• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jack68
    Commando
    • Sep 2004

Wings over america/Rockshow reissue

http://wogew.blogspot.com/2011/06/mc...-schedule.html

McCartneys putting some nice effort into remastering and reissuing his stuff.
    "Avant Garde is French for bullshit.”
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I remember video taping this show off of Showtime in the late '80s. I either misplaced it or erased it. That will be a nice thing to have on DVD.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

I have this burned from laser disc to dvd. Great show. That was a good band. It had some sync problems throughout though. I wonder if they fixed them. Some of this was also on a McCartney video box set. White cover.

Comment

• Jack68
        Commando
        • Sep 2004

I agree best lineup of Wings.My buddy had the concert on betamax from the tv airing commercials and all....
        "Avant Garde is French for bullshit.”

Comment

• Green Manalishi
          Head Fluffer
          • Jul 2010

I still have my " Wings Over America " multi-live album with huge wall poster still intact . Gosh , I haven't listened to it in ages . Killer tunes on there . Makes you appreciate what a truly prolific songwriter Paul McCartney was in his prime .
          I can remember going to a Midnight Madness movie showing of Wings Over America/Rockshow at the Varsity Theatre in the late '70's . I'm sure it was just another juvenile exscuse to smoke pot . Aaahhh , the good ol' daze.....
          Last edited by Green Manalishi; 05-03-2013, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

That may be the best concert ever broadcast on TV...

At least up to that time...

Comment

Working...