X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

slayer guitarist dies

Just over two years after contracting a rare skin tissue disease, Slayer guitarist and songwriter Jeff Hanneman died on Thursday from liver failure at a hospital near his home in Southern California's Inland Empire area.
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

That's fucked up...

Comment

• Satan
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Oh.... so that's what all that noise was coming from the waiting room.
      Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
      I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Slayer guitarist and founding member Jeff Hanneman died earlier today of liver failure. He was 49.

"Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11AM this morning near his Southern California home," the band's longtime publicist said in a statement. "Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure."

Hanneman co-founded the thrash metal greats with Kerry King in 1981; their breakthrough came in 1986 with the brutalist album "Reign in Blood." Hanneman wrote or co-wrote the set's standout tracks, "Angel of Death" and "Raining Blood."

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

have fun down there
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Satan
            will you send us sound clips of him and dimebag rippin' it up?

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Comment

• SNIPER
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

Fuck! Now they will never have a good album.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Yesterday, thrash metal gods Slayer posted an open letter to fans regarding the ill health of guitarist Jeff Hanneman, who suffered a spider bite last year that eventually left him in a medically induced coma, from which he was slowly recovering. Sadly, today, Hanneman passed away at age 49 of liver failure. The band’s publicist issued the following statement:

Slayer is devastated to inform that their bandmate and brother, Jeff Hanneman, passed away at about 11AM this morning near his Southern California home. He was 49. Hanneman was in an area hospital when he suffered liver failure. He is survived by his wife Kathy, his sister Kathy and his brothers Michael and Larry, and will be sorely missed.

It’s no exaggeration to say that Slayer are one of the most important bands in the history of metal if not American rock music, period. They were also one of the few metal bands to remain vital well into middle age. The loss of Hanneman is a significant one. Just terrible, sad news. RIP.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

I can't believe it. This is so....I dunno...sad day.

Comment

• katina
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Satan
                        R.I.P. Jeff Hanneman

Hell Awaits

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                          I can't believe it. This is so....I dunno...sad day.

Saw this while at work & wanted to get here as soon as I could to commiserate with my friends & fellow fans.

Rest in peace Jeff. Can't thank you enough for the songs. Most aggressive music I've ever heard & was perfect when I was in a pissed mood or wanted to kick someones ass.

One great memory I have of Jeff was back in the 80's when they opened for Judas Priest. A time when Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, etc fans in high school were all about looking the part. Yet I would still wear my beach clothes & surf t-shirts. Jeff was wearing a long sleeve Local Motion surf shop t-shirt on stage. HAHA! Validation!! If the heaviest MoFo of all time can wear it then so can I. I remember it to this day. Will never forget.

See you south of heaven bro! I'll bring some ice cold Heineken's for ya!!

(still my all time favorite T-shirt logo)

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• WARF
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

R.I.P. Jeff Henneman

I shall play slayer all night in your honor!

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                              R.I.P. Jeff Henneman

I shall play slayer all night in your honor!
                              FUCK YEAH!

SLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...