X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Musician v. The French

Bit of a harsh title, should be v. A Studio Audience as you see them do dumb stuff like this all the time in all countries.

I really enjoyed this. Harry Connick, Jr. is playing on a TV show and the audience decides to clap on the 1st and 3rd beat of the bar totally fucking things up. You can see him grimacing plus he knows he has his band coming in and it could all go to tits.

At around 00:40 he improvises adding a beat so plays in 5/4 before returning to 4/4. It's a thing of sublime class.

Best of all is you can just see the reaction of the drummer in the background at 00:43...

Can't embed so here is the YouTube link - http://youtu.be/yD3iaURppQw
  • Sarge
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

That must have been a pain in the ass!
    The drummers reaction was great.
    I would have been completely messed up,
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• conmee
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Mar 2003

That was très cool as the French would say....

Icon©®™
      An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
      hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

Have to admit it, apart from some classical stuff and a few pop or rock exceptions, music isn't the French's field,
        and most of my fellow coutry folks have absolutely no musical ear... and wcan't help clapping their hands, which is
        a dumb thing in general, I concur - and offbeat, at that!

Connick and his band were classy there indeed! Hats off to them!
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

Working...