Revolver/Guitar World Rock N Roll Roast of Dee Snider PART 1

• Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Karma86
      Groupie
      • Jan 2013

Always a fan of Dee an company. Twisted Sister has been a favorite of mine since 1984 I saw them here in Minny at Harriet Island. They opened for Ronnie James Dio talk about great shows couldn't decide who I liked more! So a good roast on Dee gotta love it!

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

I saw that same Last In Line tour with Twisted Sister opening, and make no bones about it: Dio fucking blew Twisted Sister off the stage.

Snider has always had an overblown sense of his own importance re: rock music, and Twisted Sister were a jag-off gimmick band who had their 15 minutes piggybacking on a couple of music videos playing up a cartoonish, clown metal image that only the most dimwitted teen could find credible, much less menacing.

I mean, it was quite laughable that the PMRC would even bother to publicize these dopes as a threat to the morals of American youth.

To give them their due, Twisted Sister had their moment in the spotlight. More than most will, but then again so did Quiet Riot, yet neither of them are among the best rock groups of all time.

Just because something was a successful fad doesn't mean it was actually any good.

Fuckin' Dee Snider. Pathetic.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• SilvioDante
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
          I saw that same Last In Line tour with Twisted Sister opening, and make no bones about it: Dio fucking blew Twisted Sister off the stage.

Snider has always had an overblown sense of his own importance re: rock music, and Twisted Sister were a jag-off gimmick band who had their 15 minutes piggybacking on a couple of music videos playing up a cartoonish, clown metal image that only the most dimwitted teen could find credible, much less menacing.

I mean, it was quite laughable that the PMRC would even bother to publicize these dopes as a threat to the morals of American youth.

To give them their due, Twisted Sister had their moment in the spotlight. More than most will, but then again so did Quiet Riot, yet neither of them are among the best rock groups of all time.

Just because something was a successful fad doesn't mean it was actually any good.

Fuckin' Dee Snider. Pathetic.
          I gotta agree here. I love how in the VH1 docs about metal, he tends to trash the "W" bands (Warrant, Winger, White Lion) and others. Like he was carrying the flag for true, non commercial, rebellious hard rock and heavy metal.

He completely forgets to mention "Love is for Suckers". Man that thing sucked and DEFINED commercial sellout. "Leader of the Pack"??? Come ON!

If they weren't from New York, if MTV had more than 10 hard rock videos at the time, and if they hadn't got Neidermeyer for their video, they would have gotten no bigger than Sleeze Beez.
          "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I saw them support Alice Cooper a few years ago.

Dee was a good enough front man(although hard on the eyes) but they only have about 15 minutes of material the rest of their songs are no thought fillers.

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by SilvioDante
              ...they would have gotten no bigger than Sleeze Beez.
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                Veteran
                • Jun 2005

He completely forgets to mention "Love is for Suckers". Man that thing sucked and DEFINED commercial sellout. "Leader of the Pack"??? Come ON!
                Leader of the Pack was actually off Come Out and Play. Love Is For Suckers was actually a harder album than was Come Out and Play but that is not saying much.
                RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

"Love is for Suckers" was a completely different band too...
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• SilvioDante
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                    Leader of the Pack was actually off Come Out and Play. Love Is For Suckers was actually a harder album than was Come Out and Play but that is not saying much.
                    Originally posted by jhale667
                    "Love is for Suckers" was a completely different band too...
                    Thanks guys for the clarification.

With that being said, I couldn't be more proud for not knowing that.
                    "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                      Veteran
                      • Jun 2005

I thought the Desperado record was decent and then later Widowmaker was better but Dee's presence still overshadowed the band. I saw Widowmaker in a club in Cleveland in 93 and i was actually impressed. They kicked some serious ass live.

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Thanks guys for the clarification.

With that being said, I couldn't be more proud for not knowing that.

The only reason I know is because the guitar player... A.J. something-or-other - was supposed to be the "next big thing" at the time... it was heavier than anything else they'd ever done, but it went nowhere....

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                          Veteran
                          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by jhale667
                          The only reason I know is because the guitar player... A.J. something-or-other - was supposed to be the "next big thing" at the time... it was heavier than anything else they'd ever done, but it went nowhere....
                          Yeah, i remember the video for Hot Love being on MTV but i think that was the only release. Dee had left the band like 2 months after it was released. The title track is strong.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

I made it to the Eddie Trunk introduction...

Comment

• Karma86
                              Groupie
                              • Jan 2013

Wow I guess I know where you stand on Twisted Sister! If it wernt for Dee
                              And his house of hair a lot of the 80s hair bands dissapear. Dee brought it all back! I wasn't looking to get ripped but thanks. Yes DIO is a better artist I give you that. But as for putting on a great show they both are great. Dee deserves credit for being a great front man! The band has some good songs and I'm not talking about there mainstream shit. Under the blade is one of there best.
                              Last edited by Karma86; 05-29-2013, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Working...