PDA

View Full Version : Indystar: Van Hagar struggle to sell a profitable amount of tickets.

Greenbuds
06-29-2004, 03:27 AM
http://www.indystar.com/articles/6/158255-9226-062.html

Concert promoters play let's make a deal
To drum up business, several shows discount tickets.

July may be the busiest month of the year for live music, and concert promoters really would like to see you at one of their shows.

Deals for customers are coming fast and furious as some of music's biggest names struggle to sell a profitable amount of tickets.

But the aggressiveness to fill the venue for Van Halen's current reunion tour may be unmatched.

Tickets for the band's Thursday show at Verizon went on sale May 8 for $92.50 in the pavilion and $40.50 on the lawn.

On June 3, Clear Channel discounted lawn seating to $25, with all parking and ticket service fees included. A $10 food voucher also is part of the deal.

The Van Halen offer, Bongiovanni says, draws attention as an extreme bargain.

Panamark
06-29-2004, 03:32 AM
More food on offer ! "Pig Rock" is here with a vengeance!!

DavidLeeNatra
06-29-2004, 03:36 AM
hey hagaritas...can you spell "cancellation upcoming"?

Panamark
06-29-2004, 04:15 AM
Hey look at it this way, if you can get the tix for less than $4 on ebay and you get a $10 food voucher thrown in, its a cheap meal :)

DavidLeeNatra
06-29-2004, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Hey look at it this way, if you can get the tix for less than $4 on ebay and you get a $10 food voucher thrown in, its a cheap meal :)

:D :D :D

Cathedral
06-29-2004, 04:39 AM
More food on offer ! "Pig Rock" is here with a vengeance!!

ROTMFFLMMFAO, dude you have got to stop it with the one liner landmines all over the place. you're killing me over here...

Panamark
06-29-2004, 06:57 AM
LMAO ! its all reciprocal. I just feed off all you funny bastards !

Foozwah
06-29-2004, 07:13 AM
Bwaaahahahaha! Another thread where the Spam-Sheep are curiously silent.

What a great fucking day. :cool:

Panamark
06-29-2004, 07:17 AM
(In my best Apocolypse Now mindset)

I love the smell of Lanolin in the morning !

gslinger
06-29-2004, 07:30 AM
Here's my comments off the Tracking thread. Ignore my last paragraph, just venting again...gs

-------------
In a very uncharacteristic move the last two weeks, I have observed Clear Channel executives swarming the media trying to explain away why Tours, including Van Halen, are bombing. Some of these Tours, including Van Halen, are 30-50% below initial expectations. In plain English that means they are losing their ass!

I will have the numbers for the East Coast leg of this Van Halen Tour done by late this weekend. As it looks presently, the VH Tour will come off the East Coast in a loss position. I am positive about this Tour’s loss to-date, but not the magnitude of the loss until the rest of the numbers come in. As I stated in a previous post, these numbers have become almost impossible to obtain, for obvious reasons. Luckily, plenty of people still work for CCC corporate in San Antonio, that hate that fraudulent place. I also still have good contacts with several ranking VH Tour crew members. More later..

Recently, I have reviewed 11 articles in regular and trade news media regarding this year’s significant Tour problems. I was asked to comment on this particular article, so here’s my excerpted comments. My apologizes up- front for my tone, but frankly I have really had all the crap I am going to take out of several disruptive assholes on this Forum!

Panamark
06-29-2004, 07:50 AM
As they say, it aint over until the fat lady sings.

Well guess what, the fat lady is singing, and her name is Spammy !!

John Holmes
06-29-2004, 08:02 AM

You know what? All this shit reminds me those welfare trips that happen here in Italy to make old bums happy. They go to see the Pope, eat dog food in some crappy restaurant out of Rome, then organizers sneak in their hands some cheap hat with "Exxon" or "Shell" written on it, all for 9.99 EUR.

Considering that hitting a Van Hagar concert means you'd be eating a lot of Spam, musically and foodwise, I prefer the welfare trip, at least the Pope is thinner and has more kicks on stage than Spammy - not to mention in his nineties the Pope still has a better voice than that fat goateed washed-up has-been fuck.

BrownSound1
06-29-2004, 11:28 AM
92 bucks is damn high for any band....hell I don't know if I'd pay it. LOL

Figs
06-29-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Brownsound1

You know, that is a good point. There are very few bands I would shell out 92 per ticket for, a real VH would qualify for me. Bands I've seen a few times, even though I still like them I can't see shelling out that kind of money on, especially if I have to shell out for my wife too!

Steve Savicki
06-30-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Brownsound1
DLR doesn't charge that much for his shows?

DR CHIP
06-30-2004, 12:54 PM
At least Dave's guitar player knows how to play Unchained....

DavidLeeNatra
06-30-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by DR CHIP

:D

Roth kills Sam
06-30-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by DR CHIP

da dunt
dundundundundun
dada dunt da dada dunt da
da dunt
dundundundundun
dada dunt da dada

Steve Savicki
06-30-2004, 03:06 PM
Who screwed up on "unchained"?

DavidLeeNatra
06-30-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Roth kills Sam
da dunt
dundundundundun
dada dunt da dada dunt da
da dunt
dundundundundun
dada dunt da dada

ha ha...we had a "guess that song"-thread here and that was fucking funny...