PDA

View Full Version : Gregg Bissonnette Reflects on Van Halen and his time in DLR's Band

Va Beach VH Fan
06-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Pretty cool stuff....

Hardrock69
06-19-2013, 10:46 PM
True dat. Congrats for him. I mean, seriously.

I don't write or read. I can use Tab to find out what to play, but when it comes to figuring out how to apply it to a time signature I am just like....gone, ya know?

That right there should be a siren call to young musicians that they should learn to read and write. Having that ability can lead to some great shit (obviously). Don't do as I do, do as I say, motherfuckers! :D

For the music I create, notation beyond drums and chord changes are unnecessary. As long as someone can pick something up instantly (or close to), then that is all I require in fellow musicians.

I admire the jazz cats who can play by sight-reading Egyptian hieroglyphs backwards......those motherfuckers are BAD!!!

Gregg was the right guy in the right place at the right time who knew the right people. :D

Seshmeister
06-25-2013, 05:36 AM
He sang backing vocals with that voice? :)

ashstralia
06-25-2013, 05:58 AM
i met the dude at a trade show 20 years ago; genuinely top fella!!

Terry
07-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Had to chuckle at the idea of Matt Sorum trying out for the EEAS band.

Terry
07-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Bissonnette was certainly a case of at the right place at the right time, but he's a tremendously talented drummer. Probably the best Roth has played with in terms of post-VH alumni.