• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fraroc
    Commando
    • Jun 2012

Faith in music RESTORED!!!

Holy shit......It still exists.....

YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR SKINNY ASS, MILEY CYRUS, CUZ ROCK AND ROLL IS STILL FUCKING ALIVE AND KICKING!

I found this band via Yahoo Answers. It seems like it always comes up whenever there is a "I hate my generation's music. Is there any hope for music?" question/rant. At first, I WAS skeptical and I thought that this band was going to be another fucking NickelSHIT/Creed/Saving Abel-esque post-grunge whiny preachy christian rock band like what dominates today's rock charts. I was absolutely FLOORED when I gave it a listen. To me, Airbourne is the love child of AC/DC, Cinderella, KISS, and Motley Crue. The singer has one HELL of a fucking rock n' roll voice that you'd swear this song was written in 1987 and not four months ago.

As much as I want this to be the mainstream, the rebel in me doesn't mind being hated for liking this band.
    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Logo stolen from Metallica... sound stolen from Ac/Dc, but they ain't bad.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Bought the first album. Thought they were not bad. Haven't got around to buying subsequent releases.
      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Apr 2005

Black Stone Cherry has some good stuff also. Sounds more old school than most new stuff. Heavy blues rock.

Comment

• Coyote
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Hey, If Lemmy approves it, it's good enough for me...
          Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Northern Girl
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
            Logo stolen from Metallica... sound stolen from Ac/Dc
            Inspired by...
            Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Gawd, that's fucking ghey. Mind-fucknumbing ghey.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

After admitting you're an Echo and the Bunnymen fan I don't think you've got much cred here.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Ouch! That so hurt. Look, if you want to speak Echo blasphemy then speak Echo blasphemy but it doesn't change the cold fact that shit is pretty fucking ghey.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

There's a time and place for 'fun' music! Not everything has to be profound.
                    Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                      There's a time and place for 'fun' music! Not everything has to be profound.
                      That's when I play Rush or Yes. At least it's still musical. Krusty has zero cred musically with me. I have read some of the shit she considers music. Complete rubbish ! I'd rather listen to a C.C. DeVille guitar solo any day of the week !

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Rubbish? Dude, where are you from, again?

Comment

• fraroc
                          Commando
                          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Kristy
                          Gawd, that's fucking ghey. Mind-fucknumbing ghey.
                          Attached Files
                          How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                            Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Guffaw.

Oh dear.

Comment

• SilvioDante
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2004

I checked these guys out on iTunes and really liked them!

This thread puts me in the mind of 3 quotes I've heard before:

The famous:"I don't know art but I know what I like"
                              Tom Petty's quote on people ripping him off. He said that every rock guitarist owes Chuck Berry money anyway.
                              And I believe it was our Fearless Leader that said all good rock and roll comes from below the neck.

Sure these guys "ripped off", "influenced by" AC/DC or whoever. From what I've read about them, they don't hide the fact that they have been heavily influenced by AC/DC, Thin Lizzy and others. Who cares!? I like it and I miss the sound. I am stuck in 1985 and I'm pretty damn proud! Slag on me all you want music is all about entertainment and they entertain me. Screw all this "rock and roll can save the world" crap. I'll leave that for Jeff Bebe, I just want to get my ass kicked for 3:30 min. with music that doesn't have Cookie Monster vocals or a computer playing all the music with a tween queen "singing??" on it. Is that to much to ask?

To really piss some people off, I like these guys also, Rival Sons. Totally unapologeticly ripping Zeppelin off, but once again, who cares? I think its pretty cool.

"Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

Working...