X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarge
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

CCR Reunion Possible?

I don't know why John would want to reunite with those guys.
    Didn't they sell the catalog without his consent?

Breasts,
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

Even if its just for the cash...he deserves it...JOHN has stuck to his guns forever.... .I'd go see 'em in heartbeat

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

John's last solo album was released by Fantasy Records (the same label that all of Creedence's albums were on) so he's clearly made peace with the label (probably not owned by the same guy who ripped him off anymore).

The album was also very much vintage CCR sounding, so I took that as a sign that he was at least making peace with his past, personally. Actually reconciling with Stu Cook and Doug Clifford as persons would be the biggest roadblock, because they personally stabbed him in the back by siding with Saul Zaentz and Fantasy Records. Tom Fogerty did as well, and sadly he died before he could reconcile with his own brother.

John Fogerty IS Creedence. He wrote most of the songs, and played lead guitar & sang lead vocals on all of them. He had every right to be pissed off about his catalog being stolen from him, not to mention that half-assed ripoff band that Stu & Cosmo have been peddling for the last decade or so, with scab guitarists/singers.

But if he's ready to make peace with those guys before somebody else dies, I'd love to say I actually got to see them play live.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I'd love to see this happen.

I'd definitely go see them.

Comment

• Igosplut
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

They actually sued him in later years for playing CCR material in concert. Said he had to pay them for it. When to court, and John won the right to play the music without paying them....
          Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• TFM_Dale
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2009

Sign me up, John solo is awesome, would love to see the reunion.

Comment

• Zing!
              Veteran
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Igosplut
              They actually sued him in later years for playing CCR material in concert. Said he had to pay them for it. When to court, and John won the right to play the music without paying them....
              I'd love to hear that argument in court.

"This is a very complicated case, Your Honor. You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous. And, uh, a lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old Stu's head. Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber. Your Honor."
              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
                Actually reconciling with Stu Cook and Doug Clifford as persons would be the biggest roadblock, because they personally stabbed him in the back by siding with Saul Zaentz and Fantasy Records. Tom Fogerty did as well, and sadly he died before he could reconcile with his own brother.

John Fogerty IS Creedence. He wrote most of the songs, and played lead guitar & sang lead vocals on all of them. He had every right to be pissed off about his catalog being stolen from him, not to mention that half-assed ripoff band that Stu & Cosmo have been peddling for the last decade or so, with scab guitarists/singers.

But if he's ready to make peace with those guys before somebody else dies, I'd love to say I actually got to see them play live.
                That's one version. I choose to believe a different version. The label chose to sue Fogerty because he was the one who made the business decisions in the band.
                As far as Jon Fogerty being Creedeence he joined the band after they formed. He might have had the talent but it was the whole band that recorded the music not just him. But he thought it was all just him. He had a swelled head and brought all that shit on himself.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

I'd watch it on youtube...

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Igosplut
                    I don't think that's exactly correct. He didn't play any Creedence songs for years to avoid paying royalties to the legal owners. Then they sued him because his album sounded like Creedance. I think he won that one. I'm not sure why he started playing Creedance songs again but I'll check it out.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      That's one version. I choose to believe a different version. The label chose to sue Fogerty because he was the one who made the business decisions in the band.
                      As far as Jon Fogerty being Creedeence he joined the band after they formed. He might have had the talent but it was the whole band that recorded the music not just him. But he thought it was all just him. He had a swelled head and brought all that shit on himself.

Believe what you want. I'll let the music do the talking......

Exhibit A - Scab "Creedence"

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Exhibit B - John Fogerty and a random backing band assembled just for this gig

Now mixing issues of the sound all aside, just listen to the damn performance and tell me who sounds like the authentic Creedence.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

That was a long fucking time ago...

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

This sounds like CCR...

Comment

• ELVIS