PDA

View Full Version : Dave On Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular Cbs Tv Sunday!

meanstreet
06-28-2004, 03:53 PM
Show:
Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular

Episode:
Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular (2004)

Network:
(CBS) Columbia Broadcasting Service

Date:
Sunday - July 04, 2004

Time:
10:00 pm - 11:00 pm ET

About: Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular (2004)
BOSTON POPS FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR, hosted by Harry Smith (CBS News' "The Early Show") and featuring performances by international rock superstar David Lee Roth, will be broadcast live from the Charles River Esplanade in Boston (delayed PT).

Roth is scheduled to perform his hits "California Girls" and "Jump" with the Boston Pops under the direction of conductor Keith Lockhart. The concert will feature its traditional explosive fireworks display with the Boston Pops rendition of the 1812 Overture as musical accompaniment.

http://www.musicstation.com/cgi-bin/rotv/rotv_cgi?search_type=description&sort_by=date&type=tv&search=SELECT+listing_id%2C+episode_id%2C+episode_ name%2C+listing_date%2C+listing_time%2C+network%2C +show_name%2C++show_id%2C+network_id+FROM+r_rotv_l isting_table+WHERE+sort_date+>+%28sysdate+%2D+1%29+AND+show_id+%3D+361686+ORDER+ BY+sort_date%2C+sort_time%2C+network&page=0&curr_res=%2Fstudio%2Frotv%2Frotv_cgi%3Fsearch_type %3Dshow%26sort_by%3Ddate%26search%3D361686%26type% 3Dtv%26page%3D1

BrownSound1
06-28-2004, 04:00 PM
This is true....I just got confirmation, and it's on Ray Luzier's website. http://www.rayluzier.com

guwapo_rocker
06-28-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Brownsound1
This is true....I just got confirmation, and it's on Ray Luzier's website. http://www.rayluzier.com

And this...things are picking up!

"There's some other cool shows coming up with Diamond Dave, including one with Velvet Revolver, The Darkness and Cheap Trick in September. We'll post the dates as they get confirmed."

meanstreet
06-28-2004, 04:05 PM
Hell yeah it's true.

There's no way Diamond Dave would let us down on the 4th of July...

When Dave throws an Independence Day party, he doesn't fuck around!

MAX
06-28-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
"There's some other cool shows coming up with Diamond Dave, including one with Velvet Revolver, The Darkness and Cheap Trick in September. We'll post the dates as they get confirmed."

Kickass!!! I new he wouldn't stay in idle forever!!!!

Big Troubles
06-28-2004, 04:19 PM
yeah Ive read this somewhere already..? Where was that? Oh yeah....

:D http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&forumid=2&threadid=6892

MAX
06-28-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Big Troubles

Attention whore! LOL!!! ;) :p

gigolo
06-28-2004, 04:30 PM

just calling proper credit where due. thx for headsup!

MAX
06-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by gigolo
just calling proper credit where due. thx for headsup!

I was just flipping him shit. Thanks again BT!!!

EmpyreLounge44
06-28-2004, 04:49 PM
Yeah they have been talking about this gig for a while since it was initially supposed to be Steven Tyler but he turned it down since it was initally supposed to be Aerosmith with the Pops, but they are starting a Japan tour right after and their equipment is already going to be in the process of being shipped over, so Tyler didnt want to do it without the band. good for DLR though, someone record it and put it up here...im curious as to what it will be like since I will be away this weekend

gigolo
06-28-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
Yeah they have been talking about this gig for a while since it was initially supposed to be Steven Tyler but he turned it down since it was initally supposed to be Aerosmith with the Pops, but they are starting a Japan tour right after and their equipment is already going to be in the process of being shipped over, so Tyler didnt want to do it without the band. good for DLR though, someone record it and put it up here...im curious as to what it will be like since I will be away this weekend

Tyler and Roth are good friends.

smaz
06-28-2004, 05:00 PM
Diamond Dave, Velvet Revolver and Cheap Trick would be one hell of a show. Shame it would only be in America :(

EmpyreLounge44
06-28-2004, 05:07 PM

i didnt know that

smaz
06-28-2004, 05:12 PM

I thought that he hadn't spoken to Aerosmith since the tank incident??

diamond den™
06-28-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by smaz
Diamond Dave, Velvet Revolver and Cheap Trick would be one hell of a show. Shame it would only be in America :(

I haven't heard Velvet Revolver.

But DLR and Cheap Trick will be FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

:)

Baby's On Fire
06-28-2004, 06:35 PM

Not true. Dave respects TYLER and is a fan, but if you read CFTH you'll know Dave hasn't spoken with anyone in Aerosmith since the infamour parachuting jump.

gigolo
06-28-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
Not true. Dave respects TYLER and is a fan, but if you read CFTH you'll know Dave hasn't spoken with anyone in Aerosmith since the infamour parachuting jump.

that was a long time ago, old legend rockers need each other to survive and they quickly forget the past. Just look at Sammy and the Van Halen's. Sammy said so many bad things about Eddie and Alex, over the years, but here we are.

JOE THUNDER, LP
06-28-2004, 08:16 PM
I was the first to make this announcement over a week ago. I will be making another huge announcement at midnight tonight. Thank you for all the support and e-cards. T.

guwapo_rocker
06-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by JOE THUNDER, LP
I was the first to make this announcement over a week ago. I will be making another huge announcement at midnight tonight. Thank you for all the support and e-cards. T.

Fuck Off!

DLR_EngineRoom
06-28-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by meanstreet
Show:

Episode:

Network:

Date:
Sunday - July 04, 2004

Time:

BOSTON POPS FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR, hosted by Harry Smith (CBS News' "The Early Show") and featuring performances by international rock superstar David Lee Roth, will be broadcast live from the Charles River Esplanade in Boston (delayed PT).

Roth is scheduled to perform his hits "California Girls" and "Jump" with the Boston Pops under the direction of conductor Keith Lockhart. The concert will feature its traditional explosive fireworks display with the Boston Pops rendition of the 1812 Overture as musical accompaniment.

Here's the direct link:

http://july4th.org/concert/eveningperformers/

...and the synopsis on Dave:

David Lee Roth - Beginning as the quarterback for legendary bad-boy rock band Van Halen in its heyday, David Lee Roth has grown into a successful solo artist, music video pioneer, best-selling author, and world traveler.
Roth's unique combination of classic pop, stagecraft, burlesque humor, and startling wit has made him one of the most famous - and infamous - names in rock 'n' roll. Since his 1977 debut, Roth has become one of the most beloved characters in popular music to grace the stage and screen. This year, Roth is celebrating his 25th anniversary since making his album debut.

Hot on the heels of his recent stints as a guest DJ at radio stations across the country and as a frequent guest on the Howard Stern Show, David is starting to flex his thespian chops. His MTV Dave-TV spots paved the way for his recent VH-1 special (David Lee Roth - VH1 Classic 4th of July Christmas Special) and commentator role (The Greatest: 50 Greatest Funny Moments in Music, The Greatest: 40 Greatest Celebrity Feuds, I Love The '70s: 1970, and others). He recently appeared on HBO's smash hit The Sopranos as a poker-playing guest of Tony Soprano.

RogueHorseman
06-28-2004, 11:26 PM

Yeah, big props to BT... we were all talkin' about this last night after he posted the news. I mentioned how Dave has been so smart to take the high road in all the VH controversary... in the end, the truth and the real talent prevails.

Anyway, this is FAR more significant than many realize. It is a huge honor for Dave and places him at a new level... one we've known he deserved for some time... but that level is one of widely recognized, mainstream AMERICAN ICON.

Very, very cool.

Dean Martin was one...

Stuff like this cements true LEGENDARY status with the mainstream and is never, ever forgotten. It opens doors which were closed before, too. Its a whole different realm he is entering. The audience watching this ONE SINGLE show WILL completely DWARF whatever Ed, Al, Mikey and Sambo the shambo draw for the ENTIRE money grab 2004 fleecing... Not even close. All, in one nights work and he'll have a blast.

If Dave were Sam, he would be gloating over this... but, he is far classier, and Sam would never have such an honor bestowed on him, thus never get the chance. Sometimes, there IS justice in this world.

I'll say it, though. Up yours, boys. You deserve it. Like EEAS, the Diamond one and the truth trumps you again. You look like the pricks you are, to the world at large via CBS come July 4th, no less.

"Fire crackin' on the 4th of July... bright lights, city lights..."

Baby's On Fire
06-29-2004, 12:39 AM
Hopefully it won't be like Dave's fuckin' Leno performance. He ought not to fuck this up. Hopefully the Skeletor smile vacates the building before he hits the stage.

Very cool no doubt. What's that about commentaating on the music specials? Anyone seen that?

tjvhou812
06-29-2004, 01:44 AM
great to hear dave's coming out of the shadows,, and doin something for his fans,, just wish california girls wasnt gonna be part of the show...
love dave, but thats his worse shit, crazy from the heat that is

BrownSound1
06-29-2004, 02:47 AM
Only Dave could do an album like Crazy From The Heat and make it work....that's why it did so well.

DavidLeeNatra
06-29-2004, 03:23 AM
Hell yeah it's true.

There's no way Diamond Dave would let us down on the 4th of July...

When Dave throws an Independence Day party, he doesn't fuck around!

hey...dave doesn't THROW an Independence Day party...he IS the fucking party ;)

smaz
06-29-2004, 07:16 AM

Roth is scheduled to perform his hits "California Girls" and "Jump" with the Boston Pops under the direction of conductor Keith Lockhart.

I think this is proof that Van Halen are better than Van Hagar or Dave better than Sammy. With all this re-union shambles, you would have thought that it would have been a great idea for them to ask the new Van Halen (V Hagar) to play Jump?? But instead, Dave was asked to do it. If Hagar was better, then it would be Van Hagar playing it. But it ain't. It's Dave.

Panamark
06-29-2004, 07:21 AM
"international rock superstar David Lee Roth"

nothing else to say. :D

bru87tr
06-29-2004, 08:57 AM
Dave needs to drop CG and sing Yankee Rose and Jump.

Yankee Rose would be more fitting with fireworks.

mewisemagic
06-29-2004, 07:49 PM
i love yankee rose as much as the next guy..but to perform that song live with the boston pops on national tv would go over like a fart in church!

Dave's PA Rental
07-01-2004, 10:34 PM
sticky so people stop starting new threads about this...

Warham
07-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Always good to hear a Brian Wilson penned tune sung on the 4th.

gigolo
07-02-2004, 09:38 PM
Last year State Police estimated that between 600,000 and 700,000 people attended this live event. The media reported another 29.2 million television viewers.

In one felt swoop, Diamond Dave performs before more people than what this entire 4 month Van Halen Tour will do, without regard to TV viewership. Dave always wins and in his own way!

For one weekend of work, Dave is making more money, than Michael Anthony will make playing the entire Van Halen 4 month Tour, per gslinger's post.

Boston’s Fourth of July Home Page:

http://www.july4th.org/

CBS’s Home Page for the Event:

http://www.cbs.com/specials/2004_boston_pops/

I read that DLR will be performing July 3 and 4th, with probable sound check on the 2nd.

scorpioboy33
07-02-2004, 10:27 PM
Man the Boston Pops...WOW...whats next Bingo World...or maybe the blue room at the local Days Inn..and you guys got the balls to make fun of Sammy Hagar

Rubnose
07-02-2004, 10:27 PM
Perhaps we will all hear the infamous (see azcardinal) "Independence Day" ! Years in the making.

gigolo
07-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33
Man the Boston Pops...WOW...whats next Bingo World...or maybe the blue room at the local Days Inn..and you guys got the balls to make fun of Sammy Hagar

Originally posted by Rubnose
Perhaps we will all hear the infamous (see azcardinal) "Independence Day" ! Years in the making.

Your total ignorance on this subject, exceeds your ability to type!

scorpioboy33
07-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Well come on it's true buddy admit it..please...at least van halen is playing a tour...not a cheesy event like david

gigolo
07-02-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by scorpioboy33
Well come on it's true buddy admit it..please...at least van halen is playing a tour...not a cheesy event like david

You call this a Tour!, several lawsuits recently filed against the promoter CCE and Van Halen management call it a multi-million dollar fraud!

scorpioboy33
07-02-2004, 10:39 PM
OK whatever...not worth arguing

gigolo
07-02-2004, 11:06 PM
Here is more facts:

This Van Halen Tour did not even make Pollstar’s Top 20 Concert Tours List that came out two days ago. Pollstar's own Top Concert Tours Chart shows how worthless their Pollstar Power Index Ranking Chart is that shows Van Halen as #1!

Source: Pollstar/GSlinger

FORD
07-02-2004, 11:08 PM

No, Asscardinal's mystery single was called "Reactor". "Independence Day" was from the sheep who called himself "Michael Jackson".

And "Swingtown 2000"?? Uh, well that's a whole other story :D

tjvhou812
07-03-2004, 02:01 AM
Show:

Episode:

Network:

Date:
Sunday - July 04, 2004

Time:

http://www.musicstation.com/cgi-bin/rotv/rotv_cgi?search_type=description&sort_by=date&type=tv&search=SELECT+listing_id%2C+episode_id%2C+episode_ name%2C+listing_date%2C+listing_time%2C+network%2C +show_name%2C++show_id%2C+network_id+FROM+r_rotv_l isting_table+WHERE+sort_date+>+%28sysdate+%2D+1%29+AND+show_id+%3D+361686+ORDER+ BY+sort_date%2C+sort_time%2C+network&page=0&curr_res=%2Fstudio%2Frotv%2Frotv_cgi%3Fsearch_type %3Dshow%26sort_by%3Ddate%26search%3D361686%26type% 3Dtv%26page%3D1

i think dave could have picked a better song than californis girls.
mean streets would have been a great song to hear

speedtruckermf
07-03-2004, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by smaz
I think this is proof that Van Halen are better than Van Hagar or Dave better than Sammy. With all this re-union shambles, you would have thought that it would have been a great idea for them to ask the new Van Halen (V Hagar) to play Jump?? But instead, Dave was asked to do it. If Hagar was better, then it would be Van Hagar playing it. But it ain't. It's Dave.

What he said! Amen.

julesk
07-03-2004, 06:27 PM
i heard dave had trouble getting the night off from McDonald's to do the show.

DaveIsKing
07-03-2004, 07:59 PM
He needs to invite EEAS band to join the orchestra and perform "YANKEE ROSE"!!!!!!

azcrdnal
07-04-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by FORD
No, Asscardinal's mystery single was called "Reactor". "Independence Day" was from the sheep who called himself "Michael Jackson".

And "Swingtown 2000"?? Uh, well that's a whole other story :D you are correct ford reactor thank you.

azcrdnal
07-04-2004, 01:15 AM
Perhaps we will all hear the infamous (see azcardinal) "Independence Day" ! Years in the making. we can only hope. you hot piece of ass.

azcrdnal
07-04-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by FORD

And "Swingtown 2000"?? Uh, well that's a whole other story :D was that a shot you fag i will ban your fucking ass. last fucking warning.

EbDawson
07-04-2004, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by julesk

Welcome Julesk! Now go play on the freeway.

EbDawson
07-04-2004, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
i think dave could have picked a better song than californis girls.
mean streets would have been a great song to hear

He probably didn't pick them. He was probably asked to do them or given a short list. Something with more "mass appeal".

Interesting though, just as You Really Got Me is really now more of a Dave/VH song than it is a Kinks tune, so is Cali. Girls regarded a Dave tune just as much as it is a Beach Boys one.

Warham
07-04-2004, 07:52 AM

I heard Spam gave you the night off from his cock to watch the show.

Golden AWe
07-04-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Warham
I heard Spam gave you the night off from his cock to watch the show.

LOL

Does Spammy have a cock? In his mouth, maybe.

Roth kills Sam
07-04-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Golden AWe
LOL

Does Spammy have a cock?

What do you think Eddie brushes his teeth with?

speedtruckermf
07-04-2004, 08:39 PM

Wow!His first post. He'd been lurking for months to use this one liner and out of nowhere he blindsides us with this brilliant remark!:D

classicdude
07-04-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsKing
He needs to invite EEAS band to join the orchestra and perform "YANKEE ROSE"!!!!!!

Right on DaveIsKing! Yankee Rose would have more of a patriotic feel. He still did a great job with the bo. Awesome job Dave!

bru87tr
07-04-2004, 10:53 PM
I said it too. Yankee Rose would have been perfect!