PDA

View Full Version : Bob Costas Is A Jerk

DrMaddVibe
10-15-2013, 08:22 AM
Anyone else tired of him climbing up on a soapbox to hear his own speech?

Hey Bob, if you can't just call the game...STFU!

ELVIS
10-15-2013, 09:07 AM
He's part of the agenda to keep the sheeple asleep...

Kristy
10-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Why don't the both of your racist retards with your combined intellect that still wouldn't buy either one of you a G.E.D. shut the fuck up?

Angel
10-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Why don't the both of your racist retards with your combined intellect that still wouldn't buy either one of you a G.E.D. shut the fuck up?

Gawd....you're hot! ;)

BITEYOASS
10-15-2013, 10:29 AM
In addition to being racist towards native-americans, let's not also forget that the Redskins were the last team to integrate blacks since their owner at the time (George Marshall) was a racist asshole. He even forced his black players sing Dixie, along with the fans.

sonrisa salvaje
10-15-2013, 10:50 AM
The word firecracker offends me. I am going to ask them to change it to firecaucasion.

dazzlindino
10-15-2013, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Kristy

Gawd....you're hot! ;)

yep, she is the best looking can of bug spray on the internets....

Satan
10-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Just for the record, here's what AssVibe is whining about, in case you missed it......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7P_4y2NbnY

I don't see how anybody could have a problem with that. It's an accurate assessment of the situation, without being critical of the players or the coaches of the team itself.

Speaking as one who actually HAS red skin, I have never understood this particular nickname for Native Americans, and it's time for the name to go.

It's not without precedent in Washington DC.... somebody thought the name "Bullets" was offensive for an NBA team, so they changed that to the "Wizards" (which ironically could be just as offensive, if the Wizards wore pointy white hoods instead of pointy hats)

sonrisa salvaje
10-15-2013, 04:43 PM
I am not taking sides in this debate but isn't the word "Washington" just as shameful these days as "Redskins" is? Maybe they should drop both.

sonrisa salvaje
10-15-2013, 04:50 PM
I'll tell you something else. If we are so concerned about offending the Native Americans i'm sure they would rather have their land back than have us playing mascot police.

Zing!
10-15-2013, 05:01 PM
Don't they play in Maryland?

Satan
10-15-2013, 06:00 PM
Don't they play in Maryland?

And I believe their practice facility is actually in Virginia.

Maybe they should drop the Washington as well. Call themselves the Beltway.....whatever.

Angel
10-15-2013, 06:10 PM

Nickdfresh
10-15-2013, 07:04 PM
The word firecracker offends me. I am going to ask them to change it to firecaucasion.

Yeah, um, it's more than that. It's the retards that comprise the Foreskin's fan base taking "Indian" items and putting on pigs tantamount to taking religious symbols and shoving them up each other's assholes during an NFL game to celebrate touchdowns...

ODShowtime
10-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Just be patient folks Costas might research the issue more and then totally change his mind... but backtrack on a lessor forum. It depends on how busy he was the day he issued his proclamation.

Terry
10-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Bob Costas strikes me as someone who, as a kid, was probably picked last everytime teams were chosen...for whatever sport...if he was even picked at all.
He probably wasn't able to run, throw or catch anything, so he grew up to become someone who comments on how well (or not) someone ELSE is playing any given sport.
Fuck him.
Fuck Fran Tarkenton too, while I'm at it (he knows what he did).

Satan
10-15-2013, 09:47 PM
http://media.cagle.com/16/2013/10/14/138757_600.jpg

DLR Bridge
10-15-2013, 10:27 PM
I'll tell you something else. If we are so concerned about offending the Native Americans i'm sure they would rather have their land back than have us playing mascot police.

Yeah, it kind of reminds me of the Seinfeld when George trashes Jerry's car, then buys him a cup of coffee as an apology.

George- "I just wanted to say I'm sorry"
Jerry- "Ehh, cup of coffee should cover it" (much sarcasm)

Native Americans are like, "we're victims of your manifest destiny, and now your gonna make it aaaall better by going after team names? Golly. Thanks for that!"

Angel
10-16-2013, 12:34 AM
Yeah, it kind of reminds me of the Seinfeld when George trashes Jerry's car, then buys him a cup of coffee as an apology.

George- "I just wanted to say I'm sorry"
Jerry- "Ehh, cup of coffee should cover it" (much sarcasm)

Native Americans are like, "we're victims of your manifest destiny, and now your gonna make it aaaall better by going after team names? Golly. Thanks for that!"

True. Although many are bothered by those names all the same.

ELVIS
10-16-2013, 07:37 AM
Although many are bothered by those names all the same.

And most are not...

It's a non-issue and an indication of how easily the sheep are led away from matters of real significance...

Angel
10-16-2013, 08:58 AM
And most are not...

It's a non-issue and an indication of how easily the sheep are led away from matters of real significance...

Re-naming is a very important piece of de-colonization. And for First Nations people it is not a non-issue. There are more pressing matters, but that doesn't mean that many aren't offended by the racial terms...

You being the racist prick you are I'm not surprised you don't "get it".

DLR Bridge
10-16-2013, 09:02 AM
If I were native American, I'd actually be more offended by this...http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/16/esu8a2ep.jpg
Corporate American fat cat shoes emblazoned with the look of the traditional moccasin. Not cool.

twonabomber
10-16-2013, 09:06 AM
It's not without precedent in Washington DC.... somebody thought the name "Bullets" was offensive for an NBA team, so they changed that to the "Wizards" (which ironically could be just as offensive, if the Wizards wore pointy white hoods instead of pointy hats)

That would have been ownership:

In 1995, owner Abe Pollin announced he was changing the team's name because Bullets had acquired violent overtones that had made him increasingly uncomfortable over the years, particularly given the high homicide and crime rate in the early 1990s in Washington, D.C. The final straw was the assassination of his longtime friend, Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin.

On May 15, 1997, the Bullets officially became the Washington Wizards. The change generated some controversy because Washington is a predominantly African-American city and Wizard is a rank in the Ku Klux Klan

Angel
10-16-2013, 09:19 AM
If I were native American, I'd actually be more offended by this...
Corporate American fat cat shoes emblazoned with the look of the traditional moccasin. Not cool.

Lol, I have a friend that's a clothing designer, I'll have to ask her about that.

Up here, our First Peoples have much bigger fish to fry...

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada-faces-a-crisis-on-aboriginal-reserves-un-investigator-1.1497612

ELVIS
10-16-2013, 09:41 AM
that doesn't mean that many aren't offended by the racial terms...

You being the racist prick you are I'm not surprised you don't "get it".

The only people "offended" are the overly sensitive white sheeple, like yourself...

ELVIS
10-16-2013, 09:43 AM
AP (http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/indians-redskins-slur-20505945)

The name of a certain pro football team in Washington, D.C., has inspired protests, hearings, editorials, lawsuits, letters from Congress, even a presidential nudge. Yet behind the headlines, it's unclear how many Native Americans think "Redskins" is a racial slur.

Perhaps this uncertainty shouldn't matter — because the word has an undeniably racist history, or because the team says it uses the word with respect, or because in a truly decent society, some would argue, what hurts a few should be avoided by all.

But the thoughts and beliefs of native people are the basis of the debate over changing the team name. And looking across the breadth of Indian Country — with 2 million Indians enrolled in 566 federally recognized tribes, plus another 3.2 million who tell the Census they are Indian — it's difficult to tell how many are opposed to the name.

The controversy has peaked in the last few days. President Barack Obama said Saturday he would consider getting rid of the name if he owned the team, and the NFL took the unprecedented step Monday of promising to meet with the Oneida Indian Nation, which is waging a national ad campaign against the league.

What gets far less attention, though, is this:

There are Native American schools that call their teams Redskins. The term is used affectionately by some natives, similar to the way the N-word is used by some African-Americans. In the only recent poll to ask native people about the subject, 90 percent of respondents did not consider the term offensive, although many question the cultural credentials of the respondents.

All of which underscores the oft-overlooked diversity within Indian Country.

"Marginalized communities are too often treated monolithically," said Carter Meland, a professor of American Indian Studies at the University of Minnesota.

"Stories on the mascot issue always end up exploring whether it is right or it is wrong, respectful or disrespectful," said Meland, an Ojibwe Indian.

He believes Indian mascots are disrespectful, but said: "It would be interesting to get a sense of the diversity of opinion within a native community."

Those communities vary widely.

Tommy Yazzie, superintendent of the Red Mesa school district on the Navajo Nation reservation, grew up when Navajo children were forced into boarding schools to disconnect them from their culture. Some were punished for speaking their native language. Today, he sees environmental issues as the biggest threat to his people.

The high school football team in his district is the Red Mesa Redskins.

"We just don't think that (name) is an issue," Yazzie said. "There are more important things like busing our kids to school, the water settlement, the land quality, the air that surrounds us. Those are issues we can take sides on."

"Society, they think it's more derogatory because of the recent discussions," Yazzie said. "In its pure form, a lot of Native American men, you go into the sweat lodge with what you've got — your skin. I don't see it as derogatory."

Neither does Eunice Davidson, a Dakota Sioux who lives on the Spirit Lake reservation in North Dakota. "It more or less shows that they approve of our history," she said.

:elvis:

Angel
10-16-2013, 09:54 AM
The only people "offended" are the overly sensitive white sheeple, like yourself...

That's where you're wrong. I'm not offended by it as it is not a slur against my race. I know many that are offended though...none of them white...

ELVIS
10-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Yeah right...:rolleyes:

fryingdutchman
10-16-2013, 11:12 AM
The red skin is a result of the rampant alcoholism.

(Just felt like piling on a stereotype bandwagon for a second....I now return you to regular programming)

fryingdutchman
10-16-2013, 11:16 AM
When I was a kid there was a store on the Atlantic City boardwalk called "Teepee Town" that I used to frequent.

They carried all sorts of items like the Minnetonka moccasins and feathered headdresses. They also had quite a selection of toy weapons (tomahawks and such)...because as we all know, Native Americans are nothing but grunting savages who were hell bent on scalping the white man. They even had a "cigar store Indian" right at the front door.

I see now that my patronage was doing nothing but fueling the fires of racism and negative stereotypes of Native Americans.

I'm so ashamed..having contributed to this kind of exploitation.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/rqlqb.ntlha/v/vspfiles/photos/btac085-2T.jpg

If that store were still around today, I would be first in line outside with a protest sign demanding that the name be changed to "Native American Mercantile."

What a crazy world....but 30 years ago people had more legitimate issues to worry about. I hope they change the name to the "Washington Honkies" so I can be an enraged white guy.

DrMaddVibe
10-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Yeah...and how dare they call themselves "Patriots"...now we see them for what they really are! And "Saints"...they should change the name to the New Orleans Flying Spaghetti Monster!

Jeez...seriously how some of you got all wrapped up in pseudo racism. Take a breath of air and relax. i think the ones that rose the most hell on this thread would go out of their way to rip any person down regardless of any color, religion or anything else one could use to stigmatize a human.

It's a freaking game people. Don't watch or support it if you feel so damned strongly...you can take any damned sports team name and use it for some exploited twisted reason. My point in this thread is that Bob Costas is supposed to be telling you about the game. What did he do instead? STFU Bob. Do your damned job Bob. People used to think it was weird to come over and watch a game at my house...volume off...music blaring. I do that most of the time...especially for certain playcallers...Had one friend call me up and tell me to watch Bob on You Tube because he KNEW I wasn't listening. All Bob did was prove me right. Just call the game Bob...you can't even do that right though!

DrMaddVibe
10-16-2013, 11:53 AM
In addition to being racist towards native-americans, let's not also forget that the Redskins were the last team to integrate blacks since their owner at the time (George Marshall) was a racist asshole. He even forced his black players sing Dixie, along with the fans.

And the first team to win a Super Bowl WITH a black quarterback! Lets not let facts get in the way though!

Kristy
10-16-2013, 01:12 PM
Oh, that more than makes up for years of racism. Idiot.

chefcraig
10-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Hey, is Sambo's still open anywhere? :headscratch:

DrMaddVibe
10-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Hey, is Sambo's still open anywhere? :headscratch:

Yeah. but they're called Denny's!

No lie!

Nickdfresh
10-16-2013, 08:34 PM
Chris Rock from 1991...

Satan
10-17-2013, 03:50 PM
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/StiglT/2013/StiglT20131016_low.jpg

DrMaddVibe
10-17-2013, 04:23 PM
Wow...that's a stretch...now if they'd use an Indian totem pole as a helmet design...now that wouldn't be racist in any way shape or form I suppose...mmmmmm?

chefcraig
10-17-2013, 08:24 PM
Golly, I guess that this will also soon need to be artificially removed from public memory as well...

http://img1.imagehousing.com/63/0bbc6b6522c434a54242b04a3c60b32b.jpg (http://www.imagehousing.com/image/1163086)

Nickdfresh
10-17-2013, 09:40 PM
Golly, I guess that this will also soon need to be artificially removed from public memory as well...

http://img1.imagehousing.com/63/0bbc6b6522c434a54242b04a3c60b32b.jpg (http://www.imagehousing.com/image/1163086)

Well, for fuck's sake the film with Stifler and Jackass already did that!

DrMaddVibe
10-18-2013, 07:25 AM
NOT SO FAST!!!!

We'll still have...

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/picture/OTT70ER/DaisyDukeShorts.png