LOL! The Implosion Of The Retardlifuck Party.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

LOL! The Implosion Of The Retardlifuck Party.....

The Republican Party is in full meltdown mode as John McCain has called Ted Cruz and all of the members of his own party who are trying to shutdown the government to defund Obamacare irrational.

Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, said Republicans thinking they can repeal or defund Obamacare are ‘not rational.’

McCain responded to Cruz:

"I think Sen. Cruz is free to do whatever he wants to within the rules of the Senate. I will state again unequivocally that this is not something we can succeed in, that’s defunding Obamacare, because we don’t have 67 Republican votes in the Senate, which would be required to override the presidential veto.” McCain said that the people who are doing this are new, and they don’t have the experience that older Republicans had when Newt Gingrich shutdown the government."

McCain said he could not second guess why Boehner is going forward with this, but that it was obvious that he has problems within his caucus. McCain made it absolutely clear that there was zero chance an effort to defund Obamacare will pass, “I can tell you in the United States Senate. We will not repeal or defund Obamacare. We will not, and to think we can is irrational.”

When John McCain is the voice of rational reason in the room, Republicans have a lot of problems. This is the same John McCain who still defends invading Iraq, but even he sees that there is zero chance of any bill that defunds Obamacare passing the Senate. Even if the bill did pass, Republicans don’t have enough votes to override the certain presidential veto. It is just not going to happen.

The Republicans who are pushing defunding are doing so for their own benefit. Ted Cruz knows that defunding Obamacare will never pass the Senate, but he sees a chance to boost his possible 2016 presidential campaign by threatening a filibuster. (This would also allow him to match Rand Paul’s filibuster, and even in the score in the hearts of Republican primary voters.) McCain’s right. If Republicans shutdown the government over the ACA, they may end up losing the House.

The bigger problem is that the Obamacare jihad that the far right of the GOP is on is tearing the party apart. Older and more experienced Republicans are lining up against their inexperienced colleagues in a battle to prevent the ideologues from destroying the party. The conventional wisdom was that the Republicans can at least agree on getting rid of Obamacare, but that’s not true. Republicans can’t agree on anything.

What Republicans are doing is not irrational, it’s downright stupid. The Republican Party is getting to close to a full on collapse, and Democrats are more than happy to cheer them on.

• Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Seems other Retaqrdlicans feel the same way.

41 minutes ago

Peter King: Ted Cruz 'is a fraud'

Posted by CNN's Paul Courson

Washington (CNN) - The government shutdown showdown is getting ugly.

Republican Rep. Peter King said Friday that his Republican colleague in the Senate, Ted Cruz, "is a fraud" who will "no longer have any influence in the Republican Party" after the House votes on a measure that could potentially lead to a government shutdown.

King made his comments while on his way to a Republican meeting, shortly before the House was set to begin debating, then voting on the bill. The legislation provides funds for the government to stay afloat past the end of the fiscal year on September 30, but only if money for Obamacare is cut out.

The idea to tie the president's health care law to the government funding bill was aggressively pushed by Cruz and other Senate conservatives, including Sen. Marco Rubio and Sen. Mike Lee, this summer.

The House is expected to pass the bill, which will then go to the Democratic-controlled Senate where the Obamacare amendment will likely be killed. The bill would then be sent back to the House, which would have to decide whether to pass it and keep the government running, or defeat it and possibly see a government shutdown.

King, who's been strongly opposed to the bill, has essentially compared the strategy to a suicide mission.

"I hope people will get the message this guy is bad for the party," King said Friday, talking about Cruz, a potential 2016 presidential candidate. King is also a potential White House contender, as he has said he's thinking about running for president.

Asked if the House vote was more of a message to conservatives than to Obama, King said the vote is a signal that the GOP has "to take more realistic and practical approaches."

The congressman has said before that he can start ignoring the senator from Texas after the vote. He reiterated Friday he hopes that's still the case.

"We can't be going off on these false missions that Ted Cruz wants us to go on. The issues are too important. They're too serious, they require real conservative solutions, not cheap headline-hunting schemes," he said.

Cruz angered House conservatives earlier this week when he admitted in a statement that he doubts the Senate has enough votes to pass a government funding measure that also defunds Obamacare. He has nonetheless vowed to keep fighting in the Senate to generate support for the measure.

But with some Senate Republicans already saying they won't support Cruz in the effort, the chances of him succeeding so far appear unlikely.

Comment

• Zing!
      Veteran
      • Oct 2011

I don't think it's out of the question to expect a full-on implosion of the Republican Party in our lifetimes. It's almost there already, and the fight will be over who keeps the Republican brand name for history's sake and who gets renamed in the looming third party of nutjobs.
      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Poor Teabagging Teddy Cruz.... called out by his own party.

Oh well.... I hear CNN brought Crossfire back. Maybe when Ted loses his House seat he can take his (real) father's job. Apparently Newt "Moon Colony" Gingrich is doing it right now, and he's awful, from what I hear.....
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• jacksmar
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Everyone here knows where stand on this.......but,

Did the spineless Repukes de-fund,shut down, or sequester the IRS?

Last time I checked, even with a government shutdown, us Joe 6 packs are still required to pay our taxes, and Obamacare is paid for almost entirely by taxes.

Little hard to defund something when you're not not defunding something.
          Last edited by jacksmar; 09-20-2013, 03:52 PM.
          A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar
            Obamacare is paid for almost entirely by taxes.
            No it is not. It's mostly payments from the people to private insurance companies. There are some taxpayer subsidies for those who cannot afford to buy the mandatory corporate insurance, but many of those people will be enrolled in the expanded Medicaid system.

Which of course is a good thing, because those subsidies should absolutely NOT be going to some insurance CEO.

Now apply that logic to the entire system, and it proves how useless and ineffective the private corporate insurance model is, and should be eliminated entirely.

One system for all.....everybody covered equally from cradle to grave....no "caste system" for health care.

Hopefully we will get there eventually. The state single-payer systems (Vermont, and others soon to follow) will eventually be the proof that it can be done, and that it's better than the corporate clusterfuck.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

I had a great discussion with a Canadian Iron Maiden fan at the concert on Sept. 5 here in Gnashville.

He said critics in the US always claim that healthcare in Europe and Canada is substandard, hospitals are understaffed, etc.

He said it was absolutely not true. He said that they have a sales tax rate on everything that is 9% in Canada, but he and everyone he knows who have had major health issues to deal with have gotten first class treatment.....at zero cost.

The State of Tennessee alone has a 9% sales tax. So....by said logic.....any "taxes" that would be used to subsidize healthcare....would not amount to a hill of beans. I am already use to paying an outrageous sales tax because TN has no income tax.

Ok so the Retardlicans tried for the 41st time today to stop Obamacare from happening.

They are the laughingstock of the nation. Of course....nobody is laughing.....everyone is too pissed off at them for NOT DOING WHAT THEY WERE ELECTED TO DO....HELP THE NATION INSTEAD OF TRYING TO FUCKING DESTROY IT.

I WANT them to keep on trying to stop Obamacare. I WANT them to continue trying to murder our soldiers by sending them overseas to fight wars we have no business fighting. I WANT them to keep trying to destroy America.

Because the more they try to do these things, the more they will end up destroying THEMSELVES.

This world is moving into the 21st-century.

The fucking Republican assholes want to live in the 10th-century (or earlier....try 33 A.D.), but everyone else does not.

So.....as the articles above mention....the Retardlican Party is fucking themselves up.

Anyone who wants to destroy America should not be allowed to hold office.

Fucking idiots.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                Because the more they try to do these things, the more they will end up destroying THEMSELVES.

The problem with your statement is that regardless of all that they continue to get re-elected, whether that be because of selective redistricting or merely because of how Red that district has always been....

So while I completely agree with what you said, I don't see it changing anytime soon....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

When I first became/realized/admitted I was a Republican, I was proud to say it.
                  Now I am ashamed & embarrassed and feel I have to qualify my answer with "but not these new fucks, the old party".

When I was first a Van Halen fan I was proud to say it.
                  There was a decade or so where I was embarrassed to admit it and had to qualify my answer with "Roth years only. Maybe a couple tunes from 5150."

I used to be proud to tell people I was a 4th generation California native stemming back to the 1800's.
                  Now when people ask where I am, I feel shame when I say California.

My point is I think everything might go through cycles where it sucks. I'm still a Padres fan even though there were many years even people in San Diego gave me shit when I wore the hat. That team sucked, but was my team and I always held out hope that they would get better. The GOP is my team and I am holding out hope that they get better and I will still wear my hat.

But yeah, the GOP sucks pretty fucking bad right about now.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

I would be ashamed to admit the current round of Republicans got elected if I were a Republican.

Here is the thing......Congress is not getting anything done....and the public is getting pretty pissed off. The current Congress is going to have to fight really hard to keep their jobs....on BOTH sides of the aisle.

The Tea Party is causing the Republican Party to implode. They do not care about getting elected. They just want the black man ousted from office, and they want the US to be a Christian Fascist State....stuck in the 1950s.....so they hate any Republican moderates.....the moderates understand that if their goal is to appeal only to the conservatives....they do not stand a chance at being elected...but the Tea Partiers are foam-at-the-mouth batshit crazy.

Democrats are Democrats. In general, they pay attention to reality, are intellectuals, actually understand what science is, and have compassion for their fellow man.

The Tea Party does not care about reality, are gullible, ignorant and easily confused, science does not matter to them if facts get in the way of their religious beliefs, and they only have compassion for white conservative assholes.

The moderate Republicans need to either cast out the fascists, or eliminate their own political party. They cannot have their cake and eat it too.

Here is the interesting thing. In 2016, when a white person is elected president, an awful lot of Retardlicans will shut the hell up. It bothers a majority of them sooo much that a n**ger is in the White House.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                        Here is the interesting thing. In 2016, when a white person is elected president, an awful lot of Retardlicans will shut the hell up. It bothers a majority of them sooo much that a n**ger is in the White House.
                        Except that a lot of them will be just as pissed off about a woman in the White House, assuming that's what happens.

And by which, I mean Jill Stein or Elizabeth Warren, NOT Hillary Clinton!
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• envy_me
                          Swedish Love Pump
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Dec 2010

Since this is the active political thread, I'll post this here, I thought it was pretty funny.

The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...