PDA

View Full Version : WTF - One Hospital Charges $8k, Another $38k...?!

FORD
05-10-2013, 10:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLki28hwmlw

Romeo Delight
05-10-2013, 08:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLki28hwmlw

I have had the pleasure of being treated very well in a Wash state hospital recently (thank goodness I had insurance)

My observation on what ails your system? No revelation, but there is too much spent on everything. It has become a spending machine

Even the tensor bandage was state of the art...with velcro instead of those oh so ancient ones that require a clip or two to stay in place.:rolleyes:

If a tensor bandage does the job and is 1/2 the price, all is good, no? Money can and should be sent on MRI machines, etc so people get treated quickly, but there needs to be reason applied.

Igosplut
05-11-2013, 02:04 AM
I've had the pleasure of being stitched up a few times in the emergency room. You had to pay, and they were always pissed because it was fight/self inflicted (as they saw it). They always treated you like shit, like you were wasting their time....

sadaist
05-11-2013, 10:57 AM
I've had the pleasure of being stitched up a few times in the emergency room. You had to pay, and they were always pissed because it was fight/self inflicted (as they saw it). They always treated you like shit, like you were wasting their time....

Yeah dude. Their job is to fix it...not interrogate or judge. Been in the same position a lot, just not for stitches.

sadaist
05-11-2013, 11:01 AM
I have had the pleasure of being treated very well in a Wash state hospital recently (thank goodness I had insurance)

My observation on what ails your system? No revelation, but there is too much spent on everything. It has become a spending machine

Even the tensor bandage was state of the art...with velcro instead of those oh so ancient ones that require a clip or two to stay in place.:rolleyes:

If a tensor bandage does the job and is 1/2 the price, all is good, no? Money can and should be sent on MRI machines, etc so people get treated quickly, but there needs to be reason applied.

They have to charge $25 for a band-aid to the 1 person who pays for it to make up for all the hundreds of times they don't get paid for it. They also have too many administrators & paper pushers wasting money & sucking a paycheck. Inefficiency at its worst. One thing I will neve slam is a good doctors salary. They earned that and deserve that. The problem is a lot of them get lazy & just think being a doctor is spending 3 minutes with a person and choosing which drug to give them based off of what the cutest drug rep girl is saying.