PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen Suing Alex's Ex

Seshmeister
10-14-2013, 08:22 PM
Van Halen Suing Alex's Ex

http://img6.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/n/0/n035nu1sa8m2uns0.jpg?kj8as6ye

The former wife of Van Halen’s drummer is being sued over the alleged illegal use of the rock band’s name to sell clothing, blankets and fashion accessories. According to court papers filed in Los Angeles, Kelly Van Halen is accused of illegally infringing on the group’s registered trademark to market her fashion line. The plaintiffs claim Kelly’s items are “identical or closely related to” merchandise sold by Van Halen which is causing a “loss in the value” to the band’s name.

A website called www.kellyvanhalen.com is currently under construction and is registered to a Kelly Van Halen at a residential address in LA.

Kelly and Alex Van Halen were married for 12 years until their 1996 divorce and have two sons together.

Van Halen trademarked its name upon the 1978 release of their debut album.

Terry
10-14-2013, 08:49 PM
Maybe Dave's gonna have to fuck some sense into her...again:D

DLR Bridge
10-14-2013, 09:34 PM
He has two sons? Man, that guy sure kept things private.

Satan
10-14-2013, 09:44 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Kelly would be the sister of one Ray Danniels, and the means by which that piece of shit wedged his way into the lives of the Van Halen brothers. Wouldn't surprise me if he's helping his sister in her attempts to exploit the name.

Satan
10-14-2013, 09:46 PM
He has two sons? Man, that guy sure kept things private.

Well.... one of his sons, Aric, was an Olympic athlete in 2012. Can't remember if he won any medals or not.

DLR Bridge
10-14-2013, 10:12 PM
That's the only one I knew of. Does spawn #2 have a name?

VAiN
10-14-2013, 10:14 PM
Van Halen Suing Alex's Ex

http://img6.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/n/0/n035nu1sa8m2uns0.jpg?kj8as6ye

Kelly and Alex Van Halen were married for 12 years until their 1996 divorce..

So Alex wasn't married until, and during, the hagar era.. This really makes a lot of sense.

Satan
10-14-2013, 10:21 PM
So Alex wasn't married until, and during, the hagar era.. This really makes a lot of sense.

Kelly wasn't his first wife. He was married to Valeri Kendall in 1983, but their engagement lasted longer than their marriage did, if a Devil remembers correctly.

fraroc
10-14-2013, 10:37 PM
http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/200/BT/BTAZWPPKMCLWBSS.20120922045428.jpg

Aric looks totally like his dad, though.

Satan
10-14-2013, 10:41 PM
fuck yeah he does. Except Alex had the near-afro when he was younger.

DLR Bridge
10-15-2013, 05:41 AM
It's such a curse for the kid when the parents give their kid a name very close in pronunciation to a more common name. You know how many times this poor (not so poor) kid has had to say "not Eric, ARIC dammit!"

I once worked with a girl named Vittoria. Everybody tried to correct her when she introduced herself, as if the chick couldn't pronounce the letter C in her own name.

Seshmeister
10-15-2013, 07:13 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Kelly would be the sister of one Ray Danniels, and the means by which that piece of shit wedged his way into the lives of the Van Halen brothers. Wouldn't surprise me if he's helping his sister in her attempts to exploit the name.

Here is what you posted about it 13 years ago. :)

I'm still a bit puzzled by the fact that Danniels apparently continues to do an incredible job with Rush who go from strength to strength year after year now even appearing in regularly in their videos.

Also I never quite realized the timing - Alex was already going through his divorce when his brother in law was getting Cherone in the band.

Ray Danniels has been the manager of RUSH their entire career. They are the only major band he has not destroyed. By some odd coincidence, Alex Van Halen found himself married to Kelly Danniels, Ray's sister.
In 1994, Van Hagar's manager Ed Leffler died of cancer. At the time, Sammy was going through the breakup of his first marriage and Eddie was beginning his road to sobriety. When Alex's brother in law stepped in and offered to manage the band, it was one less thing for all of them to worry about.

Almost instantly Danniels tried to take over the band. He found Eddie easy enough to manipulate, and naturally Alex and Mikey would go along with whatever Edward wanted. Sammy Hagar wasn't buying it. When Ray tried to tell Sammy what to wear and how to act on stage, Hagar's reply was "Fuck you Mr. Manager. YOU'RE the new guy around here. We do what we want". Danniels knew that he would never control the band as long as Sammy was in the picture. He began to manipulate feuds between Sammy and Eddie. This was made easier during the Balance tour when Eddie and Alex (as recovering alcoholics) were separated from Sammy and Mikey, who were still partying.

By the end of the Balance tour in early 1996, the band was exhausted. They were supposed to have some down time in which Eddie and Alex could deal with their (now infamous) physical problems. Sammy, meanwhile was to spend time in Hawaii with his new wife who was pregnant at the time. Out of nowhere, Danniels announces to thae band that he has signed them to do 2 songs for the soundtrack of the movie Twister. The band goes into the studio and cuts 2 songs, "Humans Being" and "Between Us Two". In the middle of the Twister sessions, Danniels announces to the group that they will be releasing a greatest hits CD and that "Between us Two" will be held over for that CD. By this time Kari Hagar is in her final trimester of pregnancy and Sammy is understandably pissed. (the recording of F.U.C.K. had been delayed for months while Valerie was pregnant with Wolfie, and nobody had questioned Ed's loyalty to the band). Hagar finishes the Twister project and flys to Hawaii to be with his wife.

Meanwhile by this time Extreme (also managed by Danniels) has split up after Nuno Bettencourt left for a solo career. It's now common knowledge that Nuno left because of Danniels, who had only managed Extreme for a short time. Ray has a thought... I got a singer here with no band, and I got another band with a singer I can't control.... Hmmmm... Why not??? Danniels flies Gary Cherone out to meet Eddie Van Halen in either late May or early June of 1996.

Meanwhile, WB records has notified David Lee Roth of the upcoming greatest hits package. Dave calls Eddie to ask how his material will be represented on the album. The 2 get together and talk in person, and by some miracle (so it would seem) end up planning to record together. So in mid june of 1996, Eddie was in the studio with both David Lee Roth AND Gary Cherone, and Sammy Hagar was still officially in the band!

On Father's Day (note the irony here) that all changed. Eddie calls Sammy at home in Hawaii early in the morning. Sammy says Eddie was drunk. Given the cowardly nature of the phone call, I really don't doubt it. Eddie tells Sammy "we have been working with Dave, and you might as well go back to being a solo artist" Naturally, he didn't mention anything about Gary Cherone.

Word of DAVE being in the studio spread fast. While the recording was never said to be more than 2 songs, the story grew and soon the entire country was shouting REUNION TOUR!! The MTV Awards appearance only solidified that story. At NO POINT between Sammy's firing and the MTV awards did Ray Danniels or Edward Van Halen EVER issue a statement saying that Van Halen was NOT planning a reunion, or that they were working with Gary Cherone.

We all know how that turned out. Danniels manipulated the whole fucking mess. Without him, there never would have been a VD III. It's arguable whether or not we would have heard "Me Wise Magic" in 1996, so maybe it wasn't ALL bad.

All I can say is..... Thank God it's over!!

Angel
10-15-2013, 08:25 AM
Well.... one of his sons, Aric, was an Olympic athlete in 2012. Can't remember if he won any medals or not.

No, he didn't make the team.

chefcraig
10-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Well, fuck me. There goes my hopes for a long, cold winter listening to the Magnificent Seven wrapped in a red, black and white Van Halen Snuggie, confident in the knowledge of Ed saying "It's what I use." :duh:

ZahZoo
10-15-2013, 10:09 AM

Aric participated in Olympic Trials but didn't make the cut so he has never competed in the Olympics. He graduated in May from the University of Colorado with a degree in film studies. Aric is the son of Al's ex Kelly Carter.

More info here... http://running.competitor.com/2013/06/news/5-questions-with-aric-van-halen_76388

The other son is Malcolm who's mother is Stine Schyberg, Al's current wife. Malcolm traveled with Alex this year on the band's tour stops in Australia and Japan. He posted some great shots on instagram... unfortunately the account was pulled shortly after the 2013 tour ended.

http://img7.bdbphotos.com/images/huge/8/i/8im7zctvexqwvqe.jpg?kj8as6ye

BITEYOASS
10-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Well I'll give Aric Van Halen credit for the fact that he competed in a real Olympic sport, instead of that Dressage Horse BS.

sadaist
10-15-2013, 11:09 AM
In my divorce papers, the first thing I had the lawyer put in there was that the ex had to change her last name. I didn't want other guys fucking a chick with my name. Silly I know but it bothered me so I had it put in the papers. I should have gotten the damn ring back too, pawned it, and blown all the money on lap dances.

DLR Bridge
10-15-2013, 12:25 PM
I don't think any of that sounded silly.

DlocRoth
10-15-2013, 01:19 PM
In my divorce papers, the first thing I had the lawyer put in there was that the ex had to change her last name. I didn't want other guys fucking a chick with my name. Silly I know but it bothered me so I had it put in the papers. I should have gotten the damn ring back too, pawned it, and blown all the money on lap dances.

Dig THIS one, bro.

My wife and I have both been married once before. Her pussified ex had daddy issues or some such and took HER last name when they got married.

She obviously took mine when we got hitched. So this douche is running around now with her last name. And she's an only child. Weird, huh?

But at the end of the day it doesn't mean fuck all.

We were high school sweethearts so I fucked her first. Damn, I bet that chaps his ass.:first:

VHscraps
10-15-2013, 01:46 PM
http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics32/200/BT/BTAZWPPKMCLWBSS.20120922045428.jpg

which one is the rock star's son? Why, it's the guy with the shades and the tattoo (the name is on the bib). Looks more like Alex here:

http://www.coloradorunnermag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/UCFOQTBXDLWJDOU.20120607223318.jpg

chefcraig
10-15-2013, 02:01 PM
I dunno...the guy on the right's name is apparently "Cotton Invisible." If that ain't a punk band name, nothing else is.

Sensible Shoes
10-15-2013, 02:41 PM
Think there's any significance to the fact the VH brothers fathered no girls? Maybe they drowned them at birth.

VHscraps
10-15-2013, 03:12 PM
I dunno...the guy on the right's name is apparently "Cotton Invisible." If that ain't a punk band name, nothing else is.

Damn good eyesight you have.

twonabomber
10-15-2013, 03:18 PM

I'm seeing his last name as "Jarvis." Didn't blow up the pic though.

indeedido
10-15-2013, 03:20 PM

Is that Eddie Haskell?

DLR Bridge
10-15-2013, 03:41 PM

Appears to be Collin Jarvis, son of... Cookie?

Ok. That was bad.

fryingdutchman
10-16-2013, 11:09 AM

I agree twona..

I'm going with "Collin Jarvis."

And this is the kind of speculation we've been reduced to during downtime in VH-land....

:duh:

chefcraig
10-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Damn good eyesight you have.

That's OK. I could swear the guy behind him is named Ginger Baker.

Seshmeister
10-16-2013, 04:12 PM
I agree twona..

I'm going with "Collin Jarvis."

And this is the kind of speculation we've been reduced to during downtime in VH-land....

:duh:

I think we've actually reached a new low... :D

VHscraps
10-16-2013, 05:02 PM
http://mattcornell.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/someone_is_wrong_on_the_internet1.jpg

DrMaddVibe
10-17-2013, 07:27 AM
That's OK. I could swear the guy behind him is named Ginger Baker.

Still blinding people with his talents I see!

jacksmar
10-17-2013, 09:02 AM

Still have your Ray Danniels radar up after all these years FORD?

http://mobileproductionpro.com/display_contact.php?c=1tv

You're welcome.

Satan
10-17-2013, 01:38 PM
Still have your Ray Danniels radar up after all these years FORD?

http://mobileproductionpro.com/display_contact.php?c=1tv

You're welcome.

Figures that idiot would have his company advertised by fools that can't even spell his name right.

TJMKID
10-17-2013, 07:06 PM

Why am I sensing some kind of Menendez Brothers murder plot brewing inside this kid's head in a few years?

Kids of celebs don't usually get the community college degree and become a regional manager at Starbuck's. They either get greased into a showbiz career like Jaden Smith or Kelly Osbourne or they go off the deep end like Christian Brando. Once this kid's amateur athlete career dries up, he's gonna start eyeing all of Daddy's money and not happy to just wait around for another 30 years for the old man to croak.

VHscraps
10-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Why am I sensing some kind of Menendez Brothers murder plot brewing inside this kid's head in a few years?

Kids of celebs don't usually get the community college degree and become a regional manager at Starbuck's. They either get greased into a showbiz career like Jaden Smith or Kelly Osbourne or they go off the deep end like Christian Brando. Once this kid's amateur athlete career dries up, he's gonna start eyeing all of Daddy's money and not happy to just wait around for another 30 years for the old man to croak.

Awesome ... nearly fell on my arse laughing.

SunisinuS
10-17-2013, 08:16 PM
Aric participated in Olympic Trials but didn't make the cut so he has never competed in the Olympics. He graduated in May from the University of Colorado with a degree in film studies. Aric is the son of Al's ex Kelly Carter.

More info here... http://running.competitor.com/2013/06/news/5-questions-with-aric-van-halen_76388

The other son is Malcolm who's mother is Stine Schyberg, Al's current wife. Malcolm traveled with Alex this year on the band's tour stops in Australia and Japan. He posted some great shots on instagram... unfortunately the account was pulled shortly after the 2013 tour ended.

http://img7.bdbphotos.com/images/huge/8/i/8im7zctvexqwvqe.jpg?kj8as6ye

Lol is THAT Ray Daniels on our right photobombing them?

:bigwink:

BenJammin
10-23-2013, 11:49 AM
She's kind of a 'man head'.