• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Terminally-Ill Kid Jams "Walk" With Pantera

Terminally Ill Kid Gets Last Wish: To Rock Out with a Heavy Metal God

Most of the terminally ill children who qualify for a Make-A-Wish Foundation wish end up asking for something like a trip to Disneyland or a shopping spree in the supermarket's candy aisle.

13-year-old Peyton Arens wanted to rock out on stage with his heavy metal idol, legendary Pantera frontman Phil Anselmo.

So Make-A-Wish made it happen: At their national tour kick-off show in Tulsa earlier this week, Philip H. Anselmo & The Illegals invited Peyton on stage to shred his little heart out to "Walk," off Pantera's 1992 masterpiece Vulgar Display of Power.

According to Anselmo, it was Peyton's request that the band play that song. "He's a really great player and an awesome kid," the singer wrote on Instagram.

Peyton was diagnosed with a rare connective tissue cancer known as rhabdomyosarcoma earlier this year. If you'd like to learn more about the boy, his condition, and how to help, follow this link.

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    "Walk," off Pantera's 1992 masterpiece Vulgar Display of Power.

Few thoughts:

NOT a "masterpiece"

Phil Anselmo is an asshole in need of a swift ass-kicking that gets posted on Youtube.

But, I give him huge respect for doing this...as hard as it pains me to do so....way to go Phil! Well done.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Does the band travel with all the area rugs or is that something the venue puts down? I imagine it makes 90+ minutes on stage a helluva lot easier on the bands legs having those down.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by sadaist
        Does the band travel with all the area rugs or is that something the venue puts down? I imagine it makes 90+ minutes on stage a helluva lot easier on the bands legs having those down.
        No dance floor, denied !!

Other bands have rugs as well.....
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Pretty sure the rug thing was a Grateful Dead invention, as they were doing it years ago. Not surprising that other bands have picked it up though.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Coyote
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Way to go, Anselmo!
            Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Not a huge Anselmo fan either, but that's still a very cool thing to do. And area rugs are kewl.
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...