X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Silexxx
    Head Fluffer
    • Sep 2010

Download Organiser: 'I’d love to get VH to headline’

"Download organiser Andy Copping has said that he would love to secure a reunited Led Zeppelin, Van Halen and the original line-up of Guns N’ Roses as future headliners. Speaking to NME at the festival, which took place from Friday (June 14) to Sunday (16), the organiser replied to a question about whether he was eying David Lee Roth and co as future headliners.

He said: "I’d love to get them (Van Halen), but who knows when? Maybe one year we can get them to come over and it’ll happen, I live in hope. You can’t rule any bands at that level out: Led Zeppelin, the original line-up of Guns N’ Roses, I’d love to get them, hopefully it’ll happen one day."
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think he has said the same thing for the last few years, apparently VH are one of his favorite bands.

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Interestingly vague wording, though... is he holding out for a full reunion, or is he interested in getting the current incarnation as well?
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Silexxx
        "Download organiser Andy Copping has said that he would love to secure a reunited Led Zeppelin, Van Halen and the original line-up of Guns N’ Roses as future headliners.
        Gotta give 'ol boy points for being ambitious, eh ??
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          Gotta give 'ol boy points for being ambitious, eh ??
          I think there's a better chance of MA doing a coupla sets with VH than there is of there EVER being a full GnR reunion.... they've already turned down zillion dollar offers repeatedly, what would the allure be of reuniting for Download, FFS?
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Download or Donnington as it was then is where I discovered g&r and made them big .
            I have only suggested career advice to two bands , G&R and that was they are shite last you will hear of them. And when a girlfriend dragged me to an anthrax gig in 86 and the headline were terrible . It's just noise they haven got a clue I cried ... Metallic... Something .
            Anyway they wouldn't listen and look what happened to them !!!
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

Yip my friends have never let me live down the tallica comment .
              It is true I know fuck all about music
              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by jhale667
                I think there's a better chance of MA doing a coupla sets with VH than there is of there EVER being a full GnR reunion
                Oh hell yes, MA WILL play with VH eventually, at the very least for a couple of special occasions....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
                  Yip my friends have never let me live down the tallica comment .
                  It is true I know fuck all about music
                  Just because they sold a lot of albums doesn't mean you weren't correct...

Comment

• VAiN
                    Use my hand, I won't look
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    Oh hell yes, MA WILL play with VH eventually, at the very least for a couple of special occasions....
                    Yeah, like the Rock Hall of Fame... oh, wait...

Maybe the 40th anniversary of VH I in 2018?? I can't really think of anything short of Wolf telling Ed to do it.
                    Originally posted by wiseguy
                    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VAiN
                      I can't really think of anything short of Wolf telling Ed to do it.
                      Well actually I think it'll be that simple...

Wolf will run into Mike at the Howdy Doody Mountain Costco, talk for a while about whose cucumber is bigger, and Wolf will make it happen....

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Wait, they're building a Howdy Doody Mountain Costco? That'd be nice, closest one is in badtown...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

You wait, one of these days it'll be like this except the REAL Van Halen....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by jhale667
                            Wait, they're building a Howdy Doody Mountain Costco? That'd be nice, closest one is in badtown...
                            I took a chance....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

Hey, A LOT of people on this board, including some Webbies and Mods, said Dave would never come back....I think that turned out OK.....

I'm not saying Mike would ever come back permanently, but there's be a time or two he'll play with the boys again....

Comment

Working...