PDA

View Full Version : "Everybody up!" Who loves Dave ?!?

ELVIS
05-18-2013, 01:07 PM
I was just thinking... (no comment)

And I've been reminded on occasion...

And I was thinking some more...

That the LOVE for Dave that is obviously emanating from most of us may not always be reaching the screens around the world...or Dave himself, for that matter...

I for one am positively guilty of not sending out the most positive messages...;)

But I stand by my sober comments and I feel I'm pretty fair most of the time, not to mention that Dave personally asked us to "come and judge us harshly, please", so naturally, I obliged...

But this time I'd like to send some real LOVE and positive energy towards Dave, Van Halen and ALL of us in and around this place...

I do fucking love Van Halen and and I'd like to extend a Thanks to Dave for still being there and making us all smile...

:elvis:

PETE'S BROTHER
05-18-2013, 01:09 PM
yeah, me too :yo:

Anonymous
05-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Who?

Well, I personally don't believe in "projecting" positive or negative "energy", but I would like to echo your last line & to thank Dave for showing everyone that keeping a positive attitude, sometimes kinda does pay off in the end, sort of.

Thanks, Dave. For all your Diamond persona gave to the world of entertainment.

Cheers! :beers:

ELVIS
05-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Well, I personally don't believe in "projecting" positive or negative "energy"...

You obviously never had a puppy...;)

78/84 guy
05-18-2013, 01:41 PM

That the LOVE for Dave that is obviously emanating from most of us may not always be reaching the screens around the world...or Dave himself, for that matter...

I for one am positively guilty of not sending out the most positive messages...;)

But I stand by my sober comments and I feel I'm pretty fair most of the time, not to mention that Dave personally asked us to "come and judge us harshly, please", so naturally, I obliged...

But this time I'd like to send some real LOVE and positive energy towards Dave, Van Halen and ALL of us in and around this place...

I do fucking love Van Halen and and I'd like to extend a Thanks to Dave for still being there and making us all smile...

BRILLIANT ! Our rock hero's can't stay young forever but most of them are still pretty good ! I think Van Halen qualifies.

Southpaw
05-18-2013, 02:06 PM
Lovin everything DLR since '81... Roth on !

atomicpnk47
05-18-2013, 03:38 PM
To the Toastmaster General :sign0011:

DLR Bridge
05-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Well put Elvis, even though I'd like to cuff you once in the back of the head. Well put. :yo:

Calderone
05-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Dave's just kick ass , i love the guy !

Coyote
05-18-2013, 08:09 PM
My outlook on life (or my taste in music) would be a whole lot more beige if I hadn't stumbled upon The Toastmaster Generals kickass-Zen attitude.

Thank you, Dave. :yo:

Zing!
05-18-2013, 08:11 PM
You feelin okay, E?

ashstralia
05-18-2013, 08:15 PM
read the book, listen to the music, try to live the life.

:yo:

DLR Bridge
05-18-2013, 08:38 PM
You feelin okay, E?

Seriously, will this become his new avatar?

Northern Girl
05-18-2013, 08:47 PM
Seriously, will this become his new avatar?

Try that again! Use Go Advanced so you can preview your post before you submit!

DLR Bridge
05-18-2013, 08:53 PM
I did and I saw the pic. This is only happening lately. In any case, it was a picture of Elvis Patterson. A man not of E's favorite persuasion. :biggrin:

DLR Bridge
05-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Does this woik?

Ahh, you were right NG. I'm such a noob.

Zing!
05-18-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm on board with everything Elvis said (that has to be a first!) Dave somehow did the impossible and made himself as cool and interesting to my middle aged self as he was to my teenaged self. Quite an accomplishment when you look at all the rock stars from time immemorial who failed to age gracefully. I love Dave, mainly because I dig interesting people and he continues to fascinate me in a way Sam Haggar never will.

DLR Bridge
05-18-2013, 09:37 PM
Spot on Zing.

ZahZoo
05-19-2013, 06:41 PM
This thread has some weird posthumous feel to it... Who the fuck died?

He was a good man... blah blah blah

I think y'all missed the belligerently enthusiastic bus...

Sensible Shoes
05-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Elvis has been replaced by his not so evil twin.

ELVIS
05-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Bitch who fucks guys and then they die says what ??

;)

Diamondjimi
05-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Elvis has been replaced by his not so evil twin.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.... ;)
:lol:

ELVIS
05-19-2013, 08:23 PM
ELVIS doesn't do drugs, dope...

Sensible Shoes
05-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Bitch who fucks guys and then they die says what ?? ;)

Bitch was actually saying something nice about you for a change.

Terry
05-19-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm grateful Van Halen are still around, critical as I can be about them at times. Roth has provided a lot of entertainment for a lot of years now, and I think it's great he's still out doing it.

VAiN
05-19-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm on board with everything Elvis said (that has to be a first!) Dave somehow did the impossible and made himself as cool and interesting to my middle aged self as he was to my teenaged self. Quite an accomplishment when you look at all the rock stars from time immemorial who failed to age gracefully. I love Dave, mainly because I dig interesting people and he continues to fascinate me in a way Sam Haggar never will.

Yes, yes & HELL YES!! I've loved VH since I was 10 years old in 1984.. it didn't take long to understand that what I loved about them was the swagger.. the over the top rock & roll attitude! They did it right, and IMO, that was all Dave's direction and vision. Thank you, The Mighty DLR... I would not be the same person today without him - that's for sure.

ELVIS
05-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Bitch was actually saying something nice about you for a change.

And I was only kidding...

Heater
05-20-2013, 12:33 AM
....but the slidy floor section on the stage.......and the cha-cha two scoot kadoo moves.....and almost mocking these once great songs with his screechy, shrill....singing, i guess it is called.......Unchained, no better song by ANYBODY to open a show....that guitar riff is lethal!....and here comes the POSEmaster General....."singing"....."I cayn nawt git thar from heah.....doing what he can to chop the nuts right off it.
"Judge us---- harshly". Can do Dave, can do.

ELVIS
05-20-2013, 07:46 AM
:biggrin:

Thorman
05-20-2013, 11:18 PM
Imapus licker.....CVH is Sam and Ed....no discussion needed...album sales, tours profits, excitement generated....Dave is a ball licker in ass less pantsmuch like Imapus

ELVIS
05-20-2013, 11:31 PM
Go fuck yourself and your dead mother...

flappo
05-21-2013, 04:44 AM
pass the sick bag

has elvis been on the babycham again ?

Anonymous
05-21-2013, 07:36 AM
Who's this fuck & why has he singled me out like this?

Bah, he's obviously not very bright. Or interesting.

VAiN
05-21-2013, 08:24 AM
:popcorn:

DLR Bridge
05-21-2013, 09:02 AM
....but the slidy floor section on the stage.......and the cha-cha two scoot kadoo moves.....and almost mocking these once great songs with his screechy, shrill....singing, i guess it is called.......Unchained, no better song by ANYBODY to open a show....that guitar riff is lethal!....and here comes the POSEmaster General....."singing"....."I cayn nawt git thar from heah.....doing what he can to chop the nuts right off it.
"Judge us---- harshly". Can do Dave, can do.

Well, I see you decided against "changing your approach" as you had once mentioned.

It's all good. You are, in fact, giving Dave what he asks for. But remember this. People change. So it appears as though Dave has switched up or modified his style, approach and overall attitude towards the performance of these songs. So much has changed over time. He's no longer the guy envisioning that he's stomping on the heads of his grade school enemies while sticking the landing from a drum riser leap. He's out there, smiling and having a good time. So, he's switched up a bit. He's following his own lead. Showing up with a giraffe print body suit and a wrestler haircut with a bottle of Jack and a shit eatin' grin would be following the lead only of those completely stuck in the pasture.

While I'm not personally a fan of the high range stuff, as many aren't, I'm totally down with enjoying the predominant good and not dwelling on the sporadic bad that comes our way.

It's all good.

As Is motha fucka!

TFM_Dale
05-21-2013, 09:10 AM
Who's this fuck & why has he singled me out like this?

Bah, he's obviously not very bright. Or interesting.

It thinks you are sexy.

chefcraig
05-21-2013, 10:08 AM
It thinks you are sexy.

Say it ain't so...Imapus is really Rod Stewart? Christ, yet another illusion shattered to pieces. :duh:

Angel
05-21-2013, 10:15 AM
Say it ain't so...Imapus is really Rod Stewart? Christ, yet another illusion shattered to pieces. :duh:

Oh God...don't tell my Mom! She's had a thing for Rod for years!!!

Anonymous
05-21-2013, 10:20 AM
I'm afraid to ask, but what were your illusions about me, "Chef"?

Have your mom call me, Angel... Is she as feisty as you?

chefcraig
05-21-2013, 10:55 AM
I'm afraid to ask, but what were your illusions about me, "Chef"?

Have your mom call me, Angel... Is she as feisty as you?

Mainly that you were not Rod. Man, I loved those early solo albums with Ron Wood and them Faces albums. Yet somewhere around the mid 1970s, he completely lost the plot and has never fully recovered. Bless his soul, even Ronnie Lane noticed the change and quit the group, thus ending the greatest drunkenly emotive band (save The Replacements) to ever come along.

ELVIS
05-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Stop ruining my thread...:cry2:

Anonymous
05-21-2013, 11:19 AM
Actually, I am not Rod, I am Cliff Richard.

But yeah, Rod was undoubtedly one of the best ever until he somehow got hopelessly lost somewhere along the line.

Even then, he continued to earn a few bob with his sub par music.

Rod just rocks, man. He just rocks.

Anonymous
05-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Stop ruining my thread...:cry2:

We're just making it interesting, E.

Don't worry about it, we'll take good care of it.

binnie
05-21-2013, 03:07 PM

This must be the most surprising 'Coming Out' party in Rotharmy history.

I always knew you were a pussy, E :D

Anonymous
05-21-2013, 03:12 PM
If you always knew, then how is it a surprise? :headscratch:

binnie
05-21-2013, 03:17 PM
If you always knew, then how is it a surprise? :headscratch:

It was not the fact of Elvis's gayness, but it's extent, that surprised me. He's a big 'ol bull Queen :D

binnie
05-21-2013, 03:17 PM
Coincidentally, 'Big 'Ol Bull Queen' is the name of Yngwie's new record......