X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Satan
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Last Hours of Humanity

"Last Hours" is the first in a series of short films that explore the perils of climate change and the solutions to avert climate disaster. Each subsequent film will highlight fact-based challenges facing the human race, and offer solutions to ameliorate these crises. The initial short film series will culminate in a feature film to be presented prior to COP21, the 2015 UN Conference on Climate Change in Paris.

An asset for the climate change movement, "Last Hours" will be disseminated globally to awaken modern culture worldwide about the various dangers associated with climate change.

"Last Hours" describes a science-based climate scenario where a tipping point to runaway climate change is triggered by massive releases of frozen methane. Methane, a powerful greenhouse gas, has already started to percolate into the open seas and atmosphere from methane hydrate deposits beneath melting arctic ice, from the warming northern-hemisphere tundra, and from worldwide continental-shelf undersea methane clathrate pools.

Burning fossil fuels release carbon that, principally through greenhouse effect, heat the atmosphere and the seas. This is happening most rapidly at the polar extremes, and this heating has already begun the process of releasing methane. If we do not begin to significantly curtail the use of carbon-based fossil fuels, this freed methane threatens to radically accelerate the speed of global warming, potentially producing a disaster beyond the ability of the human species to adapt.

This first video is designed to awaken people to the fact that the earth has experienced five major extinctions in the deep geologic past -- times when more than half of all life on earth vanished -- and that we are now entering a sixth extinction. Industrial civilization with its production of greenhouse gases has the ability to trigger a mass extinction; in the extreme, it could threaten not just human civilization, but the very existence of human life on this planet.

The world community and global citizens urgently need to chart a path forward that greatly reduces green house gas emissions. To take action and follow the pathway to solutions to the climate crisis, you can explore this website and you can also sign-up for future updates. Thank you.

"Last Hours" is presented and narrated by Thom Hartmann and directed by Leila Conners. Executive Producers are George DiCaprio and Earl Katz. Last Hours is produced by Mathew Schmid of Tree Media Foundation, and was written by Thom Hartmann, Sam Sacks, and Leila Conners. Music is composed and performed by Francesco Lupica.

Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

What needs to be done is a risk analysis.

If for example there is just a 2% chance that there is a 6 degree increase in temperature then a bunch of money should be spent to try an minimize that.

No one expects their house to burn down, it only happens to 1 in 10 000 Americans but almost everyone gets insurance, it would be insanely irresponsible not to.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Meh.
      Chances are the planet will remain habitable for at least the remainder of my life span.
      Honestly, if there was a co-ordinated, worldwide effort undertaken to try and save what we haven't yet altered of the environment, I'd be all for it. Short of that, a small percentage of people driving hybrid cars and recycling isn't gonna be worth the bother.
      Plus, we've already passed the threshold where more people are being born than dying, so even if the environment can be saved there soon won't be enough resouces to give everyone a decent standard of living.
      Not to be a buzzkill, but humanity fucked the planet and we've fucked ourselves. It's just that the chickens haven't come home to roost yet.
      It's a done deal.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• jacksmar
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Global Warming: Temperatures have flat-lined for 15 years, the Arctic and Antarctic are gaining record amounts of ice, most computer models have been wrong, yet the networks are buying into the alarmists' narrative.

Earth might not have a fever but the media do, judging by their hyperventilating about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's quite fraudulent report (Fifth Assessment Report or 5AR) released Sept. 27. One network — CBS— even turned a blind eye to the truth and claimed that temperatures "could have risen by more than 200 degrees."
        A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar
          http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...pcc-report.htm

Global Warming: Temperatures have flat-lined for 15 years, the Arctic and Antarctic are gaining record amounts of ice, most computer models have been wrong, yet the networks are buying into the alarmists' narrative.

Earth might not have a fever but the media do, judging by their hyperventilating about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's quite fraudulent report (Fifth Assessment Report or 5AR) released Sept. 27. One network — CBS— even turned a blind eye to the truth and claimed that temperatures "could have risen by more than 200 degrees."
          Complete horseshit. It's sophistic science done by some douchebag on the take from the oil and gas industry essentially cherrypicking statistical years to make it seem like we're not warming. He purposely chose the two lowest temperature years to to completely skew the data from the last 100 or 200 years. But hey, you'll drown first, jerksmar...

Comment

• Satan
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

I'm sure that 20 years ago, Jerksmear completely agreed with the tobacco industry "scientists" who said that cigarettes were completely safe and absolutely non-addictive.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister

If for example there is just a 2% chance that there is a 6 degree increase in temperature then a bunch of money should be spent to try an minimize that.
                Hahahahahaha...

Comment

• Satan
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

One would think that a guy who literally lives in a swamp would be more concerned about drowning.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Why, because algore and some other frauds told me to be afraid ??

Comment

• dazzlindino
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      no...because your alter ego said not to......
                      I want my music waking up the dead.....dont tell me to turn it down

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                        Right, you're too busy being Alexis Jonas' bitch! Only he'll tell you when to be afraid!

Comment

• jacksmar
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Simple question - what is the right amount of heat?

Comment

• Satan
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar
                            Simple question - what is the right amount of heat?
                            You'll find out when you get to Hell

Comment

• jacksmar
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Religion for the truly ignorant.

Comment

Working...