• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Daft Punk: Random Access Memories

I know it's gonna be a tough sell here...but goddamn this is a good disc. Harmless catchy electro-pop. Gonna sound good loud in the car.

DLR probably digs it. Nile Rodgers chuggin' away on rhythm on the first single, Get Lucky:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5NV6Rdv1a3I?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5NV6Rdv1a3I?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.
  • Coyote
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Apparently, they employed session players on this album. Guys who worked on "Thriller", etc...

(I like this album, BTW...)
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The Paul Williams song cracks me up. All I can think of is "a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy."
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• vaijuju
        Sniper
        • Jan 2008

Number one at the US Billboard ! Good new for French people!!!
        http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

This is the album to own for the summer of 2013! Holy shit, this is a great album. It's got a great early 80's vibe, and with including Giorgio Moroder it's even more of a classic. I'm not a big fan of Pharrell either, but it just seems to work. When was the last time Niles Rodgers was in the top ten?

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Maybe the mid-90's? He's worked on so much stuff it's hard to track down.

I forgot he produced the Vaughan Brothers' Family Style. Good record.

Comment

• WARF
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

This is a pretty cool video version made from the SNL ad....

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Guy in the Plain Dealer gave the record a C! What does a white guy named Emmet Smith know, anyways?

Comment

• WARF
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

There's not a bad track on this album! I think they should make the next album (knowing DAFT PUNK's routine it should be released in 2020) with Pharell and Nile Rodgers on every track... the formula works.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Their Tron: Legacy soundtrack is good, too.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m4cgLL8JaVI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m4cgLL8JaVI?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comment

• WARF
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

I'm not really into the electronica stuff as much, I live the new album because of the live instruments and the retro early 80's feel. It's still kinda cool though.

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Killer groove on Derezzed. Good driving song.

I gotta get my old analog Roland out.

Comment

• Coyote
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                          Killer groove on Derezzed. Good driving song.

I gotta get my old analog Roland out.
                          It's a bitch to play on guitar, though...
                          Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Am not getting it , get lucky seems a bit meh.
                            Everybody kept saying when it came out this is great and you will love it and am just not feeling it.
                            Must admit I ain't heard the cd yet but will check it out .
                            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• WARF
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Check out the version with Michael Jackson singin' over it. lol

Comment

Working...