X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Official 2013 Election Night Thread

Yeah, it used to be that off-year elections were yawn inducing, but maybe not so much this year.

Some things to watch:

1) Having legalized weed last year, Colorado now votes on how to tax it.

2) GMO labeling on the ballot in Washington state. MonSatan and the other frankenfood producers lied their way to victory in Collieforneea last year. They have dropped a shit load of money in this state trying to do the same thing. Will they get away with it twice? This has HUGE national implications, both on the GMO front if it succeeds, and the question of how ANYBODY can fight against Shittizens United enabled hyper-corporatization of elections, if it fails.

3) A couple of governors races.... Jabba the Christie in NJ is sadly expected an easy victory. And up the road a little ways in Virginia, voters have the "Hobson's choice" of Terry McUseless vs the Vaginal Probe CBN Puppet lunatic Coochinelli. God knows I could never bring myself to vote for a piece of shit who helped destroy the Democratic party, but then I don't live in Virginia, thank God!

If you got the results on these votes or others with any national implications, put 'em up.....
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
    Yeah, it used to be that off-year elections were yawn inducing, but maybe not so much this year.

Some things to watch:

1) Having legalized weed last year, Colorado now votes on how to tax it.

2) GMO labeling on the ballot in Washington state. MonSatan and the other frankenfood producers lied their way to victory in Collieforneea last year. They have dropped a shit load of money in this state trying to do the same thing. Will they get away with it twice? This has HUGE national implications, both on the GMO front if it succeeds, and the question of how ANYBODY can fight against Shittizens United enabled hyper-corporatization of elections, if it fails.

3) A couple of governors races.... Jabba the Christie in NJ is sadly expected an easy victory. And up the road a little ways in Virginia, voters have the "Hobson's choice" of Terry McUseless vs the Vaginal Probe CBN Puppet lunatic Coochinelli. God knows I could never bring myself to vote for a piece of shit who helped destroy the Democratic party, but then I don't live in Virginia, thank God!

If you got the results on these votes or others with any national implications, put 'em up.....
    Cuccinelli's up early here, but the only locations who've turned in their votes are out in the boonies in Wrning-land....

McCauliffe will run away with it when Northern VA and Hampton Roads finishes...
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• baru911
      Head Fluffer
      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      McCauliffe will run away with it when Northern VA and Hampton Roads finishes...
      Didn't he have a 6 or 7 point lead depending on the poll that was release a few days ago? If he doesn't win it would be as large a surprise as NJ's Big Boy losing. Christy looks like the statue out front of the Big Boy restaurants. If only we could get him to put on a pair of red and white checkered overalls and run down the boardwalk eating an ice cream cone and carrying a burger on a plate. That would be something!
      Just remember boys and girls, to get Nick the Dick and his partner FORD off your porch when they come to your home you just need to pay them for the pizza.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by baru911
        Didn't he have a 6 or 7 point lead depending on the poll that was release a few days ago? If he doesn't win it would be as large a surprise as NJ's Big Boy losing. Christy looks like the statue out front of the Big Boy restaurants. If only we could get him to put on a pair of red and white checkered overalls and run down the boardwalk eating an ice cream cone and carrying a burger on a plate. That would be something!
        It's looking like the Libertarian candidate's going to get about 7% of the vote, so it may make the final tally....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Apparently they're still reporting the VA governors race as "too close to call" (though that will change with the larger northern counties final tally) but they already called the Lt. Gov race for the Democrat. I don't even know who that is, but I know the Repuke was a completely insane bigoted wackjob, so I suppose it's good that (apparently) even some Republicans wouldn't vote for him.

And of course Christie was declared the winner in NJ. And Bill Blasio easily defeated the asshole he was up against in NYC. Not really a surprise there, in either case.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Latest VA numbers from MSNBC:

80% precincts reporting

McAwful - 46%
            Cuccinelli - 47%
            The Randtard guy - 7%
            Last edited by FORD; 11-05-2013, 10:05 PM.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Here's some irony for you...... FAUX has apparently projected McAwful as the winner.

Or at least that's what they say over at Democratic Underground. I don't even get that fucking channel. MSNBC is still saying "too close to call", though Chuck Fraud says he's taken over the lead as Fairfax County comes in.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Here's some irony for you...... FAUX has apparently projected McAwful as the winner.

Or at least that's what they say over at Democratic Underground. I don't even get that fucking channel. MSNBC is still saying "too close to call", though Chuck Fraud says he's taken over the lead as Fairfax County comes in.
                Yup, MSNBC called it now too...

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well.... as I said, I'm no McAuliffe fan, for good reasons, but I guess... congratulations. If for nothing else, then at least the fact that you broke the "streak" of the opposite party (of the White House) always winning the governors race.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Jabba the Christie giving his "victory" speech... invoking Hurricane Sandy more than Guiliani invoked 9/11.

As if the lap band surgery wasn't enough of a flashing red light, this speech was definitely written by Team KKKoch. As much as Jabba is talking about "the next 4 years", don't bet on it, NJ residents. Regardless of when he actually resigns, he ain't going to be governor as of January 2016. He's definitely the KKKoch's chosen puppet for the next election.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Uh-oh... the new mayor of NYC is talking in Spanish. Teabagger meltdown in 4....3....2...1....
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

MSNBC must have cut their budget.... looks like Tweety Matthews has to wear Howard Fineman's rug on his head now.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Uh-oh... the new mayor of NYC is talking in Spanish. Teabagger meltdown in 4....3....2...1....
                          Cue the music...

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Colorado voters overwhelmingly approve state marijuana tax
                            By John Ingold
                            The Denver Post
                            Posted: 11/05/2013 9:15 PM

A state ballot measure imposing special excise and sales taxes on recreational marijuana won handily in statewide voting Tuesday night. This story will be updated throughout the night.

9:12 p.m.: Results on local marijuana tax measures are beginning to come in from around the state.

Voters in Pueblo County are favoring — by 60 percent to 40 percent — a measure to impose a 3.5 percent sales tax on recreational marijuana. In a night of blowouts in favor of marijuana tax issues, that race is about the closest there is.

In Carbondale, voters are favoring their marijuana tax proposal 73 percent to 27 percent. In Fraser, voters are approving marijuana taxes 66 percent to 34 percent. And in the tiny mountain town of Red Cliff, voters are giving a thumbs-up to marijuana taxes 40 to 25. Those tallies aren't percentages; they're vote totals.

Voters in Eagle are narrowly saying no to recreational marijuana stores in their town, according to the Eagle County clerk's Twitter feed.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Colorado voters overwhelmingly approve state marijuana tax
                              Yeah, I was there last night. Shithead stoners from Denver with their even shittier stoner Yuppie asshole friends handing out free joints outside when people left the polls. Rumor had it as skunk weed - you know, the kind of shit Von smokes to lower his sperm count so he could have asshole children. So I declined.

Comment

Working...