Mustang 3.7 V6 in the 12's!!

• ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

That's some killer performance from a normally aspirated V6 in such a big car...

American cars kick ass...

Comment

• Dan
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Golden In A Holden.
        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
          That's some killer performance from a normally aspirated V6 in such a big car...

American cars kick ass...

The new fuel injected V6's have as much horsepower and torque as the old small block V8's with carburetors. I know a car dealer and he has the hardest time moving half ton pickups with a V6. They have all the torque and horsepower of a pre-fuel injection V8 but truck guys want a big engine. That's why the Dodge V10 gimmick was successful.

Another way you get performance is to cut the weight. It's thrust to weight so you don't need the big engine if you are light.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Hard to cut weight when cars have to meet side impact standards and have front and rear crush zones. All the little bullshit gadgets add weight, too. Moving to aluminum will cut weight but add cost.

I thought Ford was going to have a hard time selling the Ecoboost trucks to traditional truck buyers who prefer V8's but supposedly they are selling well.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

The Ecoboost is great in theory, but they are having major issues with it. They will get it worked out. Also, it's getting nowhere near the MPG they claim.

The Ram will be the first half ton pickup with Diesel power later this year.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

The worst thing about the Ecoboost is the name...

But turbo engines are not maintenence free like modern NA engines virtually are...

Turbo motors are the thing right now because they make tons of power and sip gas, but that comes at a price...

I've changed turbos on a couple late model Beetles recently, so I'm ready for the turbo failures that are sure to come when people refuse to maintain their car properly...

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Supercharge is mo betta than turbocharge.

Mine is fast enough to get me into trouble. That works for me.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

The impressive thing about the 3.7 is it's not turbo or supercharged...

But a Supercharger really makes the Mustang V6 badass, as seen below...

Comment

• Von Halen
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

The worst thing about the Ecoboost is the name...

But turbo engines are not maintenence free like modern NA engines virtually are...

Turbo motors are the thing right now because they make tons of power and sip gas, but that comes at a price...

I've changed turbos on a couple late model Beetles recently, so I'm ready for the turbo failures that are sure to come when people refuse to maintain their car properly...

I agree, but the Ecoboost issues are happening to low mileage engines.

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

The impressive thing about the 3.7 is it's not turbo or supercharged...

But a Supercharger really makes the Mustang V6 badass, as seen below...

Badass, but if I were to buy a Shelby, I'm buying the 662 HP V8!

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

No shit.

The only non-V8 Shelby I'd buy would be one of the old turbo Dodges. Saw a CSX in the car corral at the Auburn auction a few years ago...pops talked me out of it.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
                            I agree, but the Ecoboost issues are happening to low mileage engines.
                            Good, I'll fix it...

But yeah, they're having all kinds of problems from software to who know's what...

I haven't had to delve into it, yet...

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Hey, Chrysler seems to have their new V6 cylinder head problems figured out...

BTW, I'm a Mopar guy posting FORD threads for those who don't know...

And I don't currently own any Mopars...

Comment

Working...