X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VHscraps
    Veteran
    • Jul 2009

Don't Piss Me Off ...

When was the last time anyone listened to this?

I just had an old mini hi-fi delivered from an eBay seller, and surprised to find a tape deck on it. Scrambling for a tape to check out if it was working I slammed in the first thing that I could find (no label) and this came on ... Haven't head this for 15 years or more ... Some slick playing on this:

THINK LIKE THE WAVES
  • Coyote
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

This used to be my warmup track before vocal lessons...
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Anonymous
      Banned
      • May 2004

Dude, I love that song. I wasn't Pissed Off at all for buying the Best Of just because of it.

That song is pure Diamond Dave, laid back & witty.

Love the "Talkin' dirty, dressin' clean, dancin' nasty by the record machine
      Do the walk, love to ball, just one look I believe that's all
      Little girl loves to boogie woogie, looks so fine like some sweet sugar
      Destination is on the floor, give it up just a little bit more
      Hey baby, can I be excused, I can't take no more" part.

I always play it two or three times before goin' ahead with the rest of the track.

Cheers!

Comment

• VHscraps
        Veteran
        • Jul 2009

Think I probably bought that CD just for this as well. Hell knows where it is.

Sounds better now than it did then, anyway - or maybe I've had too many already.

Anyone know who plays on it?

The bass and drums are really cooking there - that's some serious experience, but relaxed, laid back, etc
        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Zing!
          Veteran
          • Oct 2011

From wiki:

"Don't Piss Me Off" – 4:28 (Brett Tuggle, Monty Byron, Jack White, Steve Hunter, Freebo)

I guess that means songwriters? Not sure who actually played on it. This was right before the DLR Band. Sounds like Terry Kilgore playing.
          Last edited by Zing!; 07-31-2013, 05:40 PM.
          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• VHscraps
            Veteran
            • Jul 2009

Steve Hunter maybe, on guitar?

Found this on Roth Army, an interview with Monty Byron (or is it Byrom ...)

http://www.rotharmy.com/mb.shtml

Seems like he was in a band with most of those listed as the song's co-writers, and he says if you look at the interview "hell, most of his band had already played it anyway" -- I guess that means Tuggle and Steve Hunter.
            THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• big fatty
              Head Fluffer
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
              You post the best interview links man. I vaugely recall that " She's My Machine " was previously done with Bob Rock, but never knew about DLR working with Bob Ezrin on that tune. It was a very interesting article there.

Comment

• minkahed
                Roadie
                • Jan 2012

Coming off the "96" Van Halen fisasco, this tune was a disappointment to a lot of fans back then, I remember vividly, but damn, I loved it !

Just go that old style "Rock 'N Roll" feel, and Dave is perfect here, (vocals, lyrics, etc etc ... ), and a shame that not a lot of people dug it.
                Hot dog and a shake

Comment

• Floridaman1985
                  Groupie
                  • May 2009

I bought the "Best of" when I was 15 or 16. I loved the title of this song then (and now). A solid and fun tune.
                  "Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it." - DLR

Comment

• Lose The Dress
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Dec 2013

This is why I love DLR. He isn't afraid to deviate from his main style and try different stuff - and he nails it every time. How many hard rock singers would go and try to do stuff like Gigolo, Easy Street, I'm Easy, Coconut Grove, California Girls, Piss me off, and Two Fools. There will never be another Diamond Dave. Truly one of a kind.

Comment

Working...