X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

A New (Old?) Angle On Creationism......

So I was discussing this subject with someone today....and it occurred to me that it is agreed that the generalization is that there exists a segment of Creationists who claim the Universe was created by GAWD-UH sometime around 4,500 BC or so...give or take 1,000 years.

SO....if this is true, and say give a thousand years to the above figure....let's say the Universe was created in 5,500 at the very earliest......

We are not just talking about the creation of LIFE.....we are talking about the creation of EVERYTHING.

Maximum 7,513 years old.

Before 5,500 BC, there exists NOTHING.

This means no ROCKS. No WATER. No fucking MOLECULES. NO NOTHING AT ALL.

This means any graves that are found which are over seven and a half thousand years old.....really are not.

Any rocks in the Earth....nope. They can be no older than 7,513 years. Meteorites falling out of the sky? They have to have been created when Gawd (hallelujah!) created the entire universe.

They can't be any older than 5,500 B.C.

Shit....Dr. Leakey was finding peeps bones that be what, 1.5 million years old? In Olduvai Gorge?

Nope!

5,500 BC MAX. He was wrong, according to creationists.

Those stars up in the sky which are more than 7,513 light years away? They are not. IF the creationists are absolutely correct, then there are an infinite number of galaxies and stars out there that should not exist.......there should just be......nothing....out there.....

If creationists were correct, and the Earf were kreatid around 5,000 bee see or whenever, then that means everything around us, even tha Moon was created in a single moment!

So I am waiting to hear from any of you Creationist fucktards out there as to how this is possible.

Stupid motherfuckers. Oh, am I interrupting your convention with the Flat Earth Society?

Well gee whiz, you all gonna hava lot tuh tahlk abowt now....praise Jebus......
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Most Christians are Catholics who don't believe in this creationist silliness.

A lot of this shit is actually very new, a hundred years ago you didn't have Christians making up this shit. Outside the US it's still rare. The Muslims have a problem and look what happened to them. Islamic countries used to be at the forefront of science, technology and power until they caught a bad dose of fundamentalism.

The biggest irony is perhaps that creationism seems to be so prevalent in the places that rely on oil like the Middle East or Texas. You have people whose whole wealth is based on the science of geology who then pretend that it doesn't exist.

Very very odd...

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'm not sure when exactly the Creationists say it all happenned, but if you go by the ancient Hebrew calendar, it's the year 5773. (5774 begins on September 4, so an early happy Rosh Hashanah/Labor Day to our Jewish friends)

According to Jewish tradition, this calendar began on the 6th day when God created Adam.

So if you wanted to be Biblically literal about it, that would be the answer.

Now of course how that time table measures up to archeological evidence, that's entirely another story.

But speaking entirely for myself, I believe that God - in the big picture - created everything. The exact means and the exact time table He used to do so are irrelevant. But I would guess that He created life forms with enough variations in the gene pool to evolve into a huge diverse global ecosystem.

Yeah I said "evolve". If my 15 year old self could hear me now, he would probably have a heart attack (because that's when I took the creationist side in a Bible vs Darwin debate). I don't believe I have a monkey' uncle (though Jeb Bush's kids clearly have an uncle who is a monkey) but I've come a long way since then........
      Last edited by FORD; 08-18-2013, 09:47 PM.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If you don't believe in evolution then you can't believe in genetics which has proved it entirely.

It's funny that you never hear about creationists campaigning for the release of murderers convicted based on genetic evidence....

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by FORD
          According to Jewish tradition, this calendar began on the 6th day when God created Adam.
          According to Jewish tradition you should cut off part of the male genitals and eat it.

Traditions can be very very wrong.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            If you don't believe in evolution then you can't believe in genetics which has proved it entirely.

It's funny that you never hear about creationists campaigning for the release of murderers convicted based on genetic evidence....
            Well that's because they're all "pro life", of course.

Meaning they don't like anybody killing fetuses. But when it comes to releasing a convict that was wrongly convicted, well that's entirely different. Because, you know, God would never let an innocent man go to jail for a crime he didn't commit.....

Well...... except His own Son, of course. But uhhhhh... that was different.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

According to Jewish tradition you should cut off part of the male genitals and eat it.

Thank God that it's also against the Kosher laws to eat squid, or I might have to be more suspicious of those fried calimari rings.

Of course I get those at a Greek place, not a Kosher deli, so hopefully they're all squid and not err.... trouser trout.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

To clarify I'm sure there are lots of horrible anti-semitic websites out there claiming all sorts of horrible things about Jewish circumcision but I am pretty sure that there was originally a tradition where the foreskin was eaten in some cultures.

I think circumcision is very wrong but obviously the eating thing no longer happens.

Although there was that case in NYC with the orthodox rabbi...

The circumciser will only be allowed to remove blood from the baby's penis with his mouth, in a type of Jewish circumcision ritual, if the parents say it is OK, the New York City Department of...

Ok I'm going to shut up now...

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

creationism is strongest in places where education is a lesser priority; in my opinion, this is largely because corporations and big money interests have figured out that dumb people are easier to control and have fought to minimize and control education while sending their own kids to the best schools.

Give the government power over something, and you give the big money interest groups something they can buy and control to further their own interests.
                  I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

I want to hear you say that. The Scottish accent in my head was very very funny.
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                      Give the government power over something, and you give the big money interest groups something they can buy and control to further their own interests.

The US government.

Everything always comes back to campaign funding rules...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Angel
                        I want to hear you say that. The Scottish accent in my head was very very funny.
                        In North American terms my accent is probably closest to Craig Ferguson, we come from similar backgrounds and grew up close to each other although I'm a bit younger...

Comment

• Dr. Love
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

The US government.

Everything always comes back to campaign funding rules...
                          Yeah, the US government. Kudos to the other countries for not letting your own corporate interests take over your governments. I really think it's too late for us. Too many dumb people out there willing to vote but unwilling to understand what/who they are voting for

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                            Yeah, the US government. Kudos to the other countries for not letting your own corporate interests take over your governments. I really think it's too late for us. Too many dumb people out there willing to vote but unwilling to understand what/who they are voting for
                            Which explains why Texas hasn't had a governor with a three digit IQ since 1994. And their censoring of text books ensures the next generation will be even more ignorant. As will they be in any other state that gets stuck with those shitty text books.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Dr. Love
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Texas indirectly has a large influence on the nation's textbook quality... Texas buys one of the largest share, so the book makers cater more to us.

Comment

Working...