X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loucap81
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2012

Drop Dead Legs, soundcheck of St. Paul 5/19/12

I happened to see this while lurking at the Links just now. I didn't see anything about it here. All credit goes to whoever put this on YouTube.

Not exactly a perfect version of this song but still worth salivating over. It'd be nice if Dave would agree to do this finally; it's not like the vocals on this one are all that demanding.

• jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Nice. Even with the cam at the shoe-gazing level you can tell Ed's tone is HUGE...(cough, Titanium Floyd, cough)

Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

If those were my shoes, they'd be standing in a yellow puddle. Damn, it's nice to know that they realize that song deserves to be played live. C'maaawn Dave!

Comment

• Zing!
        Veteran
        • Oct 2011

I swear they (meaning WVH) said that very thing to Dave for Full Bug. "We're playing it, if you want to sing here's the lyrics.."
        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

goosepimples!!!!!!!

thank you
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

That was awesome.. first time hearing it live other than that shitty 04 bit.. it's such an underrated song
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
              C'maaawn Dave!
              Yeah...

FUCK your lousy Japanese movie clips...

Take the albums out of their sleeves...

Place them on the turntable one by one...

AND LEARN THE FUCKING SONGS...

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
                Yeah...

FUCK your lousy Japanese movie clips...
                And "The Roth Show"...

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

I almost forgot...

Comment

• loucap81
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Apr 2012

I thought I was the only one here who didn't care for any of that "holdover" stuff. Not that I need anyone to validate my opinion, but since a couple of you are talking about it I might as well chime in. I've said many times throughout the years how I just don't care about what DLR does outside of VH, especially if it's non-music related. I haven't paid attention to any of his YouTubes in the past year, but suffice it to say that even at least a couple of DLR die-hards here don't care for what he's been doing lately?

I also think it's ironic that someone who prides himself on being so well read, intelligent and having all these various interests in life, he seems awfully content to just keep doing the hits and staying in his comfort zone onstage instead of going for it with great songs like As Is. I wonder if he had to be strong armed into doing the deep cuts he did perform last year.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'm interested in the other things he's got going on. I just wish he had less time to do other things on account of being busy making up for lost time from VH. I had higher hopes (as did most everyone else I'm sure) for more optimal output from this band when the '06 reunion happened. Shoulda known better, but still...

And yes. I think Dave was chicken winged into the deep cuts. All through the solo years, he went for the staples and the hits. The big W is why we've heard the tasty tunes that have been on a shelf for decades.
                      Last edited by DLR Bridge; 06-06-2013, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Was it hang em high he had the lyrics written down near the drum riser ?
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Yeah and he probably had Girl Gone Bad written in his palm.
                          Last edited by DLR Bridge; 06-06-2013, 09:43 AM. Reason: Whoops. Wrong song.

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by loucap81
                            I thought I was the only one here who didn't care for any of that "holdover" stuff. Not that I need anyone to validate my opinion, but since a couple of you are talking about it I might as well chime in. I've said many times throughout the years how I just don't care about what DLR does outside of VH, especially if it's non-music related. I haven't paid attention to any of his YouTubes in the past year, but suffice it to say that even at least a couple of DLR die-hards here don't care for what he's been doing lately?

I also think it's ironic that someone who prides himself on being so well read, intelligent and having all these various interests in life, he seems awfully content to just keep doing the hits and staying in his comfort zone onstage instead of going for it with great songs like As Is. I wonder if he had to be strong armed into doing the deep cuts he did perform last year.
                            If it is music stuff, then I'd care what Dave was doing outside of VH. Well, if he made good music outside of VH.

I think Dave does get caught up in his comfort zone, but I also believe he would like to make some new music with VH. Not rehashed old songs, some serious new music. I believe he wants to make it, and perform it.

After all, the old stuff is the old stuff. Whether it's the hits, or the more obscure stuff. Maybe he thinks the younger fans only want to hear what they hear on the radio, and over the sound system at sporting events. Maybe he is concerned they won't recognize the other stuff. Maybe he doesn't understand that replacing "Dance The Night Away" with "Drop Dead Legs" would probably go over well with 90% of the people in attendance.

But hey, I'd like to see them do much more off the "Women And Children First" album...

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Me too...

I wanna see a heavy Van Halen show reflective of the attitude on ADKOT, minus tattoo, of course...

But we get the opposite with a dance floor...

Comment

Working...