X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Samsonite
    Head Fluffer
    • May 2004

Rock and Roll HOF

Bands are eligible for being entered into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 25 years after their first release. If Van Halen gets in like...next year do you think they would count Hagar as a member? Don't give me shit like Hagar doesn't belong there...I'm just looking for an answer.

I did say if they get in because they might not get in. Black Sabbath still hasn't.
  • MUSICMANN
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Sammy would be there, but he's not what brought them there. As much as all those Sammy fans want to think that the 1986 to present VH lineup with him singing is what is going to get them in th RRHF, they need a wakeup call. I do believe he will be considered a member, though he doesn't deserve to be on the same stage with the origional band that night. If and when the boys get in, It should be truly about the four guys that started the band. What really pisses me off though is, how much of big baby's these guys all are. If Ed and AL can forgive Sammy for all the right down nasty shit he said about them, you would think that they could do the same for Dave. I am so sick and tired of the division that this band has among their fans. All the bickering going back and forth among two web sights makes me sick in my stomach. All this shit because two spoiled rich motherfuckers couldn't put some childish spats to the side and come to a agreement, that the band is bigger than the two of them. All those Fans who are just overwhelmed and in love with Sammy fronting the band, where all Dave and origional VH fans to start off with. Now i'm going to ( pretty sure ) hear that i just didn't move on, stuck in the past. Well i am hear to say that i really tried back in 1986 to get into Sammy fronting VH. Went to their show and everything, It didn't sound right back then and still doesn't today. Sorry dude for going off the subject so much in your thread, i did give you a answer though. I guess i come here, and tonight i just wanted to air some of my feelings out. It is just a shame that we have to have disussions like, should this guy be there or who's better than that guy. they need to get their shit straight Before one of the origional members die or something, and we will never get to see what everyone truly wants to see. And another answer to your question, Sammy will be there, but let's remember, VAN HALEN will be getting inducted, not VAN HAGAR!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Yeah...what he said...

I'm really curious how that will play out...really curious...

There are many ways it could...none of them pretty...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• kidvegas
        • Apr 2004

Maybe Dave will drive up in his ambulance!!Got news for you Sammy will getting with Van Halen and as a solo artist.You think that ENT will?

KID VEGAS

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Kiddie Vegas...what up my brother...

I see you still need some luvin...

...hey...are you already planning your next injury in the hopes that Dave will come and take care of you?

I see Sammy got some more quality to take over for him with his waboritas...Vince Neil...

they might be worth seeing now...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Vince Neil is the waboritas singer now ?

Good to see they are injecting some "young" blood into
            the band.
            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• gigolo
              Roadie
              • May 2004

Re: Rock and Roll HOF

Originally posted by Samsonite
              Bands are eligible for being entered into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 25 years after their first release. If Van Halen gets in like...next year do you think they would count Hagar as a member? Don't give me shit like Hagar doesn't belong there...I'm just looking for an answer.

I did say if they get in because they might not get in. Black Sabbath still hasn't.
              Rock and Roll HOF induction is about money and influence within the industry. The only person working those circles from Van Halen is Dave Lee Roth. You watch and see the results.

This is not my original comment at this forum, but one that needs to be well understood.
              Hey you Van Dutch guys. Your names Neil & Bob or is that what you do!

Comment

• General Hina
                Sniper
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Samsonite
                Bands are eligible for being entered into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 25 years after their first release. If Van Halen gets in like...next year do you think they would count Hagar as a member?
                The answer is yes because according to the R&RHOF rules DLR has only been a member of VH for 6 years 1978 - 1984.
                Sammy has been a member for 10 years 1986 - 1996 and is the current vocalist so he will definitely be counted.
                Even if the tour bombs and Sammy is fired he would still be counted because his tenure in the band is longer than Dave's.

Over and Out,
                General Hina

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Do you think Sammy will want to be inducted into the hall
                  in his pink tights or his yellow capri's?

Comment

• gslinger
                    Foot Soldier
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by General Hina
                    The answer is yes because according to the R&RHOF rules DLR has only been a member of VH for 6 years 1978 - 1984.
                    Sammy has been a member for 10 years 1986 - 1996 and is the current vocalist so he will definitely be counted.
                    Even if the tour bombs and Sammy is fired he would still be counted because his tenure in the band is longer than Dave's.

Over and Out,
                    General Hina

your statement is inaccurate. dave was a founding member of van halen when they formally adopted the band's new name in 1974. he had more months with van halen than sammy does.

T.V.
                    <center>Accept Only Van <strike>Halen</strike> Roth Classic!
                    "Everyday becomes a better Diamond Dave day"</center><center>http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6002/03Way.jpg
                    </center><marquee><b><font color=Blue><size=+4>The 2004 Spammy “Eat It & Puke” Van ReHash Tour * Coming to a "This Suit is You" Store In Your Tiny Little Neighborhood. Brought to you by the Hemlock Society, Underground Bulemics United, PUTR - People for the Unethical Treatment of Rockfans, & a Special Message from Eddie & Alex Van Halen - Fuck you guyssss!!!!! </size></font></b></marquee></font>
                    <center>
                    "Those cats had me so beat down & confused, made the cancer seem like a tiny zit on my ass..I don't have a clue what's going on"-EVH</center>
                    <center>Click>"Hot Chicks for Dave" & "Dave’s Cavalcade of Bimbos"</center>

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Hina's trying to make the point that the Hall of Fame would say he was only part of the band during "recording" time for 6 years...and Sham was in for 10...so he was in longer...lmfao...but toured less and put out less albums...

He did eat more though...that's gotta count for something...

Comment

• pete
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kidvegas
                        Maybe Dave will drive up in his ambulance!!Got news for you Sammy will getting with Van Halen and as a solo artist.You think that ENT will?

KID VEGAS
                        Sammy will never get in as a solo artist.

that's a fact.

Comment

• pete
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Re: Re: Rock and Roll HOF

Originally posted by gigolo
                          Rock and Roll HOF induction is about money and influence within the industry. The only person working those circles from Van Halen is Dave Lee Roth. You watch and see the results.

This is not my original comment at this forum, but one that needs to be well understood.
                          VHI is what will get them in.

That was the moment rock took an evolutionary step.

DLR will be there without a doubt.

Comment

• pete
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by General Hina

Over and Out,
                            General Hina
                            wrong

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

Van Halen will get in...and Shemp and his sister Eddie will still give Diamond Dave the cold shoulder. Those two ass pipes will be bitter towards Dave till their dying day! There has been plenty of old feuds at the RHOF that would't get dropped. John Fogerty wouldn't play with CCR after almost 30 years! The lying Dutchmen WILL DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to try and keep the spotlight off of Dave. GOOD FUCKING LUCK! Anyone with any kind of an ear for music knows CLASSIC VH rules, the rest is just a footnote to their glorious past!

Comment

Working...