drops ranging from 22% to 35%.

With $24.1 million in the till since its record-breaking debut in New York City on Wednesday, Fahrenheit 9/11 is already the highest grossing documentary of all time -- excluding large format, concert and other non-"apples-to-apples" sub-genres – surpassing Moore's own Bowling for Columbine's $21.6 million lifetime gross.

Fahrenheit is also the first documentary to land in the weekend top five, let alone be No. 1. Its opening topped Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction's $9.3 million as the best ever for a Cannes Film Festival Palme d'Or winner, and it was Tarantino's jury that handed Moore the prize this year.

Fahrenheit's $27,558 per theater average ranks as the second highest all time for a wide release and the best of 2004, ahead of The Passion of the Christ's $27,554 and Shrek 2's $25,951. However, they were super-saturation releases playing at 3,043 and 4,163 theaters respectively -- the lower the theater count, the easier it is to have a high average as the release isn't diluted by less populous locations with lower ticket prices.

Fahrenheit's performance harkens back to the days when big movies wouldn't play in every nook and cranny of the country, but would bow at around 700 or 1,000 theaters to sell out crowds. Perhaps the greatest example of this, Return of the Jedi debuted to $23 million at 1,002 theaters in 1983, which would adjust to $45 million by today's ticket prices. In terms of raw dollars, Fahrenheit is actually the biggest opening ever for a movie playing at less than 1,000 theaters, topping Rocky III's $12.4 million at 939 venues.

Controversy is proving to be bigger business than ever. Prior to this year, it was seen as a way to raise awareness and help bolster a picture to modest returns (Dogma, Last Temptation of Christ). Chatter about its global warming themes didn't hurt The Day After Tomorrow either, which opened beyond expectations and is a solid blockbuster with $175.6 million to date. But it was Moore and Mel Gibson with The Passion of the Christ who have taken it to the next level: Controversy as saturation marketing campaign.

Though The Passion is perceived as the opposite of Fahrenheit in terms of whom it appeals to, both Moore and Gibson enlisted today's mass media to work for them, knowing that everyone from 24-hour news channels to talk radio would eat up the grand hot topic issues of their movies with the littlest of stoking. Gibson took the more strategic approach with his surgical strike appearances and screenings, but he had months to wage his campaign. Fahrenheit didn't have a release date, let alone a distributor, until a few weeks ago, so Moore and company used the shotgun approach, showing up everywhere and heralding every single development of the movie's progress.

While Fahrenheit was all the rage in the media, moviegoers spread the wealth to other movies.

The Wayans brothers' latest ribald comedy White Chicks cross-dressed to success with $19.7 million at 2,726 theaters. Since its Wednesday bow, the $37 million Sony picture has grossed $27.2 million.

New Line's counter-programming affair The Notebook struck a chord, notching $13.5 million at 2,303 locations. The love story adapted from Nicholas Sparks' novel cost less than $30 million to make.

Among holdovers, Dodgeball was still slammin,' deflating by 38% to $18.8 million and a $67.5 million total after 10 days. The $20 million Fox comedy's hold was strong as youth appeal pictures tend to drop closer to 50%. After a relatively soft start, DreamWorks' The Terminal eased 31% to $13.1 million. In 10 days, the $60 million Steven Spielberg production has claimed $41.0 million.

There was one casualty. Family movie Two Brothers, in which The Bear director Jean-Jacques Annaud turns his attention to tigers, captured $6.1 million at 2,175 in ninth place. It was an acquisition for distributor Universal, so their financial exposure was limited.

diamondD
06-29-2004, 12:42 AM
Enjoy the #1 rating this week because I just got back from a sneak preview of Spider Man 2 and it kicks ass! Moore's film will probably do top 10 this week and then sink like a rock.

diamondD
06-29-2004, 01:04 AM
Here's a review from the Filthy Critic that pretty much sums it up. He's got you nailed FORD. ;)

When reviewing a movie like Fahrenheit 9/11, that is so highly political, it's almost impossible not to let some of your own affiliations and opinions seep into your comments like so much blood into the urine. Really, it's pretty fucking hard to write about a movie like this without saying "Right on!" or "Now, wait a minuteÖ" I mean, maybe some really good writer could do it, but that ain't me. I can barely write out a shopping list without revealing my deepest intentions, weaknesses, likes and fears. For example, from yesterday's trip to Target: "Lube, rope, mosquito repellent, more nightlights NOW!!!!!, Swiss Cake Rolls (8 boxes? 10?), bicycle pump, flammable hair spray, still more nightlights!, that tangy cat food." I'm just not the guy to look at a political movie without some prejudice.

So here it is: I think George Bush is a fucking asshole. I also think Michael Moore is a fucking asshole. Bush is the probably the bigger one, but he didn't make a movie. He just screwed the country. Moore is a lousy researcher, but a loud one.

Fahrenheit 9/11 attempts to paint Bush as a criminal whose every move in the Afghanistan and Iraq wars were prompted by greed and insidious business ties with Saudis, specifically the bin Laden family. In its first half, Moore shows that Bushes has worked with the bin Ladens for many years, and that they have invested over a billion dollars in Bush businesses. His argument is that this has not only blurred Bush's judgment but is actually the driving force behind all the Bush decisions. It's the sort of blanket, unfocused attack that Moore makes, and which he relies on his audience to not further investigate because they want to believe the worst about their enemies.

The movie begins with a review of the 2000 Florida election recall. After Moore feels he's made his point (and he makes a great one about how cowardly our racist senators are) that Bush's presidency is illegitimate, he moves on to illustrate all the ways the Bushes are deeply connected to the bin Laden family. What he never proves is how the bin Laden family is in cahoots with black sheep Osama. His only shred of evidence is that bin Laden went to one wedding where other family members were, but Moore plays this like it's all the evidence anyone ever needs. To me, this ain't much. I go to weddings with relatives I can't stand, too. We ain't in cahoots about nothing. Hell, we can't even agree on who gets to stuff the leftover shrimp down his pants. The only truly damning evidence here is in Bush's decision to let the bin Laden's fly out of the US right after 9/11. But this isn't news; it's a repeat of dozens of newspaper articles. What Moore fails to point out in all of this is that we've had a dirty relationship with the Saudis for a hell of a lot longer than the Bushes have been in politics. We've turned a blind eye to the evil of the Saudis since before Nixon.

In its second half, Fahrenheit 9/11 contains almost purely anecdotal information about the war in Iraq. Mothers, soldiers and regular citizens recount what they've seen and experienced. The point is that war is hell; and that's a pretty fucking cheap maneuver by Moore. I think all of us who've blown the heads off their GI Joe dolls with M-80s know it. Anecdotal information plays on emotion and isn't the basis of a sound argument about a battle that's a shitload bigger than a few stories. I mean, you could have found grieving mothers who would have said they opposed WWI, WWII and probably even the Revolution. Grief in itself doesn't make a war wrong. Showing dead bodies doesn't get to the root of why this war is even more hell than any other. This is a fucked up war we shouldn't be in, I agree, but regurgitating graphic footage of injured soldiers and children doesn't prove that. Moore preys on our squeamishness.

Moore tries to blame the creepiness of Army recruiters and lousy housing in Flint, MI, on Bush. He lost me. As far as I know, Army recruiters have been creepy at least since I was in high school. Lousy housing existed in Flint in Roger and Me and Bush wasn't president then.

The problem with Moore's approach isn't what he presents, or even what he believes. Although, I think his approach of just piling on whatever he thinks smokes like a gun is lazy and disservices any focused attack. My real problem with the approach is what he leaves out. It's obvious even to me--a guy who gets his political news from "Peanuts" reprints (and only the color ones on Sunday)--that he ignores all facts and evidence that might counter the argument he's determined to make. The result is propaganda for people who already agree with him, but won't change the minds of anyone whose mind you'd want to change. The people who disagree will continue to disagree, because Moore does nothing to counter their arguments. The movie would be a shitload more effective if it were focused on disproving conservative myths instead of creating a whole slew of liberal ones via implication.

That's what I'd like to see. A movie that doesn't pander to the NPR totebag crowds shuttling edamame home to their mud-compact homes in V-4 Saabs. One that has an answer every time the SUV-driving, fried-children-eating, baby-seal-beating Republicans say "But what aboutÖ" In stead we get a movie meant to make liberals feel good about himself.

Now if I hear one more jackass say "Everyone should see this movie," I'm gonna kick him (or her) in the nuts. What they mean is, "Everyone should see this because I'm right and you should be forced to agree with me. Oh yeah, and I'm an asshole." Sure, everyone should see this, and everyone should read Bill O'Reilly's books too. You're a pompous ass if you think everyone should see it just because its what you believe. Only people who want to should see it. And they should see it as part of a much larger curriculum. You should know enough to make up your own mind, not let Michael Moore do it for you.

Two Fingers for Fahrenheit 9/11. I hate Bush, but I have better reasons than this.

Ally_Kat
06-29-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by diamondD
Enjoy the #1 rating this week because I just got back from a sneak preview of Spider Man 2 and it kicks ass! Moore's film will probably do top 10 this week and then sink like a rock.

I'm going Wed. :D

diamondD
06-29-2004, 07:37 AM
You'll love it being a New Yorker! :)

It's one of the few sequels that stacks up to the original. I think it might even be better!

BITEYOASS
06-29-2004, 12:40 PM
Fuck that movie! I'm gonna see "White chicks"!

Keeyth
06-29-2004, 02:15 PM
or to impressionable teenage America. Admit it, the majority of people going to see this are going to be between the ages of 13 and 25. Now, a good part of those from 20-25 might have the good sense to come to conclusions on their own, but we all know the teenagers will believe anything they see or are told, especially in media form, and especially if it's from someone of celebrity status.

And I don't care what side you are on, we should really push for them to become curious and investigate on their own both sides, and not just something that is put in a movie.

Oh, we DO encourage them to become curious... ...because we KNOW what they will find once they start asking questions... ...and as I said earlier, the movie will help them by pushing them to go find some of the answers it poses... ...as yet, I have heard no legitimate answers to those questions here.

Ally_Kat
06-29-2004, 02:17 PM
You'll love it being a New Yorker! :)

It's one of the few sequels that stacks up to the original. I think it might even be better!

I'm still trying to figure out where the subway fight scene is suppose to take place because it looks like Manhattan, but Manhattan has no el trains. It might be the Bronx. Not too sure.

And damn straight I love it -- they filmed in Sunnyside/Long Island City and here in good ol' Glendale. The shots of Peter trying to get the bus and there's the arch behind him -- that's the 7 train and I pass it nearly every day. The cemetary they used in the last shot of the first is the cemetary across the street from me.

Lots of movies are shot in New York, but not a lot of blockbusters in the part of Queens where I live :D

Ally_Kat
06-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Oh, we DO encourage them to become curious... ...because we KNOW what they will find once they start asking questions... ...and as I said earlier, the movie will help them by pushing them to go find some of the answers it poses... ...as yet, I have heard no legitimate answers to those questions here.

And i wont have full argument til this fall when the prof forces me to watch it in class. You don't think I'm going to go pay Mr. Moore's expensive Manhattan rent, do you?

And no, they won't go investigate on their own. It'll be just like the kiddies telling me no one should own a gun after BFC. All they saw was the movie and then decided to hold a movie night and get other people to watch the movie. They think the movie holds all the answers, and it doesn't.

Keeyth
06-29-2004, 02:33 PM

What he never proves is how the bin Laden family is in cahoots with black sheep Osama. His only shred of evidence is that bin Laden went to one wedding where other family members were, but Moore plays this like it's all the evidence anyone ever needs. To me, this ain't much. I go to weddings with relatives I can't stand, too. We ain't in cahoots about nothing.

The only truly damning evidence here is in Bush's decision to let the bin Laden's fly out of the US right after 9/11. But this isn't news; it's a repeat of dozens of newspaper articles.

Two Fingers for Fahrenheit 9/11. I hate Bush, but I have better reasons than this.

O.K. first off: You said it yourself "Black Sheep". Sure, you go to weddings with people you can't stand, but you're not the 'Black Sheep' of your family, are you? Supposedly they have cut all ties with Osama, yet he still seems to have much of the family fortune in his corner, AND he's attending family functions. Not really what I'd call a Black Sheep.

Second, sure, it's a repeat of dozens of newpaper articles, but it's a repeat of articles that have gone largely ignored by the mainstream media, which is largley just a parrot for the Bush Administration, focusing on what they are told to focus on. Again, you said it yourself: It's DAMNING evidence.

Same thing with the election being illegitimate. That's a pretty big deal to me. A fucking sitting president nobody elected? HELLO?? WTF???

McFly??? *knock* *knock* Hello McFly??!?!??

You know, you actually come off as someone who doesn't really know WHAT side of the fence you're on...

...but thank you for making some very good points, even if you didn't see the signifigance of them.;)

diamondD
06-29-2004, 09:08 PM
Actually, Keeyth, if you read what I posted, it was a review of the movie and not neccessarily my words. I just thought the guy made a good point about how I don't need you to tell me I need to go see this movie. I'm not providing Michael Moore with one dime of my money.

And as far as the election goes, I'll tell you the same thing I have told FORD many times, IT'S FUCKING OVER. QUIT CRYING ABOUT IT. Al Gore even got over it, or appeared to until he started throwing tantrums in his speeches lately. Nobody elected? Then why was it so close. Get over your denial and get with reality.

And as I've stated here many times, I'm not a registered Dem or Rep and I vote the person every time. Like Chris Rock said, anyone who has his mind pre-made up is a damn fool.

Warham
06-29-2004, 09:37 PM
Bush WAS elected. They fucking recounted the votes several times and Bush came out ahead in every one. It took the fucking Supreme Court to stop all the fucking recounts before Gore's people had enough opportunities to pop enough holes and get more hanging chads in the ballots for him to finally win after what would have probably been ten + recounts.

rustoffa
06-29-2004, 10:40 PM

Second, sure, it's a repeat of dozens of newpaper articles, but it's a repeat of articles that have gone largely ignored by the mainstream media, which is largley just a parrot for the Bush Administration, focusing on what they are told to focus on. Again, you said it yourself: It's DAMNING evidence.

Same thing with the election being illegitimate. That's a pretty big deal to me. A fucking sitting president nobody elected? HELLO?? WTF???

McFly??? *knock* *knock* Hello McFly??!?!??

You know, you actually come off as someone who doesn't really know WHAT side of the fence you're on...

...but thank you for making some very good points, even if you didn't see the signifigance of them.;)

"Buried facts" are nothing new bro. Politcal strong-arming is not exclusive to George Bush, "The Right" , or any spin-doctored version thereof. There's a plethora of viable "documentary" projects just begging to be made. Afghan rebels, Tibet, Nicaragua....Moore could excercise his comedic genius to the fullest on one-half of the Carter administration alone. Here's an idea: Disregarding all agenda-based motivation, Michael Moore and Oliver Stone score some bolivian flake and dive headlong into the long-forgotten "Whitewater Investigation".
Don't hold your breath.

Keeyth
06-30-2004, 01:08 PM

And as far as the election goes, I'll tell you the same thing I have told FORD many times, IT'S FUCKING OVER. QUIT CRYING ABOUT IT. Al Gore even got over it, or appeared to until he started throwing tantrums in his speeches lately. Nobody elected? Then why was it so close. Get over your denial and get with reality.

Get OVER IT?????!?!!? A person illegally fixes an election, and steals the presidency due to his brothers actions and his daddys power, and just because he got away with it we should just FORGET about it??? HELLO???? ??? DO YOU FUCKING HEAR WHAT YOU'RE SAYING?????

No, it will NEVER be all right to do that, even if it is over. The fact remains. he's still a criminal. If he had killed a person in 2000, he's still a murderer in 2004. That would be the case with any man and any crime.

No, I'm sorry, just because you sheep didn't stand up to him and are to afraid to face reality, does not mean I have to get over the fact that he LOST that election. It was NOT close. The recounts showed it, until 'Daddy' helped stop that recount.

If you want the truth, your buddy Michael Moore spells out exactly how it happened in 'Stupid White Men', since you're too simple to go and actually look up the congressional documents and facts yourselves....

Get over it... ...MY ASS!! This is America you are letting get stolen from you. WAKE UP!!!

distortion9
06-30-2004, 06:35 PM
Shit no! Not paying to see that bullshit. I will buy a boot so I can argue all his "facts", but Moore's not getting one penny from me.

Main Entry: pro·pa·gan·da
Pronunciation: "prä-p&-'gan-d&, "prO-
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin, from Congregatio de propaganda fide Congregation for propagating the faith, organization established by Pope Gregory XV died 1623
1 capitalized : a congregation of the Roman curia having jurisdiction over missionary territories and related institutions
2 : the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person
3 : ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause; also : a public action having such an effect

Main Entry: 1doc·u·men·ta·ry
Pronunciation: "dä-ky&-'men-t&-rE, -'men-trE
Function: adjective
1 : being or consisting of documents : contained or certified in writing <documentary evidence>
2 : of, relating to, or employing documentation in literature or art; broadly : FACTUAL, OBJECTIVE <a documentary film of the war>

Keeyth
06-30-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by distortion9
Shit no! Not paying to see that bullshit. I will buy a boot so I can argue all his "facts", but Moore's not getting one penny from me.

Main Entry: pro·pa·gan·da
Pronunciation: "prä-p&-'gan-d&, "prO-
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin, from Congregatio de propaganda fide Congregation for propagating the faith, organization established by Pope Gregory XV died 1623
1 capitalized : a congregation of the Roman curia having jurisdiction over missionary territories and related institutions
2 : the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person
3 : ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause; also : a public action having such an effect

Main Entry: 1doc·u·men·ta·ry
Pronunciation: "dä-ky&-'men-t&-rE, -'men-trE
Function: adjective
1 : being or consisting of documents : contained or certified in writing <documentary evidence>
2 : of, relating to, or employing documentation in literature or art; broadly : FACTUAL, OBJECTIVE <a documentary film of the war>

And your crybaby whiny-assed opinion would be...??

Again, I'm trying to imagine you with a personality.

distortion9
06-30-2004, 08:00 PM

LOL....WTF? Exactly how am I a "crybaby whiny-ass?"

Oh and go suck some Moore cock! How's that for personaliity?

BigBadBrian
06-30-2004, 08:30 PM

Who the fuck are you? I took a little vacation and some little snot nosed prick shows up. I'm gonna bloody your fucking nose just like my buddy John Ashcroft has obviously done. Move over FORD, the LOSER BENCH is getting another bitch. :gulp:

diamondD
07-01-2004, 02:38 AM
Get OVER IT?????!?!!? A person illegally fixes an election, and steals the presidency due to his brothers actions and his daddys power, and just because he got away with it we should just FORGET about it??? HELLO???? ??? DO YOU FUCKING HEAR WHAT YOU'RE SAYING?????

No, it will NEVER be all right to do that, even if it is over. The fact remains. he's still a criminal. If he had killed a person in 2000, he's still a murderer in 2004. That would be the case with any man and any crime.

No, I'm sorry, just because you sheep didn't stand up to him and are to afraid to face reality, does not mean I have to get over the fact that he LOST that election. It was NOT close. The recounts showed it, until 'Daddy' helped stop that recount.

If you want the truth, your buddy Michael Moore spells out exactly how it happened in 'Stupid White Men', since you're too simple to go and actually look up the congressional documents and facts yourselves....

Get over it... ...MY ASS!! This is America you are letting get stolen from you. WAKE UP!!!

Ok, I'll ask, just because I love to hear the tin-foil beanie wearing responses, why did Al Gore concede if he had any kind of legal bearing?

Because he lost and he knew it. ;)

Ally_Kat
07-01-2004, 01:58 PM

Spiderman's wed opening $40,500,000 / 1

F9/11 as it stands now $35,714,000 / 8

And I didn't get to see it :( I hate my friends and their double-standards

FORD
07-01-2004, 02:43 PM
Thing is, you really can't do a direct comparison of Spiderman to F9-11. Spiderman is a major studio, big budget movie that was pre-scheduled for a massive release 6 months ago or more.

F9-11 is a documentary which didn't even have a distributor 6 weeks ago thanks to Michael Eisner's selfishness and right wing bias. Documentaries are never expected to outsell the Hollywood blockbusters. The fact that it DID blow away several other movies at the box office, while playing in only a third of the theaters, is nothing short of phenomenal. Even if you choose to remain a blind Busheep and accuse Moore of being a "propagandist" while watching the documented LIARS (and pornographers) of FAUX News, you can't deny the mathematical facts of F-911's success :)

lucky wilbury
07-01-2004, 03:08 PM
you can compare them. they are both not based in reality

Guitar Shark
07-01-2004, 03:10 PM
I think Moore should play Spiderman in the next movie. They could call it "Shelob"

Ally_Kat
07-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury

Damnot, you stole my answer! :mad: :p

lucky wilbury
07-01-2004, 04:17 PM
:D

Keeyth
07-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Who the fuck are you? I took a little vacation and some little snot nosed prick shows up. I'm gonna bloody your fucking nose just like my buddy John Ashcroft has obviously done. Move over FORD, the LOSER BENCH is getting another bitch. :gulp:

You're back from vacation huh? Maybe you should go back again, 'cuz you still sound like you're out to fucking LUNCH!!:D

Keeyth
07-01-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury

Gotta hand it to ya. That was funny!:D

Inaccurate, but funny...;)