X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbone888
    Roadie
    • Feb 2012

Dave song from the early 80's

Sry if its been posted before, but does anyone remember a song Dave played on a Jim Ladd radio interview from the early 80's? It was up tempo with Dave playing acoustic guitar with very funny "off the cuff" lyrics. I remember Ladd insulting Dave at the end, jokingly saying something like..."im surprised you can carry a tune". Al replied..."Im surprised youre still sitting there without my fist in your face". If anyone knows what toon im talking about and can direct me towards a copy, Id really appreciate it.
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

I'm fairly certain you are thinking of a tune called "79th & Sunset." This was an old Humble Pie song that Roth used to perform during radio interviews from that era.

Check this out...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• tbone888
      Roadie
      • Feb 2012

Thats it!! You rock. Thank you much

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

My pleasure, friend. This song and Dave's version of Jimmy Buffett's "Tin Cup Chalice" are my favorite Roth solo tunes ever, and neither one ever appeared on an official album.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Chef, do you have a link to Dave's Buffet tune? Can't seem to find it.

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
            Chef, do you have a link to Dave's Buffet tune? Can't seem to find it.
            Sadly, no. I have a very rough, poorly recorded version on an old cassette tape, yet nothing digital. And this thing sounds like it was recorded underneath a pillow during a rainstorm, which makes me want to find a clear copy all the more.

The track was widely available at one point around seven or eight years ago, yet has inexplicably dropped off the net ever since. It was one of those "one-off" radio performances, and I wish it would somehow once again resurface.

If there is anybody out there in the ether...

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
              Sadly, no. I have a very rough, poorly recorded version on an old cassette tape, yet nothing digital. And this thing sounds like it was recorded underneath a pillow during a rainstorm, which makes me want to find a clear copy all the more.

The track was widely available at one point around seven or eight years ago, yet has inexplicably dropped off the net ever since. It was one of those "one-off" radio performances, and I wish it would somehow once again resurface.

If there is anybody out there in the ether...
              Damn....I probably have it on an old pc somewhere. Loved that freaking version!
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• katina
                Commando
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Angel
                Please, try to find it

Comment

• big fatty
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                  Originally posted by katina
                  Please, try to find it
                  YES !!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, find and upload it ASAP.

I'll pay 'ya for it, what the fuck.

As a long time Parrothead, I've been DYING to hear this chestnut of a tune from my favorite JB album, A1A. Would LOVE to hear Dave's take on it.

" ...give me oysters and beer...
                  for dinner every night of the year..."
                  Last edited by big fatty; 06-07-2013, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• big fatty
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                    My pleasure, friend. This song and Dave's version of Jimmy Buffett's "Tin Cup Chalice" are my favorite Roth solo tunes ever, and neither one ever appeared on an official album.
                    ....and Coconut Grove.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

4shared is a perfect place to store your pictures, documents, videos and files, so you can share them with friends, family, and the world. Claim your free 15GB now!

Worked fine when I was logged in. Not sure if you have to have an account. The embed didn't work either.

I'm going to bed. Will try to figure out tomorrow.
                      Last edited by Northern Girl; 06-07-2013, 12:49 AM.
                      Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Satan
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

<embed src="http://www.4shared.com/embed/3656292597/f91934c2" width="420" height="250" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed>

Testing......666......
                        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

If you click on the name of the song in the box on the right side of the screen first, it should play for you.

Otherwise it looks like you have to register to download it. Takes a minute if you want to. Just a username, email and password. You get an email immediately with a link and you are done.

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Donnie put Tin Cup Chalice up just the other day at Roth Fans after we were talking about it.

That is from the WRIF in Detroit "Radio Rodeo" tour. I have heard Dave, Ray, Brian and James do this song many times, and this version is by far my favorite. It gives me chills every time I hear it.

I have the whole show on CD.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Well, there you go. I wasted my time for nothing when I could have been sleeping.

I won't do that again.

Comment

Working...