What's wrong with you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with you?

There was a sidetopic in food thread for a while, so not to ruin that thread, I made this one.

Since we all seem to be dameged goods here at the Army, what health issues are you all having?

I just spent about 250 dollars on asthma meds. A pack with three Symbicorte in it. I think it's a bit expencive...
    The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Pete's Brother:

Gluten (from Latin gluten, "glue") is a protein composite found in foods processed from wheat and related grain species, including barley and rye. Gluten gives elasticity to dough, helping it rise and keep its shape and often gives the final product a chewy texture. Gluten may also be found in some cosmetics, hair products, and other dermatological preparations.[1]

Gluten is the composite of a gliadin and a glutenin, which is conjoined with starch in the endosperm of various grass-related grains. The prolamin and glutelin from wheat (gliadin, which is alcohol-soluble, and glutenin, which is only soluble in dilute acids or alkalis) constitute about 80% of the protein contained in wheat fruit. Being insoluble in water, they can be purified by washing away the associated starch. Worldwide, gluten is a source of protein, both in foods prepared directly from sources containing it, and as an additive to foods otherwise low in protein.

The fruit of most flowering plants have endosperms with stored protein to nourish embryonic plants during germination. True gluten, with gliadin and glutenin, is limited to certain members of the grass family. The stored proteins of maize and rice are sometimes called glutens, but their proteins differ from true gluten.

A number of people have allergic reactions to gluten.

Comment

Originally posted by envy_me View Post
      Pete's Brother:

Gluten (from Latin gluten, "glue") is a protein composite found in foods processed from wheat and related grain species, including barley and rye. Gluten gives elasticity to dough, helping it rise and keep its shape and often gives the final product a chewy texture. Gluten may also be found in some cosmetics, hair products, and other dermatological preparations.[1]

Gluten is the composite of a gliadin and a glutenin, which is conjoined with starch in the endosperm of various grass-related grains. The prolamin and glutelin from wheat (gliadin, which is alcohol-soluble, and glutenin, which is only soluble in dilute acids or alkalis) constitute about 80% of the protein contained in wheat fruit. Being insoluble in water, they can be purified by washing away the associated starch. Worldwide, gluten is a source of protein, both in foods prepared directly from sources containing it, and as an additive to foods otherwise low in protein.

The fruit of most flowering plants have endosperms with stored protein to nourish embryonic plants during germination. True gluten, with gliadin and glutenin, is limited to certain members of the grass family. The stored proteins of maize and rice are sometimes called glutens, but their proteins differ from true gluten.

A number of people have allergic reactions to gluten.
      if that's wiki, i won't even read it anymore, thanks to dale...
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
        if that's wiki, i won't even read it anymore, thanks to dale...
        Why thanks to dale?

Read it, it's just a description so you know what it is.

Comment

Yeah but wiki is information supplied by users, not by experts. Gotta be careful with it - most universities will not let a quote from wiki into papers at all, as they don't deem it credible.

Oh dear.

Comment

Monsanto!!!!
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Hey educate me, don't fuck with me. Besides, I'm too lazy to go and look it up. Probably get wikipedia anyway.

Oh dear.

Comment

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes View Post
                Hey educate me, don't fuck with me. Besides, I'm too lazy to go and look it up. Probably get wikipedia anyway.
                nothin'. i'm just perpetuating the convo in the other thread, and spewin' "monsanto" elsewhere...

Comment

I have to quote wiki. All other results come up in Swedish. This is the only one where i can change language. But you guys who aren't oppressed by Google can find a better article in English.

Comment

Why thanks to dale?

Read it, it's just a description so you know what it is.
                    teasin', dale busted my chops about wiki a coupla days ago

Comment

teasin', dale busted my chops about wiki a coupla days ago
                      Well, I HAVE to!! Or do you wanna read articles in Swedish???

Comment

See, you CAN use google after all...

Comment

See, you CAN use google after all...
                          alllllllllll day

Comment

alllllllllll day
                            This is a great opportunity for you to finally answer the question: "What is wrong with you???"

Comment

Working...
                            X